Did you like it?  

492 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Just a quick thought. I'll write a more detailed opinion on this later. 

But this episode, to me, wasn't a nod at the fandom. It was basically them getting up on the podium and saying, "Thank you for being with us all this time." There are probably new fans who won't quite understand the references. But to all of us who have been with the show for a little while, it was awesome.

This episode was purely fan service. Rainbow Falls also tried to be a bit of a fan service episode, but it wasn't done right. In your canonical episodes, you don't give copious amounts of fan service in there. Today's episode had more Derpy in it than Rainbow Falls did, but Derpy in Rainbow Falls bugged me because that was a canon episode. This wasn't. It had some canon in it, but I don't get the feeling that it was supposed to affect the overarching story to a dramatic degree. Cranky and Matilda aren't even main characters. Cranky only had one other episode. We probably won't see much of them again. The rest are background characters and one was an animation error. 

Anyway, I just wanted to give my opinion that this was fan service done right. They also took a lot of what already existed in the fandom and turned it straight into something else. A lot of it caught me completely off guard, and I think a lot of people will agree it caught them, too. And I laughed so much. It was a very fun episode. You can tell they had fun making it. This will give the fandom fuel for more ideas for a long time. Not my favorite episode. That honor is still held by Hurricane Flutteshy. But it's definitely in my top 10. Maybe even my Top 3. 

• Brohoof 4

Too many funny lines to quote. Most have been mentioned. But fifteen pages in and nobody has brought up Bob Bon(d) saying "for your safety I have to get out of here and go find a crowd to blend into"

• Brohoof 6

Alright, here we go. I think that Celestia was actually angry at Luna, for hiding all of her Bananas. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Celestia: "You're so mean, Luna!  You just don't understand how much I love bananas."  :okiedokielokie:

Luna: "Celly, you have a problem."  >_>

Celestia: "I DO NOT!!!"  :angry:

• Brohoof 1

Only one thing to say about this episode.

Congratulations to all those people who've written all those classical shipfics making Doctor/Derpy Lyra/BonBon and Vinyl/Octavia fanon!

It just been canonised.

Overall I think the 100th episode was pretty good, not the best of episodes but not bad.

Nothing was canonised especially the Lyra and Bon Bon scenes...they literally couldn't stress enough that they were just "Best Friends" and I've know plenty of girls who are best friends, they act pretty close as if they are couple but have stated they are straight many times ones even got a BF. People just cant seem to let their ship go...

• Brohoof 2

Like I always say, shippers see what they want to see and nothing will make them unsee it no matter how logical, so prepare for an influx of pointless overdone shipfics coming from this episode.

The episode itself? Great. Amazing, even.

The fandom's reaction? Won't be. 

245664.jpg

• Brohoof 2

One thing I disliked however: the fact the ponies don't give a damn about the bee-bear and are like "What is it this time?" It was absurd and not realistic at all... But I guess that's just me.

Actually it makes perfect sense if you think about it.  It's a fun way of showing how absurd life in Ponyville is at this point; seriously, how many monsters have invaded Ponyville by now?  They're the pony-equivalent of the City of Townsville at this point.  ^_^   So yeah, if your village was invaded by a monster every Tuesday (sometimes Thursdays just to mix things up), which was in turn inevitably defeated, how would you react?  ;)

• Brohoof 5

Lyra and Bon-Bon just confirmed they are just friends
Yeah right!

Have you seen their faces when they talked to each other? Heared the tone of their voices, maybe?

When some "just friends" talk to each other like that - I will only say: yeah, yeah, just friends.

And it doesn't really matter whether they did it already or not.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah right!

Have you seen their faces when they talked to each other? Heared the tone of their voices, maybe?

When some "just friends" talk to each other like that - I will only say: yeah, yeah, just friends.

I've given a lovey dovey face to my pet cat before and told him he's my best friend

Does that mean we are a couple? No

Shippers see what they want to see and no amount of logic will dissuade them

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One thing that struck me as cringy about the particular part with the bugbear was how the mane 6 all popped up immediately like they're the resident superhero crime fighters. Even if they are, I like how most episodes have them genuinely falling into problematic situations instead of just some random big bad showing up and then they pop in and out of a phone booth ready to fight crime.

Edited by Lexamena

I think everyone over looked Dr. Hooves saying "What is that word you keep using? 'Man'?"

actually, I picked up on it immediately

it's because the due kept saying man over and over again in the movie

One thing that struck me as cringy about the particular part with the bugbear was how the mane 6 all popped up immediately like they're the resident superhero crime fighters. Even if they are, I like how most episodes have them genuinely falling into problematic situations instead of just some random big bad showing up and then they pop in and out of a phone booth ready to fight crime.

well, you dunno what was going on before;

at the start of the episode, they're already planning their counterattack

it might be that they were in the forest for some reason and saw that the bear was heading for ponyville, so they came back to protect it, there's a number of valid explanations

actually, I picked up on it immediately

it's because the due kept saying man over and over again in the movie

well, you dunno what was going on before;

at the start of the episode, they're already planning their counterattack

it might be that they were in the forest for some reason and saw that the bear was heading for ponyville, so they came back to protect it, there's a number of valid explanations

I've never even seen the movie and I got the reference

Was this episode a fan service...... yes, very much so.

But it was done well in that it furthered our knowledge of Equestria and more specifically Ponyville. Typically fan service episodes fool around with gags around the main characters, for instance if they made an episode in which Twilight and Pinkie go nuts, Rarity whines, Applejack tries to lie, and so on. In this case they made the episode worth watching for the mere sake of world building long with it being entertaining.

Philosopher Gummy was hilarious.

The Doctor scenes were comical, especially with Derpy.

Derpy, what a way to return to the limelight! Canonized muffins.

The other references and gags were great too.

Best conversation though is a tie between Celestia and Luna's squabble over the gift, and Octavia talking with the CMC over what the situation was. All in all it was just really enjoyable.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah right!

That doesn't really confirm anything...they most likely made them like that to please some fans but as they constantly pointed out through their dialog...they are just "best friends"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Woohhh! 100th!

I just love Derpy's voice..

Muffins solve everything, of course!

I'm not even half done with the episode and so many back round ponies have talked

Was Lyra and Bon-Bon kinda confirmed? But that twist..

I'm super happy they put Octy and Vinyl together, though x3

Their.. House looks so weird though. One half for Vinyl, one for Octavia.

The backround ponies, the music, that.. Travelling set for Vinyl, Gummy..

This episode blew every expectation I had and took it out to a five star dinner.

Edited by Snow Berry~<3
  • Brohoof 4

that's true. I guess we could rationalize it any number of ways.

one more thing...I picked up on the "man" reference, but to me, I felt like the dude came across more like a socal surfer voice moreso than the real dude. maybe that's just me.

• Brohoof 1

I've given a lovey dovey face to my pet cat before and told him he's my best friend Does that mean we are a couple? No Shippers see what they want to see and no amount of logic will dissuade them
You compare two situations completely out of context. Are you sure you're competent enough to mention logic?
  • Brohoof 1

You compare two situations completely out of context. Are you sure you're competent enough to mention logic?

Did you ship Lyrabon?

If yes, you are biased.

There's a reason that they reiterated the same damn line 20-some-odd times in the episode. They're telling you THEY ARE NOT A COUPLE

Get over it, LyraBon is officially dead if you thought it was canon.

• Brohoof 1