What game makes you angry the most?

Ricebug

Dark Souls 2

I loved the first one to bits, probably one of my favorite games of all time... though the second one just annoyed me beyond comprehension. I'm not sure if it's the shoddy enemy design or the snail's pace I seemed to progress at that ruined the experience for me, but what I am sure of is that I just can't stand it. 

Well For me, I'd say Maple Story made me angry the most in terms of language, lack of support and help, people doing bossing for themselves for greedy reasons, lack of listening and understand from spanish people, and of course lack of party leadershipping skills.

Kingdom Hearts, because it's an awful video game.

For once, PMD: Gates of Infinity isn't it

No, this is:

thumb_large_bea7f8f88c4917b5b7ab.jpg

You know why. We all know why.

It was banned at a family member's house due to a disagreement... 15 years ago.

I don't often get frustrated by games, TBH. That could be because I'm a seasoned veteran of almost every genre though, and have too many games to count under my belt of both the modern and retro variety. I suppose I dislike games that are broken mechanically. I'm not afraid of failure, and can re-do any section of a game as many times as it takes. If I fail enough times I may set aside a game, but I think that's more due to having a huge backlog and a case of gamer's ADD. I guess it can be frustrating to lose a certain amount of progress. Losing a half hour or more can be tough. Nothing tops the time my Tekken 5 data got corrupted and I had to achieve Tekken Lord status again from scratch, mind you(as well as go through every character's story and all other modes). Good times.

On a side note, if it's really true that only 11% of players of The Evil Within on PS4 beat the game on survival difficulty, and less than 19% beat the game at all, I weep for the future of gaming. I knew most gamers nowadays have the skill of a 5 or 6 year old from the 90s, but that's just sad...

(edited)

The only game i really hate was The Gravenville Chronicles. This game was so frustrating and annoying and stupid and a piece of...um trash, that i literally raged so hard that i broke my controller, i took the cd out and broke the cd on purpose.  :baconmane:

This game...ugh..i hate it..i hate it so much...i cant express how much i hated it...if i even see it...i even got the idea to buy every copy of this game and destroy it once.

The only other game i got angry at was Jak 2 - Renegade. It was the first race and i was trying to get the gold medal...i tried hours, i almost played the whole day and night because i couldnt do it. You have to be exactly precise with every of your moves or you cant do it.

I tried so long, that i had a mental breakdown...i cried for hours, literally. Im an adult men, and i cried for hours because i couldnt beat a racing track in a video game  :please:  But really, it was horrible.

Oh and Rage Racer of course.

Edited by Dune

I once played a game called "Mercury Meltdown Remix"

You would not know how many times it took me to complete some levels perfectly. My guess is probably in the 80-s for some levels.

Normally I'm a very calm and laid back guy, but this GAME.. instilled RAGGE.

Needless to say, I gave up completely when I hit the harder levels. Screw that.

Now, I know not the difficulty of games. Insanity runs seem breezy compared to the pain I had to bear.

Otherwise I've seen the AVGN Dr. Jekel and Mr Hyde. I reckon that aught to instill rage in just about anyone attempting to complete it. :lol:

I get pretty annoyed whenever I lose at a game. Any game. Mario Kart, Smash Bros, whatever, I get angry. Not that angry... But a little peeved. But I got super angry at Sonic Unleashed when I kept getting game over on the last proper and most difficult stage I the game. After that there's two bosses. But Eggmanland, I think, was more challenging than both bosses combined. So many enemies, a lot of virtual parkour, but the day sections were what stumped me. I always struggled with them. Eventually I just got really annoyed the first time and gave up. Then the next day, I did the same thing. And the next day. But then, I eventually best the stage and I was so happy! Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoyed the Eggmanland stage, but I just got angry at the amount of times I lost!

Destiny: This game angers me because it is the perfect example of what happens when corporate greed rips a game to shreds. "Oh, you wanna know the story or anything in the game? Well, check out Bungie.net! We didn't put it in the game!" "Oh, you want new content because the game lacked...most of it? Pay us more money for measly DLC please!" "You want cutscenes? Here, have 4 of them that solely are used to set up DLC!" "You want to play this week's weekly strike? Sorry, pay us more money please, that one is for DLC only!" "You wanna have more than just one measly raid?" Moooooore money please!" Then there was the Taken King disaster and...gah, I hate that game so much. I could go on for hours.

I know those feels all too well. Though I own all the DLC, I am extremely unhappy with the customer service, and various controversies I find myself on the unfortunate side of being caught on. Missing promotional items for example. The price hike with "The taken king" especially the deluxe edition with the special emote, shaders, and such.

One of the exceptionally few games anyone will ever see me get angry over is Destiny, and Planetside 2. I can only begin to tell you the frustration of dealing with uncooperative jerks who would not show the slightest fraction of a level of teamwork. Even worse considering its masses of people.

[There was a story here ... but there are things better left unsaid]

The sadness over some gaming communities falling to such degeneration is real :blush:

Edited by Fleur-De-Lis

• 2 weeks later...

A game I used to play a few years back that only pissed you off because of the community.

that was wild and moderated only by bots, where the forums were a nuclear war zone

where our kind were hunted to near extinction, where children became mutant devils

the apocalypse that's coming ....

edit:

I mean Roblox.

i don't get angry when playing games, but the things that will annoy me are: un-rebindable hotkeys, hotkeys spread all over the keyboard, bad pathfinding (mostly in RTS, where it affects me as well) and unresponsiveness.

"Pamela Anderson's V.I.P" for the PS2... If I could even call that a game. I could never get any of the controls right because it's ridiculous.  >_>