Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Newest episode hit with less than expected ratings

Plonkett

(edited)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/05/ratings-for-make-new-friends-are-in.html

Seriously, it's been one thing after another with FiM being owned by Discovery. The premiere constantaly getting advertised every week, the show being put on the backburner in favor of past gen stuff, a week long delay, and now this. How do we know that the ratings for the next episode will be just as bad, if not even worse? It's just becoming a snowball effect at this point. If this keeps up, how long will it get to the point when Discovery decides that the show is no longer a viable source of income for them?

Edited by vgmaster9

Generally all shows have a few low score episodes every season, mlp has seeded itself as a seasonal show and a somewhat of a long runner in the world of entertainment even more so I. Cartoons, most cartoons are ending after five seasons, and many end before that point.

Mlp isn't going anywhere for at least 2 more years after the mlp movie set for release in 2017, as long as sales are good they won't axe something making thrm money.

AND those Stats are more than likely US bound, here in Canada we just aired "Castle Sweet Castle" as a dubut episode for the network than has the rights to play the show. And shouldn't be indicative of seasonal rot.

Discovery is usually very good with business choices and aren't known for axing shows with little cause, have a little faith.

Who cares? The ratings aren't what's really important. It's the toys that keep this show alive.

• Brohoof 7

Who cares? The ratings aren't what's really important. It's the toys that keep this show alive.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS is the truth. I make up like 60% of the MLP toy revenues.

(A welcome would be apreciated) XD

• Brohoof 2

Seriously, it's been one thing after another with FiM being owned by Discovery. The premiere constantaly getting advertised every week, the show being put on the backburner in favor of past gen stuff, a week long delay, and now this. How do we know that the ratings for the next episode will be just as bad, if not even worse? It's just becoming a snowball effect at this point. If this keeps up, how long will it get to the point when Discovery decides that the show is no longer a viable source of income for them?

Dude, chill, one episode with lower ratings is no doomsday signal  :smug:

Season 3 was a terrible season, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. We have season 4 and now season 5. If MLP can survive an entire season being bad, I think a few episodes here and there is nothing to worry about.

It's honestly nothing to worry about, view ratings does not usually mean anything and if you worry about it then you should not, it's no alarming sign or anything. If the show is being watched then it's all good, nothing really disastrous here.

(edited)

My Little Pony is doomed! DOOMED

Season 3 was a terrible season, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. We have season 4 and now season 5. If MLP can survive an entire season being bad, I think a few episodes here and there is nothing to worry about.

And I call bullshit :P

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 4

I've seen a lot of people talk poorly about season 3. 

Sounds like a very vocal minority to me

• Brohoof 3

Personally I agree with one of the commenters on the article. There was a delay for the episode, so even if that wasn't particularly the reason it definitely didn't help. I even liked this episode more than the last.

• Brohoof 2

That's subjective, but anyway, the ratings have nothing to do with how good or bad the episode was. 

I'm stupid. :( Most people did love season 3 and thought of it as their favorite. Most people hate Rarity and love Rainbow Dash, so it only makes sense for a season which cuts out Rarity and makes Rainbow Dash good to be the best.

Sounds like a very vocal minority to me

Quite the opposite actually. Almost everybody in the fandom has voted season 3 as the worst season. But me personally I thought it was alright.

This show didn't get so popular because people watched it on TV, most people watch it online anyways. Watching an episode when it premieres or watching it a few hours or days later, the kids will still want to buy Hasbro's toys.

Only a select few non-sporting-related shows get consistent high ratings. As much as we love FiM not every episode is going to receive a standout amount of viewers, and you shouldn't be too shocked to see this.

In any case I'll take this over what IndyCar fans continually carry on about when it comes to ratings.

• Brohoof 2

Ratings Are Like, So Superficial, You Know?

The air date delay could have cost some momentum, and the title is a bit clumsy, so those may be factors. And while Discord has a lot of fans on the Internet, non-fans may not have tuned in on Discovery Family simply because it was a Discord episode.

Or maybe not as many viewers liked the episode, simple as that.

On the bright side, I thought it was a great episode, and Tree Hugger (voiced perfectly by Nicole Oliver) is like, totally Best Pony as far as my chakras are concerned, so I'm hoping we'll see her return in future episodes as Fluttershy's groovy organic, recyclable friend.

post-2150-0-51227600-1432174415.png

Blessings.

• Brohoof 1

Kind of surprising since it aired on the same day as the Preakness horse race. I thought that would get everyone excited about horse things.

But this episode was so good, I bet the chatter about it will lead to more people watching the next one. Place your bets on viewer count :lol:

The delay between that and the episode before it did not help, there were probably some people that may have thought the season was over or simply didn't know there would be a new one the following week. Not every fan follows this stuff as closely as many of us on this site do after all. This should only concern us if it keeps happening.

(edited)

Not every episode is a hit for one reason or another. Not to mention that we had wait a while for this episode so that might have put off some potential viewers. Even the best of shows can produce content that is sub-par in terms of quality of the plot. You my friend, are over reacting.

Edited by The Awesome One