Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pickups, Camaros, & Ponies

Chevette

All I can say is I have pretty strange ideas, today's interesting adventure involves Rainbow Dash driving a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS as Applejack drives her 1964 Chevrolet C-10 Stepside Pickup alongside Dash. I wanted a side shot, instead of a 3D because well, I was just screwing around and trying out some different ideas.

I used to make car drawings on Microsoft Paint during school, (My school had each student have their own laptop) so a few years of experimentation with MS Paint lead me to create things of this caliber.

This was one of the harder projects I had conducted in MS Paint due to the true size of the vehicles, I made them too big really to contain the amount of detail i wanted to express in the image. Just imagine your average 1080p X 720p then imagine this image at 7000+p X 4000+p. I bit off more than I could chew there, I'm thinking about just drawing this one out on paper the old fashioned way to add background and stuff.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 6

Epic!

To make this more "modern," make RD in either a 2013 Shelby Mustang GT500 [After all, the Mustang WAS the first "pony car (long hood and short rear deck)"!] or a 2012 Chevy Camaro SS V8 (Sounds delicious... heard one yesterday!), and have AJ in a 2012 Ford F150 Raptor Pick-up... That would look EPIC!!

Edited by mister_pigeon
  • Brohoof 1

All I can say is I have pretty strange ideas, today's interesting adventure involves Rainbow Dash driving a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS as Applejack drives her 1964 Chevrolet C-10 Stepside Pickup alongside Dash. I wanted a side shot, instead of a 3D because well, I was just screwing around and trying out some different ideas.

Dang, I used to have one of those pickups. I had to sell it to help pay for college-related living expenses though. Seeing that truck in your picture brings back some intriguing memories. The memories are doubly intriguing because I didn't actually have a driver's license at that time.

Anyways, I am actually a diehard auto enthusiast. You make this awesome artwork that combines both ponies and cars - two things that

. I hereby decree that you must keep making these awesome works of art.

So, yeah... Stay cool dude! B)

• Brohoof 1

Epic!

To make this more "modern," make RD in either a 2013 Shelby Mustang GT500 [After all, the Mustang WAS the first "pony car (long hood and short rear deck)"!] or a 2012 Chevy Camaro SS V8 (Sounds delicious... heard one yesterday!), and have AJ in a 2012 Ford F150 Raptor Pick-up... That would look EPIC!!

I love you for suggesting a Ford. Thank you, lol.

I used to make car drawings on Microsoft Paint during school, (My school had each student have their own laptop) so a few years of experimentation with MS Paint lead me to create things of this caliber.

This was one of the harder projects I had conducted in MS Paint due to the true size of the vehicles, I made them too big really to contain the amount of detail i wanted to express in the image. Just imagine your average 1080p X 720p then imagine this image at 7000+p X 4000+p. I bit off more than I could chew there, I'm thinking about just drawing this one out on paper the old fashioned way to add background and stuff.

Posted Image

Very sharp! How long did this take?

Mmmm Mustangs. ;) My dream truck is a Ford F250 Super Duty Quad Cab. One day...One day.

Eh... I like the F150 Raptor better...

And how about that 2013 Shelby GT500?! 700+ BHP (I think), 200+ MPH... YUM!!! :P

• Brohoof 1

Eh... I like the F150 Raptor better...

And how about that 2013 Shelby GT500?! 700+ BHP (I think), 200+ MPH... YUM!!! :P

Oh, the Raptor is a hella nice truck for sure. I just want to go big to compensate for the penis I don't have. ;) (Got a little red neck girl in me, lol)

Oh, the Raptor is a hella nice truck for sure. I just want to go big to compensate for the penis I don't have. ;) (Got a little red neck girl in me, lol)

Haha. ;)

I sat in the Raptor once and thought, "Out of the way, all ye peasants of the road!" :P

• Brohoof 1

Dang, I used to have one of those pickups. I had to sell it to help pay for college-related living expenses though. Seeing that truck in your picture brings back some intriguing memories. The memories are doubly intriguing because I didn't actually have a driver's license at that time.

Anyways, I am actually a diehard auto enthusiast. You make this awesome artwork that combines both ponies and cars - two things that

. I hereby decree that you must keep making these awesome works of art.

So, yeah... Stay cool dude! B)

Thank you for the comment! I have always loved the look of the mid 60's Chevrolet Pickups, so I couldn't resist having AJ driving one. It's too bad you had to sell a truck like that, but I guess you did what you had to do there. I hope to own a truck like that in the future, but until that day drawing them will have to suffice.

I'm sure you can also tell my interest in vehicles and ponies is well, quite large so I assure you I will keep up the artwork containing both ponies and automobiles :)

Thank you again for commenting, much appreciated!

I love you for suggesting a Ford. Thank you, lol.

Very sharp! How long did this take?

Thank you :)

This took about a rough estimate of near around 10 hours to complete it as you see it now, many MANY revisions were made. I have a full page on MS Paint full of trucks and Camaros I experimented with, a few ponies on the side as well. Originally it was just going to be AJ driving the truck towing a boat, but then after a few ideas were shot around in my mind I came up with this one.

Thanks for commenting, much appreciated!

• Brohoof 1