Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Pinkie a better friend than the Princess of Friendship?

ManaMinori

Now, pressuring a friend into doing something you KNOW they aren't keen on, and purning your best friend into a bat, on the other hand....bad friend, indeed.

Isn't that exactly what Pinkie did to Cranky? She literally kept trying to force him to be her friend in spite of his quite vocal objections. Twilight even tried to tell her that she just can't be friends with everyone, yet she couldn't take no for an answer. Then she deus ex machina'd her way into being his friend, but that's neither here nor there.

Twilight and Pinkie are both great friends to have, they're both caring and generous. They can also fuck up by putting their own desires and needs above their friends, but we've all been there. The difference between the two of them is that Pinkie is naturally outgoing, she makes friends easily and is quite complacent with quantity over quality. Twilight, however, is the exact opposite. The friends that she wants are ones that could be lifelong. She wants a small, core group of friends that may slowly expand. Neither one is a worse friend for their preferences, they're just different.

• Brohoof 3

Isn't that exactly what Pinkie did to Cranky? She literally kept trying to force him to be her friend in spite of his quite vocal objections. Twilight even tried to tell her that she just can't be friends with everyone, yet she couldn't take no for an answer. Then she deus ex machina'd her way into being his friend, but that's neither here nor there.

Twilight and Pinkie are both great friends to have, they're both caring and generous. They can also fuck up by putting their own desires and needs above their friends, but we've all been there. The difference between the two of them is that Pinkie is naturally outgoing, she makes friends easily and is quite complacent with quantity over quality. Twilight, however, is the exact opposite. The friends that she wants are ones that could be lifelong. She wants a small, core group of friends that may slowly expand. Neither one is a worse friend for their preferences, they're just different.

unlike what Twi pressured Flutters into, who was her friend at the time, Cranky wasn't Pinkie's friend, at the time she was pressuring him, which cant make Pinkie a bad friend, if she wasn't a friend at all, at the time, but more of an aquaintance. (And really, EVEN IF you wanna argue against that, her pestering actually benefited Cranky in the end, since it reunited him with Matilda. How wa Fluttershy being pressured into siding with trying to get rid of the fruit bats, and her becoming a bat beneficial to her?)

So you let this slip, but not the bat thing?

Boy, i would like to meet your friends.

n need to resort to personal insults just because you run out of supporting argument.

n need to resort to personal insults just because you run out of supporting argument.

There is a certain difference between both of us my very good friend. I don't take this stuff seriously. ;)

I like to have friendly debates with people who have a passion for the show. I don't want to speak with people, who have a vendetta against a fictional character, which you obviously have.

• Brohoof 1

There is a certain difference between both of us my very good friend. I don't take this stuff seriously. ;)

I like to have friendly debates with people who have a passion for the show. I don't want to speak with people, who have a vendetta against a fictional character, which you obviously have.

I'm like you Hypno.  I think this kind of topic should be light-hearted.  It's nothing to take personally.  

I would say that Pinkie would be the kind of friend you could count on showing up to stuff 100% of the time, whereas Twilight would be the kind of friend that may not always be able to show, but when she does, can offer a higher intellectual presence for whatever needs may be.  

That being said, I don't think you can say that either pony is a "better friend" - they're both equally good for different reasons.  They offer different personalities and it would depend on what kind of friend one wants.

P.S. Hypno, every time I see the word "vendetta" I think of the old PS2 game, Def Jam Vendetta:

ps2_188.jpg

~ Miles

if I had a vendetta against Twilight, then please explain why I said, in my earlier post in this same topic, that there were aspects of her that I actually liked, and perhaps you can be a dear and quote a post of mine where I've called for her head on a platter, and her body burned at the stake.

I dont have a vendetta simply because I choose to defend my opinions or observations on scenes in the show. Beleive me- if I had a ventetta, you'd know.

And if the vendetta is with anypony, it's Sunbutt, CelestillumiNeighty puppet. Which I've expressed loud and clear many times over.

if I had a vendetta against Twilight, then please explain why I said, in my earlier post in this same topic, that there were aspects of her that I actually liked, and perhaps you can be a dear and quote a post of mine where I've called for her head on a platter, and her body burned at the stake.

I dont have a vendetta simply because I choose to defend my opinions or observations on scenes in the show. Beleive me- if I had a ventetta, you'd know.

And if the vendetta is with anypony, it's Sunbutt, CelestillumiNeighty puppet. Which I've expressed loud and clear many times over.

This thread. Why do you need to bump it after ten days? Just to bask in your victory? "Hooray, i win an internet argument."

And the fact that you have a vendetta against ANY fictional character, just proves my point that you take this waaaaaay too seriously.

Maybe you should take a break or something.

I'm like you Hypno.  I think this kind of topic should be light-hearted.  It's nothing to take personally.  

I would say that Pinkie would be the kind of friend you could count on showing up to stuff 100% of the time, whereas Twilight would be the kind of friend that may not always be able to show, but when she does, can offer a higher intellectual presence for whatever needs may be.  

That being said, I don't think you can say that either pony is a "better friend" - they're both equally good for different reasons.  They offer different personalities and it would depend on what kind of friend one wants.

P.S. Hypno, every time I see the word "vendetta" I think of the old PS2 game, Def Jam Vendetta:

sig-3926456.ps2_188.jpg

~ Miles

God, i remember that game. Good times. :D

I also never said that neither both are good or bad. They both had their flaws and i surely don't overlook Twilys problems in Bats! Seriously, the fact the that she also took AJs side just like that, boggles my mind.

• Brohoof 1

How wa Fluttershy being pressured into siding with trying to get rid of the fruit bats, and her becoming a bat beneficial to her?)

This is true in the sense that everypony else took Applejack's side, leaving Fluttershy alone. Twilight may have pressured her into Staring down the bats, but it was actually necessary. Twilight was trying to do what was best in the situation and Fluttershy was not on that side of that argument. Fluttershy was only thinking about the bats while Twilight was trying to consider all possibilities, taking into consideration everything that would be affected by the potential destruction of Sweet Apple Acres. And come on, don't talk like Twilight's goal with the spell was to turn Fluttershy into a bat. It was a mistake and we all know it. Twilight couldn't have known that the Stare would've affected her spell. Not even Fluttershy could've predicted that.

unlike what Twi pressured Flutters into, who was her friend at the time, Cranky wasn't Pinkie's friend, at the time she was pressuring him, which cant make Pinkie a bad friend, if she wasn't a friend at all, at the time, but more of an aquaintance. (And really, EVEN IF you wanna argue against that, her pestering actually benefited Cranky in the end, since it reunited him with Matilda.

...so? Don't play the semantics game here, the argument is still valid. She was trying to force him into becoming her friend because she couldn't take no for an answer. True, Cranky benefited in the end by being reunited with Matilda, it's not like Pinkie was the only pony who could've done it. If she had left him alone like he wanted, he most likely still would've been reunited Matilda. All it would've taken was for anypony in Ponyville to mention another donkey in town and for Matilda to do a bit of investigating. The fact still remains that Pinkie Pie was trying to force Cranky into doing something he quite obviously didn't want to do. Even if they weren't friends, it still shows a lack of respect.

This thread. Why do you need to bump it after ten days? Just to bask in your victory? "Hooray, i win an internet argument."

And the fact that you have a vendetta against ANY fictional character, just proves my point that you take this waaaaaay too seriously.

Maybe you should take a break or something.

God, i remember that game. Good times. :D

I also never said that neither both are good or bad. They both had their flaws and i surely don't overlook Twilys problems in Bats! Seriously, the fact the that she also took AJs side just like that, boggles my mind.

you know what? I'm getting the impression that this is less about me posting in my own topic to "bask in my victory" as you see it, though I did no such thing; and more about you just not liking what I have to say as far as expressing my opinion goes.

Because had you atually read that very post you seem hellbent on misinterpreting, you would've seen, very clearly that I said "I think Pinkie answered my concerns"

"I think" is an opinion. It is open for debate, since each have their own thoughts on the subject. Hardly words of gloating, as you seem to beleive. I'm allowed to freely express my thoughts and opinions in my thread, and if you're looking for light-hearted banter, then might I suggest you refrain from seeking it out in my topic, but rather elsewhere. Good day to you.

you know what? I'm getting the impression that this is less about me posting in my own topic to "bask in my victory" as you see it, though I did no such thing; and more about you just not liking what I have to say as far as expressing my opinion goes.

Because had you atually read that very post you seem hellbent on misinterpreting, you would've seen, very clearly that I said "I think Pinkie answered my concerns"

"I think" is an opinion. It is open for debate, since each have their own thoughts on the subject. Hardly words of gloating, as you seem to beleive. I'm allowed to freely express my thoughts and opinions in my thread, and if you're looking for light-hearted banter, then might I suggest you refrain from seeking it out in my topic, but rather elsewhere. Good day to you.

Well in that case, in my opinion, i actually think that you actually try to "bask in victory." But you know what? You're right. Let us stop this.

Good day to you too. ;)

(edited)

You know, Amending Fences actually made me think of this very topic, before I ever saw this thread.  Twilight is, and always has been, the best candidate to succeed Celestia as ruler someday, but there are times when I wonder if "friendship" is exactly the right title for Twilight.  I mean, I'm not suggesting that anything should be different, per se, just that perhaps Twilight should have a different title, though I don't know what.  Meh, I guess it should stay the same, but I would definitely say that Pinkie knows more about friendship than Twilight.  That doesn't mean Pinkie is a better friend, just more experienced.  Twilight is still kind of a newbie to frienship, if you think about it, especially if you buy into the fact that the whole show is suppose to have spanned, what...like, a friggin year and a half?  (I don't buy that, btw.)  Pinkie, on the other hoof, is friends with every last damned pony in Equestria.  But she's not suited to lead like Twi, and that's why the roles are what they are.  But that scene in Fences when Pinkie greets Minuette, and kids Twilight for not knowing they were friends, and says, "And you call yourself the 'Princess of Friendship'," kind of made me think, hey yeah, that's right--Pinkie is sort of the master of friendship.  Maybe she should (jokingly) have the crown.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

Pinkie is friends with everybody but she can be insensitive accidentally and is to much of a wild card to be a real princess except maybe a princess of cake or exploding party favors.  I love Pinkie of course. The only other mane 6 member who could be a real ruler is Applejack in my opinion because of her honesty and level head most of the time. 

You know, Amending Fences actually made me think of this very topic, before I ever saw this thread.  Twilight is, and always has been, the best candidate to succeed Celestia as ruler someday, but there are times when I wonder if "friendship" is exactly the right title for Twilight.  I mean, I'm not suggesting that anything should be different, per se, just that perhaps Twilight should have a different title, though I don't know what.  Meh, I guess it should stay the same, but I would definitely say that Pinkie knows more about friendship than Twilight.  That doesn't mean Pinkie is a better friend, just more experienced.  Twilight is still kind of a newbie to frienship, if you think about it, especially if you buy into the fact that the whole show is suppose to have spanned, what...like, a friggin year and a half?  (I don't buy that, btw.)  Pinkie, on the other hoof, is friends with every last damned pony in Equestria.  But she's not suited to lead like Twi, and that's why the roles are what they are.  But that scene in Fences when Pinkie greets Minuette, and kids Twilight for not knowing they were friends, and says, "And you call yourself the 'Princess of Friendship'," kind of made me think, hey yeah, that's right--Pinkie is sort of the master of friendship.  Maybe she should (jokingly) have the crown.

you're absolutely right about the title not fitting, especially given the time span. So Twilight made 6 friends, learned about them, and discovered that Friendship magic is infinitely more powerful than alicorn magic. In fact, looking back at Magical Mystery cure, the ONLY reason whyy she IS an alicorn and princess is because she figured out that Friendship magic existed as its own force, and harnessed it in unison with her friends. Not because she's actually the master of making friends, or being a good friend, herself.

That goes to Pinki e- who, unlike Twilight, has been making friends, being agood friend, going through greater lengths for her friends- and even not yet friends, since she was a filly.

Pinkie is friends with everybody but she can be insensitive accidentally and is to much of a wild card to be a real princess except maybe a princess of cake or exploding party favors.  I love Pinkie of course. The only other mane 6 member who could be a real ruler is Applejack in my opinion because of her honesty and level head most of the time.

who said anything about who is the better princess? Just trying to break down who the better friend is, between the two. That's all.