Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Drawing Are You Most Proud Of?

Odyssey

One thing's for certain is that drawing is not easy. When we do so, we have to consider many things, such as if the anatomy of a character is accurate or if the shading works. As such, it takes a lot of time and love to create something that looks nice. But when we do create something that we're proud of, it shows that we tried our hardest into creating something we love doing.

With that said, which drawing are you most proud of? What is it that you love most about it? Did you learnt anything new drawing tricks from it? Be sure to post an image of your work, or even a link to it.

• Brohoof 7

• 2 weeks later...
post-17364-0-30877900-1397307277_thumb.png

Learned a lot about inking, line work and texture.

I even printed it out on to a couple T-shirts and got 3 ppl to buy them at an art walk.

I just hope moving on into the future that I crate works that I myself can not believe I did.
  • Brohoof 11

Currently, I'm most proud of this drawing I did of Sawk for this thread.

ICMdQl2.png

It is the newest drawing I've made, so there's that, but I do think it looks better than the other drawings I made. I like how the shading and lighting came out, and the anatomy is a bit better compared to previous works of mine, but I still need to work on my lineart.

• Brohoof 6

Some wonderful drawings here guys! No wonder y'all are proud :)

(edited)

I think this is my best, even though its a little messed up. It's the first time I ever done a dead body

I just realized the writing is a little hard to see. It say something like: "Do you want to play with my new toy"

post-34257-0-78302200-1437845247_thumb.jpg

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 1

Just started drawing recently. First time using GIMP's path tool and selection to draw this, I'm really satisfied with how it turns out.

Its a pic I made for a random request >>> @@Dawning Demon,  OC Sparkle Dust, but I prefer her to be called WhipCream Magic

whipcream_magic_oc_by_raftclan-d92pz9g.p

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'll list three.

Traditional drawing:

sig-3981554.sig-3981554.sig-3981554.luna

This was drawn on sheet that's... I don't know what size (edit: 28" x 22") but it required me over 12 hours of work to complete it in May of last year. First time I tried to draw more realistic water and I'm fairly satisfied with how Luna and building in background turned out. Only thing I would definitely change is perspective of wall Luna is leaning against.

Digital drawings:

sig-3981554.sig-3981554.sig-3981554.futu

Currently most complicated digital drawing I made: Twilight's suit and equipment, scars, M4 Carbine, rain and wetness. I can't think of much I would change.

sig-3981554.sig-3981554.sig-3981554.luna

I would later revise this; I'm particularly not satisfied with building. But other than that I'm quite happy with how this turned out.

Edit: O. Somehow thought was limited to MLPFIM fanarts only.

Edited by Luna the Great
  • Brohoof 8

Looking at the thread, looks like it doesn't have to be ponies, so I'm OK with that:

post-2067-0-11984900-1438230418_thumb.png

This drawing is concept art for a short film I'm working on, and looking at it inspires me to keep working.

• Brohoof 3

There are a few drawings I'm proud of.

This drawing of Wubcake with Adagio. WubcakeVA herself told me she loved it because by the time this was submitted to my DeviantArt account, she wasn't feeling very well (I didn't even knew she was until she said so) so this picture cheered her up :)

post-31321-0-76272200-1438363513_thumb.jpg

This online picture of Lyra and Bon Bon (Secret Agent Sweetie Drops) seeing their EG selves:

post-31321-0-20453200-1438363843_thumb.jpg

This Mother's Day drawing featuring Derpy and Dinky:

post-31321-0-11012500-1438363986_thumb.jpg

And these background pictures I made from scratch of Sir Topham Hatt's (the Fat Controller's) office. These were made for the latest Thomas the Tank Engine Community Remake of The Adventure Begins:

post-31321-0-22296000-1438364244_thumb.png

post-31321-0-05508000-1438364381_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

Well, in my case, I am particularly proud of this one:

gin__hopeanuoli__by_timow.jpg

This is because before I drew this, I believed that I would not be able to draw anything else, but Powerpuff characters. Then this happened and I liked how this came out for the first time. It's not perfect, but I still like it very much, Plus it's Gin.  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

Well there's the Luna pic i made a few days ago..

1RHDdoa.png

I'm pretty proud of this one.. it's probably the best I've made so far :D (apart from my profile pic, which i spent more time making the edges the proper thickness and sterf..)

I learned a lot from this one.. like how to effectively layer the vectors rather than create a separate "layer" and stuff..

As well as how to get good flowing manes, an easy way to get the glimmering stars effect..

and how to draw the legs properly while remaining within the proper proportions :D

• Brohoof 1

the_mare_s_temptation__original_idea__by

This one. Best I've got, and I haven't surpassed it yet (much to my chagrin). It was done as a fan project for an author I love. Full credits here. But anyway, it's what I'm aiming to surpass right now, and it gave me a lot of practice playing around with shading and transparencies and just general layer effects in Manga Studio.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one drawing I did almost 2 years ago now, it was my first and only real attempt at digital art, I did it with a mouse instead of a tablet, and for what it is I suppose I'm proud of it (Except for those damn clouds). 

But having recently obtained a tablet, drawing is something I would actually like to get into, though it's been ages.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...