PC heat levels?...

Jora

so i have a newly build twitch streaming game comp, it as the following: 4790K (stock cooler) a AMD R9 290 PCS+ powercolor a Z97 asus mobo 16 gb of 1866 clocked ram in a 4 fan Cooler master 932 case 

my temp levels for my GPU

are 95 -101 F   under light games while streaming "light games like" Ori and the blind forrest, Axiom Verge, Duke Nukem 2 Hotline Miami ect?

do you think i should run a water cooler on both my GPU and CPU?? i just might.

• Brohoof 1

ah okay i'm just not used to feeling the generated heat in my room from this beast of a PC and it scared me a bit lol 

• Brohoof 2

so i have a newly build twitch streaming game comp, it as the following: 4790K (stock cooler) a AMD R9 290 PCS+ powercolor a Z97 asus mobo 16 gb of 1866 clocked ram in a 4 fan Cooler master 932 case 

are 95 -101 F   under light games while streaming "light games like" Ori and the blind forrest, Axiom Verge, Duke Nukem 2 Hotline Miami ect?

Well, 95 degrees F is equal to to 35 C, and that's a very stable temperature for PCs. You don't need to worry. Now if it starts going to like 120 F or higher, I'd worry, because that's when your PC will start to overheat, and some parts, like your GPU, may explode. Not like blow up, but it might catch fire.

Also,

My PC is cold. I know nothing.
It's bad to have your PC get temps too low, because than you'll start to get condensation, and that's obviously bad.

I don't know computers man! I didn't even know there was a temperature thing, nonetheless where to find it.

What do you mean, it's cold, then? Are you using a laptop or custom built rig?

(edited)

I'm using a Dell PC. It's pretty cool

Oh, I wouldn't worry, then. If you mean it's cool when you touch the outside, that's not what we're talking about. My case is pretty cool on the outside, but my internal temps are 44C on my CPU, and 54C on my GPU.

Edited by Celli

Well then.

...I feel stupid.

Thanks though

Yeah, internal temperatures. Not the case.  :P

i normally while streaming in twitch like 38Cish 101 F on my GPU  under Light gaming steam games and streaming and my CPU is like 30-35C 85-95 ish, but then again this is my First gaming comp so i'm not used to the heat in generates in my room, my room is like 80 to 90 F while out side my room is like 70 lol 

Computer temps are typically measured in C just so you know, thats 38c on average which is very good, so a water cooling system would not be necessary. Generally, such cooling systems are used for extreme overclocking. My cpu/gpu usually hovers around 40/50c, which is good, but it could be better. 

My GPU often hits 100C and sometimes 110C + 
The card info shows that the fun is buggered and doesn't work.. but I know it does because I've run and checked it while the side casing was off. I'm not worried though. 

(edited)

You have nothing to worry about until your PC gets 100C+

That's simply not true. All desktop computers will shut down well before they reach 100c. Desktop CPUs are designed to shut off once temperatures exceed 90c. 80c is generally considered the 'maximum safe' temperature.

If you get above 80c, your computer is dangerously close to overheating and will shut down automatically to prevent damage if temperatures continue to increase.

Ideally, you should be getting 25-40c while idling, and 40-60c while gaming or doing other cpu intensive tasks. Of course as I said you can go all the way up to 80 before you start to have issues, but it's not a good idea to let your computer run that hot all the time as it can diminish the lifespan of your components.

My GPU often hits 100C and sometimes 110C +

The card info shows that the fun is buggered and doesn't work.. but I know it does because I've run and checked it while the side casing was off. I'm not worried though.

That is a huge problem, you need to replace your GPU ASAP. If your gpu really is running that hot, it's going to die very soon. And i'm not sure I believe your gpu is running that hot, can you post a screenshot of it showing that temperature? Edited by Guest