Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Roleplaying Discord -- Searching for EQE players

AmberDust

(edited)

~~~

NEWS SECTION:

It seems as though our top candidate to play Discord has gone and vanishified, meaning we're back at stage one-- auditions.

The next order of business would be to decide on an RP topic that Discord could fit comfortably into. We're taking suggestions here! A good place to start would be the theme of Discord trying to make new friends that might share his interests, in view of the events of "Make new Friends but Keep Discord".

~~~

*EDIT*
This post was initially intended to be in the EQE OOC discussion section, but was moved. When I say "here", I'm talking about EQE. Sorry for any confusion.

First and foremost: I understand that Discord is not a playable character in the EQE, and I'm not trying to change that or anything. Don't worry.
...This is really more of a Want ad.

sig-3771895.sig-3771895.sig-3771895.sig-

Getting right to it...
I was wondering if anybody here has ever wanted to play as/with Discord in the Everfree Empire (EVE), but in a setting that was more controlled and anchored to canon, just like the Equestrian Empire (EQE).
I know that I would love to be in an RP with Discord, but finding someone to RP him is sort of a daunting and risky task over in EVE, where things are, well, rather wild. I'd do it myself, but I'm afraid I wouldn't do his character justice...not to mention I fear accidentally tipping the scales in my favour, in terms of Discord interacting with my own characters. :adorkable:

So, I guess what I'm asking is, would anyone here in EQE (or anyone else who is otherwise a seasoned and/or talented roleplayer) be interested in RPing with/as Discord over in the Everfree Empire, while still keeping the other rules of EQE intact? Perhaps let your OC meet him, get in some practice playing as him, or play out day-to-day life with the mane six...

And, of course, while we're here...
Auditions are open, if you'd like to give it a go. Right on this thread. Just a little practice sample. Ask me for a story prompt if you need one.
The floor is yours, Discord.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Omgomgomgomg!!! I would LOVE to play as Discord! :D

^^' Not sure if it's already obvious, buuuut. Discord is my FAVORITE FiM character~! :derp:

And yeah, I agree that staying canon in EVE is a bit risky since people can do what they like over there, but I would never go against the books when it comes to the Lord of Chaos, so no worries~ ^^

Edited by Alex VanGamer

Omgomgomgomg!!! I would LOVE to play as Discord! :D

^^' Not sure if it's already obvious, buuuut. Discord is my FAVORITE FiM character~! :derp:

And yeah, I agree that staying canon in EVE is a bit risky since people can do what they like over there, but I would never go against the books when it comes to the Lord of Chaos, so no worries~ ^^

*ahem*

Auditions are open, if you'd like to give it a go.

The floor is yours, Discord.

(edited)
And... Auditions are open, if you'd like to give it a go. Right on this thread. Just a little practice sample. The floor is yours, Discord.

sig-3772517.sig-3772517.discord_banner_b

"Ohoho~ Well Helloooo Twilight Sparkle!" Discord exclaimed, throwing up his inter-species arms into the air. "It's so good to see you again!" He beamed,  disappearing in sparkles of light before rematerializing around Twighlight, loosly confining her in his snake-like body. "So! What is it that you're so preoccupied with now that's keeping you from visiting me?" He asked, peering over the alicorn's shoulder at the clipboard she was levitating. The alicorn frowned in annoyance, trying to move the papers out of his line of sight. However, he simply slithered out of his current posture and stood up, grabbing the board in his hands.

Snaping his talloned fingers, a pair of reading glasses appeared in his fingers, he then placed them on the bridge of his nose before looking closley at the papers. "Oh! Planning for the infamous, magic-less Winter Wrap up, eh?" He mused, looking over at the mare before playfully pouting at her. "And you didn't think to invite me to help?"

Twilight opened her mouth, fumbling her words as she tried to reply when almost immediately, Discord placed a finger over her lips to silence her failed attempts. "Oh no, don't worry you're delicate little princess head." He said, patting the top of her head. "Fluttershy's already told me aaallll about it in her letters!" He said, twirling his lion paw in the air. "And she was kind enough to say I could pop in to assist her with her little 'animal friends'. So I just wanted to let you know that I'll be here bright and early tomorrow morning to lend a hand!" As he said this, his talloned hand suddenly appeared behind the light purple mare, poking the back of her neck to grab her attention, startling her a moment. He laughed in amuesment for a good minute or so before his arm disappeared and popped back into it's usual place. "Ta ta!" He concluded, hovering above the ground and waving to the young princess, suddenly disappearing in a flash of light.

------------------------------------------------------

^^ Hopefully that works for ya~

Edited by Alex VanGamer
  • Brohoof 4

@@AmberDust

Considering the rules regarding Discord I have moved this thread to the Everfree Empire OOC section. While I can understand the intent of the thread; the fact remains that Discord is not a playable character in Equestrian Empire. In the future please keep the proper placement of RP threads in mind.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 2

@@AmberDust

Considering the rules regarding Discord I have moved this thread to the Everfree Empire OOC section. While I can understand the intent of the thread; the fact remains that Discord is not a playable character in Equestrian Empire. In the future please keep the proper placement of RP threads in mind.

Thanks. :)

Oh...that's too bad.

I was looking for players who were involved in EQE, so moving it here really makes it...obsolete.^^'

I understand that this RP will never actually come to fruition in the EQE section, can't the "Planning" page go there? Seeing as I'm looking for EQE players? I'm just not sure they'll reach this page if its over here.

I'd really appreciate you moving it back, if you could. I put it there very purposely... I don't believe it breaks any rules, does it? :o

sig-3772517.discord_banner_by_alex_van_g

"Ohoho~ Well Helloooo Twilight Sparkle!" Discord exclaimed, throwing up his inter-species arms into the air. "It's so good to see you again!" He beamed, disappearing in sparkles of light before rematerializing around Twighlight, loosly confinng her in his snake-like body. "So! What is it that your so preoccupied with now that's keeping you from visiting me?" He asked, peering over the alicorn's shoulder at the clipboard she was levitating. The alicorn frowned in annoyance, trying to move the papers out of his line of sight. However, he simply slithered out of his current posture and stood up, grabbing the board in his hands.

Snaping his talloned fingers, a pair of reading glasses appeared in his fingers, he then placed them on the bridge of his nose before looking closley at the papers. "Oh! Planning for the infamous, magic-less Winter Wrap up, eh?" He mused, looking over at the mare before playfully pouting at her. "And you didn't think to invite me to help?"

Twilight opened her mouth, fumbling her words as she tried to reply when almost immediately, Discord placed a finger over his lips to silence her failed attempts. "Oh no, don't worry you're delicate little princess head." He said, patting the top of her head. "Fluttershy's already told me aaallll about it in her letters!" He said, twirling his lion paw in the air. "And she was kind enough to say I could pop in to assist her with her little 'animal friends'. And I just wanted to let you know that I'll be here bright and early tomorrow morning to lend a hand!" As he said this, his talloned hand suddenly appeared behind the light purple mare, poking the back of her neck to grab her attention, startling her a moment. He laughed in amuesment for a good minute or so before his arm disappeared and popped back into it's usual place. "Ta ta!" He concluded, hovering above the ground and waving to the young princess, suddenly disappearing in a flash of light.

------------------------------------------------------

^^ Hopefully that works for ya~

That was brilliant, by the way. :)

Oh...that's too bad.

I was looking for players who were involved in EQE, so moving it here really makes it...obsolete.^^'

I understand that this RP will never actually come to fruition in the EQE section, can't the "Planning" page go there? Seeing as I'm looking for EQE players? I'm just not sure they'll reach this page if its over here.

I'd really appreciate you moving it back, if you could. I put it there very purposely... I don't believe it breaks any rules, does it? :o

I mean no offense, but it's as I say. With Discord not being a playable character in EqE then this thread has no place in that section's OOC forum. I'm sorry, but the thread has to stay here.

I mean no offense, but it's as I say. With Discord not being a playable character in EqE then this thread has no place in that section's OOC forum. I'm sorry, but the thread has to stay here.

I don't see the harm, but...

Understood. u_u

@@AmberDust,

Are you planning on taking on any other characters? 'Cause I would like to get more practice in as AJ!

Erm. This isn't really the purpose of this thread. :/

Okay I'm really sorry for dragging this out but I really think this thread isn't doing its intended job in this section. ^^" Would I be able to get...a second opinion, or something? From another moderator? I just want to be 100% certain. :please:

I just feel like this thread could have been left in the EQE Planning section with no harm done...and I think it belongs there more so than here, since I'm looking specifically for EQE role-players. :please:

I just feel like this thread could have been left in the EQE Planning section with no harm done...and I think it belongs there more so than here, since I'm looking specifically for EQE role-players. :please:

If you are looking to RP with EQE players, you can always send them a PM, then mark the RP as private. Pathfinder moved the thread correctly, and it will be staying in the Everfree Empire section.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If you are looking to RP with EQE players, you can always send them a PM, then mark the RP as private. Pathfinder moved the thread correctly, and it will be staying in the Everfree Empire section.

Send them a PM?

...like, all of them? :o

Thanks for the idea. ^^

Oh, hey, I totally didn;t notice that the link to this thread still appears in the EQE planning section. :o I'm guessing that's temporary?

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

If we are going to make an RP with Discord as a SoL or anything you wanted, Amber, I'm up for it. I have been wondering how RPing with Discord will be. :P

I think and SOL would work best. I can't imagine how ridiculous an adventure would be with Discord.  :umad:

On a separate note, I was surprised that the ponies in "Make New Friends but Keep Discord" weren't frightened of him. I'm positive Amber would be....in addition to being incredibly excited and possibly a little stupid.

She's a history geek, and he's centuries old, so.  :mellow: Yeah.

Heck, she dressed up as him for Nightmare Night once.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think and SOL would work best. I can't imagine how ridiculous an adventure would be with Discord.  :umad:

Aaah, c'mon. It'd be oodles of fun to go on an adventure with him~ ;P

:'D I'd do it in a heartbeat!

On a separate note, I was surprised that the ponies in "Make New Friends but Keep Discord" weren't frightened of him. I'm positive Amber would be....in addition to being incredibly excited and possibly a little stupid.

She's a history geek, and he's centuries old, so.  :mellow: Yeah.

Heck, she dressed up as him for Nightmare Night once.

And I think the reason they weren't freaking out about him was because I'm sure he hung around Canterlot a bit whenever Princess Celestia needed him. So the Canterlot ponies weren't really that freaked by his appearance...

Plus, I think they were freaking out more about The Smoose than anything else. Especially since The Smoose is all gooey and stuff. Those Canterlot ponies are always about etiquette, neatness, and all that blah.

Aaaaand! (And this one's not a serious reason) The Smoose only had a bow and hat on. At least Discord came with a much more classy attire and he's just so flippin' cute~!! I mean, look at this face!

discord_squee_by_alex_van_gamer-d8u51pr_

Edited by Alex VanGamer
  • Brohoof 2

Man I used to roleplay all the time...but I'm so shy I only ever RPed with a small group of close friends. I've been soo tempted to join in the RP section of these forums but my anxiety always gets the best of me. Maybe someday. :blush: Anyway! @, I just wanted to say your post as Discord was awesome and I hope you get the chance to play him! :D

• Brohoof 3

@@DragonFlyer

:wub: Oh why thank you! ^^ I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it. And, if you want, maybe we could rp sometime. It doesn't have to include Discord (although that would be pretty awesome). I love to rp. And with a site like this, it's a great way to play with and meet new people~

• Brohoof 3

Man I used to roleplay all the time...but I'm so shy I only ever RPed with a small group of close friends. I've been soo tempted to join in the RP section of these forums but my anxiety always gets the best of me. Maybe someday. :blush: Anyway! @, I just wanted to say your post as Discord was awesome and I hope you get the chance to play him! :D

I'll invite you to my next Slice of Life RP, if you'd like. :) (whenever that may happen)

Those are fun and easy.

@@DragonFlyer

:wub: Oh why thank you! ^^ I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it. And, if you want, maybe we could rp sometime. It doesn't have to include Discord (although that would be pretty awesome). I love to rp. And with a site like this, it's a great way to play with and meet new people~

So, will you be our Discord 1.0?   :wub:

• Brohoof 2

And, if you want, maybe we could rp sometime. It doesn't have to include Discord (although that would be pretty awesome)

Ahaha, I'd LOVE to include Discord! He's only my favorite character and the reason I started watching FiM in the first place. :D But I'd leave roleplaying him to you, I don't think I could do it. XD

I'll invite you to my next Slice of Life RP, if you'd like. :) (whenever that may happen)

Thanks!  I'm sure I'm very rusty but if I have time and get over my paranoia I'll give that a try. I do have a pony OC I've never really done anything with.

(edited)

aw, i was *that* close. 

and i really thought i could portray him accurately...

but ill do it anyway, for the laughs of caliber meeting him. ^-^

Edited by PeytonJay