If you had to be an equestrian race on earth -- what would you choose

silvadel

You become an equestrian stuck on earth, what race?  

64 users have voted

1. 1. If you were to be changed into an equestrian, but stuck on earth, what common race would you choose?

• Unicorn -- but of course you don't have any books on magic to help.
    • Pegasus
    • Earth Pony
    • Saddle Arabian
    • Griffon
    • Changeling -- Love is your food source
    • Dragon -- You need to eat Gems, control greed.
    • Diamond Dog -- fast burrowing
    • Minotaur -- Strong and similar
    • Breezie
    • Zebra
    • Donkey

Unicorn of course. Magic in the real world would be excellent to have!

~Hocus Pocus

Ya weni mareh mirekyarahire
Juri yu mirekerason

Kire hyari yoriherahe nyurahera
Nunnyura unera yurawera nihmerani

Who wants to be a pony when you can have paw hands?

So Diamond Dog.  :D

My OC is basically myself as a Diamond Dog anyway, and I would look like this:

post-809-0-64479000-1436743556_thumb.png

I wouldn't do well with hooves. Not at all. I need my hands, as I am a literally hands-on person and I need to continue to do my art. Also, I'd love to be able to burrow around underground and dig my way from situations. I could just make my own private burrow away from other people and annoyances. And I already live in constant darkness with few lights due to the fact that I'm up primarily at night and during the day, my windows are constantly covered so that we can sleep in the mornings. Traveling through digging is just such an isolated experience... not having to deal with traffic or cars... ah. And also, no fear of falling out of the sky if I were flying above it all. 

The only thing I wouldn't like was all the dirt. I tend to be a neatfreak. But I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually, and I'd probably be cleaning myself up constantly anyway. 

• Brohoof 2

Aether Velvet is the name of the OC in my avatar. Drawn by me. 

Deviantart

(edited)

Who wants to be a pony when you can have paw hands?

So Diamond Dog.  

My OC is basically myself as a Diamond Dog anyway, and I would look like this:

I wouldn't do well with hooves. Not at all. I need my hands, as I am a literally hands-on person and I need to continue to do my art. Also, I'd love to be able to burrow around underground and dig my way from situations. I could just make my own private burrow away from other people and annoyances. And I already live in constant darkness with few lights due to the fact that I'm up primarily at night and during the day, my windows are constantly covered so that we can sleep in the mornings. Traveling through digging is just such an isolated experience... not having to deal with traffic or cars... ah. And also, no fear of falling out of the sky if I were flying above it all. 

The only thing I wouldn't like was all the dirt. I tend to be a neatfreak. But I'm sure I'd get used to it eventually, and I'd probably be cleaning myself up constantly anyway. 

First thing, your O.C. is super cute [you may have started a new artistic trend by making Diamond Dogs adorable]

post-809-0-64479000-1436743556.png

Diamond dogs seems to have their own special kind of magic [a solid variation of Tempulari, the water/vapor manipulation magic of Pegasi].

They also have increased strenght and inertial inmunity instead of flying (if the Rainbow Rocks humane versions of them are of any indication from the scene with the grand piano).

Maybe the same magic repels pasively the dust out the clothes and respiratory system, mantaining them healthy in what would be otherwise a very nocive enviroment [witch solves your "neat" problem, as a quick brush would be enough to restore the fur to decent conditions].

Also, I never considered the advantages of being able to quickly "phasing out" from surface space like if the earth and rocks of the ground were made of foam. The idea of building your own house in a matter of hours (instead of weeks/months) was one of the reasons for me to choose pegasi.

What you may lose in mobility, is compensated by security and stability; (as is not necessary to choose between anchoring or drifting on winds).

Edited by SilverComet
  • Brohoof 1

I would love to be a Unicorn, just like my Ponysona, who is also me so I think that makes perfect sense. ^.^ Or does it? Yeah, I think being a unicorn on earth would be pretty nifty. The amount of things I could do with magic on Earth would be incredibly fun. :3 Even if my skills in magic would not be all that great.

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I'd choose Dragon, assuming I could stop myself from becoming too greedy, so that way I stay small, so that way I can still use the computer/play video games...XD

This is a signature,

and that was a post...

I don't know what it would be like in real life, but I have turned my self into Rainbow Dash in a lucid dream :P Flying is amazing, I would love it. Magic doesn't seem all that special while dreaming, but it would be really useful to have in real life. Is this a world though where everyone else didn't change at all and still sees you as a pastel colored pony or would they just think it is normal? 

Working on 40 posts!

• 4 years later...

I'll go with Pegasus. I can just imagine how much of a convenience the ability to fly would be. I mean, I won't even need a car. Plus, flying would just be so much fun. And if I wanted too, I could easily seclude myself in the sky. The only problem is the lack of hands, but considering that Pegasi make it work with just hooves I think that I could too. So yes, I choose Pegasus.

"Here we are, don't turn away now, We are the warriors that built this town" - Imagine Dragons

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd probably be a Hippogriff, so I can fly, pick things up with my claws, and turn into a Seapony whenever I swim! :squee:

silverstream_signature_by_kyoshifrostwolf_dceb7cf.png.13d1f0558421db9878b3d4774bb30e86.png

Definitely pegasus, always loved those from the start! :P

• Brohoof 2

81JYZLI.png
#NoAI please be so kind to not throw my artworks into AI machines,
This is something that unsettles me heavily! <3
Signature by @Moonlight

• 1 year later...

Well I probably would choose unicorn but given that there would be no books, I probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to use it effectively, so probably pegasus? I wonder what people would think seeing me sleeping on a cloud.

twilight_sig_20_by_kyoshithebrony_dc1aw1e.png

I think I'd choose a pegasus, even though my ponysona is a unicorn, I don't know if it'll be much help if there isn't anything to help study magic. Also, I just think flying is more interesting when I'm in a place without magic

Changeling, the reason being that I could change my appearance to look like a human and hopefully nobody would find out. Ability to change appearance would be useful in some other ways as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Pegasus for sure. It's free air travel! I'd be able to fly anywhere I please :fluttershy:

It takes all sorts to make a world
Short and tall sorts, large and small sorts
To fill this pretty planet with love and laughter
To make it great to live in tomorrow and the day after!

I'm fine being an earth pony. Magic doesn't appeal to me and as much as I love a good pegasus design, I'm afraid of heights! I like the simplicity of earth ponies. They're strong and are connected to the earth. I want to be like that.