Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is "Trollestia" canon after all?

ggg-2

One of the comic issues jossed the idea of "Trollestia", however in Make New Friends But Keep Discord, she has Twilight, a pony she KNOWS is near obsessive with order and perfection, help organize the Gala.....and then goes and invites Discord, a being that would screw everything up. (which she was apparently hoping on.....) So, is "Trollestia" canon after all?

• Brohoof 5

most definitely. I think she's proven that she cares more about trolling ponies than her royal duties, in fact. And at this point, her younger sister, Luna, looks a lot more mature than sunbutt.

• Brohoof 6

Well I feel it has been hinted at for a while but really the last episode was a clear sign or at least as clear as it would get that she enjoys trolling a little. So yeah, definitely at the very least she enjoys putting Twilight and likely other ponies in those funny situations. I guess when you're a thousand years old you have to do something to keep yourself from becoming bored right away.  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 6

I think she has a sense of humor, yes. I'm not sure I'd call her a troll, but she's clearly not your standard princess. One thing that I particularly liked with her was in the episode with the Phoenix. (A Bird in the Hoof, was it?) Where she was at the Cakes' shop and they kept refilling her tea, and then she pretends to take a sip and they refil it again. :P I liked that. It showed that she wasn't overly formal, and didn't see herself as so much better than her subjects that she can't have a little fun now and then.

(And, to be honest, his joke about Twilight was a bit funny, especially mixed with her reaction. XD )

• Brohoof 9

I think it's nice because now she's getting the chance to develop her personality from being Equestria's Mom, to being another actual character, with limits, like and dislikes, flaws and all.

This IS the second time she's wanted something like this to happen at the Gala... Maybe she'll get a chance to really spread her wings (no pun intended)

• Brohoof 2

I spotted that troll too. I am pretty sure that she pretended to not being able to stop the smooze as well. Must have had to attend some really boring Galas to put her personal protege through all that knowing that she would simply overreact and maybe even start begging Celestia not to send her to the moon for failing to keep the event under control due to Discord's antics.

She also laughed at Discord's joke about Twilight's flying. I found that funny. She was in full troll mood that night.

• Brohoof 2

I actually like this kind of side from Celestia. She seems incredibly down to earth in this episode and likes to have fun. She even laughs at a joke from discord about Twilight. That was extremly cute.

I don't like the idea, that Celestia is this all wise god, that is always behaving so royaly and what not. She is much more real in this kind of behavior.

It's like what Mozart said in the movie Amadeus: "Which one of you wouldn't rather listen to his hairdresser than Hercules? Or Horatius, or Orpheus... people so lofty they sound as if they shit marble!"

I like her trollish personality.

• Brohoof 10

I think she has a sense of humor, yes. I'm not sure I'd call her a troll, but she's clearly not your standard princess. One thing that I particularly liked with her was in the episode with the Phoenix. (A Bird in the Hoof, was it?) Where she was at the Cakes' shop and they kept refilling her tea, and then she pretends to take a sip and they refil it again. :P I liked that. It showed that she wasn't overly formal, and didn't see herself as so much better than her subjects that she can't have a little fun now and then.

(And, to be honest, his joke about Twilight was a bit funny, especially mixed with her reaction. XD )

I find this agreeable. Celestia does express her inner child at times, which proves that she isn't afraid to be a bit informal. It also makes her more approachable in some ways. While her rank as Ruler of Equestria would make her intimidating in power, she also show peaceful nature and is notably rather calm and kind. She shows no intentions or thoughts of abusing her power. It's her maturity in this aspect that makes her respectable. Those times she plays childish pranks or allows goofy things to happen shows that she enjoys the company of her subject and likes to laugh with them. She shows how mortal she is despite being essentially revered as a deity or god.

To put the final nail on the coffin with this one though. There is a video I love which essentially is a fan work but shows Celestia's true nature perfectly, that she is flawed like anypony. That she is not better, no worse.

MAJOR WARNING: The feels are strong with this video. Prepare a few tissues for this one. I cannot get through it myself without crying a little.

• Brohoof 3

Trolling would imply that Celestia had some malicious intent to to cause harm and evoke negative emotions at others' expense. She invited Discord because she truly regarded him as a friend and good company.

Honestly a lot of times the Equestrians need to lighten up and not behave like namby pamby ponies. Its not Celestia's fault that someponies had a rough falling out that happened to spillover onto the Canterlot guests.  :(  :umad:

Maybe if Twilight Sparkle was a I dunno, a better friend to Discord like Fluttershy was, this slimy situation could have been avoided altogether, kinda like what happened with a certain centaur villain.

But now where would be all the fun in that if we all didn't learn a valuable lesson and get a few good laughs in now and then?  :umad:

As others already said, I wouldn't call her a troll (which implies a mean-spirited kind of humor), but she does appreciate a little joke here and there as a way to subvert the hyper-formal atmosphere that follows her around like a rain cloud.  Like many in royalty, she definitely seems to be tired of everything being proper all day everyday.  I can't blame her.  At work, my position kind of puts me in a place where people think of me as a humorless authority figure, but I do a lot of the same things that Celestia does...if nothing else, to gradually put people at ease and maybe relate to them.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think the reason she would "troll" is, considering the fact, she's always use to a royal, not-so-fun-all-the-time kind of job where she is often busy. I mean, some princesses need to have a break from the royal life and have their fun :P

And It's more of a sarcastic idea with Celestia :twi:

Edited by TwilightAqua

I'd say definitely.  She has proven herself to be a huge troll many times over  :lol:  :umad:

Just my opinion.

I'd have to agree with you on this because in the last episode remember how she laughed at Twiley. That's not the first time she's done something like that either.

I actually like this kind of side from Celestia. She seems incredibly down to earth in this episode and likes to have fun. She even laughs at a joke from discord about Twilight. That was extremly cute.

I totally agree with what you wrote.She does not do it "maliciously", I don't understand why many bronies bothers this side of her character.Despite her regal appearance, she also has a sense of humor 

They need to make a Celly focused episode  :huh:

Celly.  First time I've ever heard her called that.  Her nickname is usually Tia.  But I agree.  I've been wanting a Celestia spotlight since the beginning.  I hope they develope her down-to-earth side more.  That laugh at Twi's expense might have been the best moment in the whole show!

Celly.  First time I've ever heard her called that.  Her nickname is usually Tia.

Luna used to call her Celly when they were younger according to the Journal of the Two Sisters. I have no idea where this Tia bussiness came from  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I've always thought she wasn't, until the last episode.

Maybe the writers liked the idea of Trollestia and wanted to exploit it...

I feel like if Luna did the same things Celestia does, people wouldn't be calling Luna a troll...they would be saying that Luna is funny and cute, so I feel as if Celestia isn't getting much justice. She does have a sense of humor, and although some may find it mean, I find it perfectly fine. But, do I think she's "Trollestia"? No.