Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro wants to make another brony phenomenon out of Care Bears?

Vox

(edited)

Wasn't this a while ago?

All i know is that it didn't take off and Hasbro even had a fandom name ready for it: Belly Bros / Care Dudes.

It was pretty cringe-worthy while they tried it and eventually gave up. As for the show's quality, I don't know because I didn't watch it. I do love the Care Bears though.

Edited by Bayonetta

I've noticed this is common now, for example I noticed that with lego's "friends" line the character are almost exact copies of the mane six, it seems that a lot of "girls" shows are trying to grab the brony audience, I can't comment on these as I've never watched them but I think if they were good they would have gotten some attention by now. 

They already tried this with Care Bears Welcome to Care-a-Lot, back in 2012, when season two of MLP commenced, but I am curious as to know if Hasbro will try again, with a new generation of Care Bears. In the eighties, the Care Bears was a phenomenon, they were everywhere, my family was a huge Care Bear family, and remember how soft they were, and had a sweet fragrant smell, finally there were the movies and TV, the movies were okay, at least the first Care Bears movie, the second was an in congruent, plot hole ridden mess, the TV show had promise, however, during the second season, they focused too much on Champ Bear, Cheer Bear, Grumpy Bear, Brave Heart Lion, Bright Heart Raccoon, and Treat Heart Pig, sometimes Grams Bear, Baby Hugs and Tugs, as a result Nelvana gave up character development on the rest of the Care Bears, so if Hasbro wants to make Care Bears into a large fandom again, they should not try, just show us something to latch onto, just like the ponies, something we can relate or feel invited to join, if My Little Pony could be an unanticipated phenomenon, the Care Bears could once again revive their fandom, it takes talent, patience and respect for the audience, which what brought me to MLP-FiM.

• Brohoof 1