Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Male Singer Needed for "Shut Up and Dance" Parody

ThePoniMan

(edited)

Hey everypony,

As the topic title says, I am looking for a singer to sing a parody I made of "Shut Up and Dance." You need to have a nice microphone and be a nice singer, but I'm open to hear all things. If you are interested, send me a sample of you singing the original song. Thanks! :D

Edited by Joseph Stallion

I'd be interested.  Anything specific I should sing, or what?  I have a pretty good falsetto, baritone, and bass.

(edited)

@@AspenSwift,  Wow, what a convenient time for me to check the forum post. You just posted XD

Anyway, do you know the original song? That's basically what you would be singing, so you could submit some sort of sample of that (the original song). 

NOTE: Some of the lyrics are wrong, but it doesn't really matter ;p

• Brohoof 1

@@AspenSwift,  Wow, what a convenient time for me to check the forum post. You just posted XD

Anyway, do you know the original song? That's basically what you would be singing, so you could submit some sort of sample of that (the original song). 

NOTE: Some of the lyrics are wrong, but it doesn't really matter ;p

I've heard parts of the song.  Tomorrow I'll memorize some of it and get back to ya.  For today, however, I'm going to bed :)

@@AspenSwift, Yes, I should probably be going to bed, too (It's 1:30 in the morning!)

@, Haha, I saw your status XD I think, if you want, you can submit a sample along with Aspen. It will be sort of like a contest. I will choose which one I think sounds the best (No one be offended, it's for the better of the quality!). So, yes, feel free to submit something demonstrating your singing abilities (Preferably of the original song).

(Wow, I seem to be using parentheses a lot) 

@, Haha, I saw your status XD I think, if you want, you can submit a sample along with Aspen. It will be sort of like a contest. I will choose which one I think sounds the best (No one be offended, it's for the better of the quality!). So, yes, feel free to submit something demonstrating your singing abilities (Preferably of the original song).

(Wow, I seem to be using parentheses a lot) 

Actually, nevermind. Just remembered my mic is crap.

@@AspenSwift, It seemed a little soft and the music was really loud, but those should be easy fixes. You have a really nice voice! It was good :D

So would you be in to sing this parody? :icwudt:  

Wow, I didn't actually think you'd like it XD.  Those fixes can be made easily, and I'd love to help!  Thank you so much for letting me be a part of it!

• Brohoof 1

@@AspenSwift, No problem! If you don't mind, after you record it and everything, could you send me your vocals in a separate file? I just want to test out some cool effects and stuff :P

I'll send you the lyrics soon. I just need to do some tidying up on them. It's basically a parody about Discord making friends with Fluttershy. It's weird to say, but when you read it, it will make sense. 

• Brohoof 1

@@AspenSwift, No problem! If you don't mind, after you record it and everything, could you send me your vocals in a separate file? I just want to test out some cool effects and stuff :P

I'll send you the lyrics soon. I just need to do some tidying up on them. It's basically a parody about Discord making friends with Fluttershy. It's weird to say, but when you read it, it will make sense. 

Sounds neat!  Oh, and what do you mean by a separate file?  Like, not an mp3?  Or that you want the vocals without the background music, which is what I would have done anyway :P

(edited)

@@AspenSwift, I just mean the vocals without the music, but I liked how you included the music for the sample. It gave me an idea of what it would sound like with the music. 

@, Well, I already sent lyrics to AspenSwift for him to sing it, but I am always open to hear more and decide which is better. I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just for the better of the quality ;)

So yes, if you want to, just submit a recording of you singing "Shut Up and Dance" so that I can get an understanding of your voice. You can do it anyway you want, I just need to be able to hear it :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, long time no see!  Like I said, I was busy for a while, but I finished my rough draft.  This is by no means finished, but I wanted you to take a listen and see what I should change.  Background noises and echo will definitely be taken out later.  And like I said, it kinda sounds bad now, but I'll work on it.  

Anyway, sorry this took so long, I've been real busy.  Oh, and hi @!  Fancy seeing you here!

Whoops, didn't upload that the first time.

@@AspenSwift,

You too, unfourtunatley Joseph, i'm really busy and I can add anny sort of project on my plate right now. I'm balancing seven riting projects along with a voice over project so :lol: If i add one more I'll end up killing myself. I'm sure Aspen was great himself, so he should be good enough for you. :) 

Okay, I've tried now for a while, but I can't upload the mp3. It's giving me a "500 error," which probably means it's something server side.  Anyway, any other ideas about how I can get it to you?  Do you have a skype?

Okay, maybe this time!   Again, don't expect too much :)

C'mon make friends.mp3

@@AspenSwift, Cool! It sounds a bit rough. I'm sure it will sound better when you record it however you recorded that first sample you sent me, but so far, nice job. I'm not sure how it will sound with the music in the background, but I tried playing it synced up, and it seemed as if you slowed down a little during some parts, but that should be an easy fix :3

If the quality ends up like that first recording, I shall be very happy with the results!

• Brohoof 1

@@AspenSwift, Cool! It sounds a bit rough. I'm sure it will sound better when you record it however you recorded that first sample you sent me, but so far, nice job. I'm not sure how it will sound with the music in the background, but I tried playing it synced up, and it seemed as if you slowed down a little during some parts, but that should be an easy fix :3

If the quality ends up like that first recording, I shall be very happy with the results!

Thanks!  Like I said, it's a rough draft :)

• 1 month later...