Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever known something would cause major backlash, but you did it anyway?

SolyWack

(edited)

Me: Wow, I haven't been on here in like...2 days.

You: Really, that long? What have you been doing?

Me: Well if you really want to know. I have been on FimFiction making some posts based on the very strange things people write about (she-males, incest, and rape BTW). I knew that posting about it would impact me negatively, and that some people might even go so low as to dislike my story just because of it. But as the most intelligent species on planet Earth, I posted it anyway, and oh boy...

You: well don't stop there, give us the deats!

Me: Okay, okay, so I posted it, and guess what?

You: What?

Me: People hated me. The post itself got 8 dislikes, along with my story getting a number of dislikes on it. I just kept thinking to myself. I could just NOT have posted that thread, and my story would still have its balls intact. But I did it anyway. Have you ever known something was a bad idea, but did it anyway?

You: Hmmm...

Edited by The Wife of Law
  • Brohoof 1

Well disliking anyone elses work for any reason will draw fire from them or others who write the same type of stories.

Some people write f***ed up MLP stories because they would never happen in the show for the same reason people watch f***ed up films because doing any of it in reallife or owning real footage of such things would have you sent to prision for 1,000,000 years.

On the topic. No. I'm not the kind of person who rocks the boat but I have replied, very strongly, to such posts a few times.

• Brohoof 1

Well disliking anyone elses work for any reason will draw fire from them or others who write the same type of stories.

Some people write f***ed up MLP stories because they would never happen in the show for the same reason people watch f***ed up films because doing any of it in reallife or owning real footage of such things would have you sent to prision for 1,000,000 years.

On the topic. No. I'm not the kind of person who rocks the boat but I have replied, very strongly, to such posts a few times.

I rock the boat so much that sometimes I forget i'm still in it.

• Brohoof 2

I rock the boat so much that sometimes I forget i'm still in it.

Your not the first to do so but critising the works of others about such things, especially if it was tagged and had all the appropriate warnings of what it would contain before hand may give off the wrong impression (much like people disliking a video they have gone out of their way to find.)

That said. The boat does need rocking from time to time. So while saying your opinion might get your works hammered into the ground, they'll always be somewhere else you can post them.

Or you could just make another account for discussion and one for posting your stories. You could do that too :)

Your not the first to do so but critising the works of others about such things, especially if it was tagged and had all the appropriate warnings of what it would contain before hand may give off the wrong impression (much like people disliking a video they have gone out of their way to find.)

Totally agree. There are many things that I don't like, for example in this fandom too, but I won't comment or criticize it just cuz I have rejective thoughts about it, especially when it's tagged and you were warned what you are reading. On the other hand I can understand why you feel the urge to give air to your opinion. If there is something I feel that is not decent, adoptable or proper I put on my debating mask, collect the reasons why I don't agree with it and debate the s*** out of the topic. Now, that's what I try to hold back for example when I'm here. I know that there are as many opinions as people so there are many things I see inappropriate still other people's point of view can be acceptable too or even I'm the one who doesn't get the point.

Or you could just make another account for discussion and one for posting your stories. You could do that too

I support this idea, can be a way.

Well if you really want to know. I have been on FimFiction making some posts based on the very strange things people write about (she-males, incest, and rape BTW)

Well if you criticize something that other's like you should prepare yourself to be criticize too. People usually have the sense of a lioness which tries to protect her cubs and if you have cubs too, they will do their best to reach the same effect even if it's not a proper method.

• Brohoof 1

Or you could just make another account for discussion and one for posting your stories. You could do that too :)

That is a great idea! By Jove I can't believe I didn't think of it *laughs mischievously*

I've called people out even though I was fully aware of the backlash. Honestly, I'm glad I allow myself to talk without caring what other people will say in return. If someone needs to be told off, they will be told off. and whoever leaves me for asserting myself, then they weren't worth being in my life in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

Nahh I don't really care about backlash, especially on the internet, I do what I think is right.

Nahh I don't really care about backlash, especially on the internet, I do what I think is right.

Not necessarily on the internet, thats just where mine happened. I was asking about anywhere in life really. The animosity on the internet is usually a hard place to find real consequence

Not necessarily on the internet, thats just where mine happened. I was asking about anywhere in life really. The animosity on the internet is usually a hard place to find real consequence

That can apply to real life as well. I always do what I think is right so backlash is of little consequence to me.

(edited)

Well it comes down to how much you get disturbed by public opinion. People will dislike your writing because of the comment you made. It's sad but people overlook things just because they don't like the person.

Edited by cider float

• 6 years later...

I've voiced my opinion on controversial subjects before on these forums when Debate Symposium existed. Although I typically avoid backlash, I'm not afraid to voice my opinion and I have stood up for myself several times.

Got banned on one fan site form just for showing photos and telling everyone the moon landing was fake…. People are going to have major meltdowns when they find out all Religions are lies.

I love truth. Been on a journey ever since I heard about the great awakening. Not sure if any one of you are on Telegram, but it’s the best place if your into searching for truths. 

• 11 months later...

Yes. Yes I have. That being said when it comes to the most recent one, which was a...month ago? I don't regret doing it because even though I did get in trouble for what I sent, I personally feel like I sent a powerful message that hopefully he got through his thick skull.

That being said after the whole lying fiasco this coworker and another one pulled shortly after(which I already posted about on here after it happened) I have to be well behaved for awhile. So no more standing up for myself for awhile.

This is basically my entire life, you have to be brave sometimes, sometimes it's like that quote from Civil War, sometimes even when someone is telling you something is right but you know in your heart it's wrong you have to take a stand and say, "no you move" lol everyone knows the quote can't always recite it but you know what I'm saying

• Brohoof 1

Any time I talk about my true interests.

There was also a time at work when I was doing volunteer crowd control duty. I was supposed to link arms with several other cast members to prevent guests from crowding into Adventureland following a popular show. Some people just needed to connect with families so I let them through and told them to say they're going shopping in one of the shops there of anyone tries to stop them, because at Disneyland, NO ONE is going to stop them from spending money. I got a minor reprimand but was proud of myself. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh yeah, several time of my life and decisions I made. It’s a gamble no matter where I go despite of being a cautious person. And you know what?

“Well, it's not too late
Oh, it's not really worth the fight
No one's right
Well, it's time to walk away”