Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How does "normal society" view pegasisters?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

While many people view bronies as "strange and quirky men who are obsessed with a girl's show about magical horses", how does society think of the average pegasister, any woman who loves MLP:FiM?

Would they, for being grown women who outgrew the targeted audience of little girls and tweens, be treated like grown men who watch shows like Ben 10 and Adventure Time?

• Brohoof 1

Assuming pegasisters is a term exclusively used for adults would be inaccurate. My teens have no issues at school and with adults regarding their enjoyment of FiM. They also prefer the term brony.

• Brohoof 3

My assumption is that women who like MLP would be treated with less distaste than men, since it is originally targeted towards girls. 

• Brohoof 2

Well I think they're just seen as what they are that is women that like cartoons. So definitely not anything bad like often seems to be towards a male brony. I guess it's just more accepted as well it's considered a cute trait I guess.

• Brohoof 1

That's a first. The only reactions I've gotten were odd looks and the occasional "Aren't you a bit old for that?" But otherwise people don't complain much. It's expected that I'd enjoy this type of show.

• Brohoof 2

That's a first. The only reactions I've gotten were odd looks and the occasional "Aren't you a bit old for that?" But otherwise people don't complain much. It's expected that I'd enjoy this type of show.

Makes sense.

Pegasisters are viewed as the wrong age to like it, Bronies are viewed as the wrong age and wrong gender to like it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

They are probably too focused on the stereotype but then again, I doubt they even care if you're a female or a male, if you like a kid's show you are a creepy. I get what they mean though, there are a few weird things in this fandom.

Edited by The Awesome One