Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you Like Lego, and do you collect Lego?

Evan_1

(edited)

There's about 50 pounds of it a foot to my right, in about 4 different stages of being sorted.

Using averages of 6 different broad families of piece types (bricks, plates, slopes, large pieces, technic, minifigs/flora/fauna) weighed and approximated by mass, I have about 12 000 pieces. This is not including several sets I have on my shelf which are already assembled, and the Technic Mobile Crane II which was jointly bought by my two brothers and I, which has about 2800 pieces.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

I was a Lego maniac as a kid.  To paint the picture for you, my dad built some custom shelving units covering an entire wall of my room just to give me space to display my Lego setups.  I had all the bigs ones: the Enchanted Island, the Night Lord's Castle, the Deep Freeze Defender.  But my pride and joy was the Monorail Transport Base.  Anyone remember that thing?  It was actually powered, and would run around the big track.  The most expensive Lego set ever made, at the time, that is.  No idea what they have today.  But seriously, Legos are so damned expensive, aren't they?  Probably the most expensive toys in existence, relatively speaking.  It's ridiculous, if you ask me.  It's like a $1.25 a brick.

Anyway, time changes things.  I grew out of it, and just didn't have any desire to keep taking up my whole room with that stuff.  I garage saled all but a few pieces, a little ship with a few of my favorite figures I kept for sentimental value.  The shelves came down and paved the way for the desk and computer setup.  There are times when I wish I had kept all those Legos.  You know, in a box somewhere.  They sure are fun to play with, and I have a friend who was, and still is, a Lego afficionado.  I've gone over to his house, (now, as an adult), and spent a few hours building Legos with him.  It's a nostalgic and carefree blast from the past.  I sometimes wish I had all those sets of mine again, so I could bring them to his house and build some crazy crap.  But it's really too much, and I don't have room for that stuff anymore.  And when I remember the pure, ecstatic excitement of the little boy whose dad bought him thousands and thousands of dollars worth of Legos at our garage sale for...like, a hundred bucks or something (I forget), I know it was worth it.

I love Lego, but it's just not as creatively inspiring as it used to be. Now it comes as a set, and gives you instructions. You don't just build whatever you can think of, it tells you what to build.... I think that slightly defeats the object of Lego... But I'd very much like to start collecting Lego Ninjago stuff, for the sake of my Masters of Spinjitzu obsession.

ZANE IS BEST NINJA :love: <3

Not anymore, but I used to be obsessed with the stuff. I mainly collected official licensed sets like Star Wars or Harry Potter. My most prized piece was my 1400 piece Star Destroyer <3

Now they're all in a box broken in pieces :lol: Ah, nostalgia

Yes, I also love Lego, and I have WAY too much of it.  I have sets that I haven't even assembled.  Some of those I bought primarily for the minifigures, but mostly I'm just out of places to put things.

I do like Lego, but I do not collect them :). I do have some boxes of them in the garage since I don't use them for my entertainment anymore ^w^

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I have a better question... Did you know about Lego before the Lego movies/games came out?

Spoiler

I played with Lego as a child, long before any movies/games existed

I'm indifferent toward them but I do admire the building part and making something out of it. Overall too expensive/overpriced to even care about it. Oh and also, I despite Lego's movies.

I'm currently watching "Lego's Master" and fairly interested in that. But still not enough to care about Legos. But man, I hate these two judges. Both are snobbish and lack of creativity. And they expect the constants to be creative? pfft. 

I like Lego, but I don't collect much. I do get Lego sets every now and then usually as presents, which I like to build. Once I finish a set, I usually never touch or rebuild it.

• Brohoof 2