Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you think of the MLP remixed album?

SunsetShimmerlover

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I enjoy it a lot. In fact, I wish some of these songs would get played on Ponyvile Live stations sometimes, because, while there are some kickass fan-made remixes that get circulated around, there is also no shortage of tasteless, repetitive dubstep remixes of every damn show song that find their way into the radio playlists.

I like the songs on FiM Remixed because they exhibit some professional-grade production value and some real innovation insofar as restructuring some classic songs that usually get the same treatment by remixers across the board. Pony remixes aren't new, but I found the album to be a fresh and exciting take on some of my favorite songs from the show. The "Winter Wrap-Up" remix was the first I heard from the album and I thought it was fabulous the first time I heard it. And you know what? It still is. I think the first "Love is in Bloom" remix that appears on the album is my favorite remix of that song, and I appreciate the new spin on "The Smile Song", since it actually gave that number a different tone than other remixes of the same song have.

The remixes on FiM Remixed are great, and they are worthy of coexisting in the large body of fan music alongside other awesome ones from Tombstone, Sim Gretina, Eurobeat Brony, Aftermath, et al.

The album is really good, but after the remix of "This Day Aria", I think the album goes on a little too long. My biggest complaint is that it has two of the same songs remixed twice, and, while those are good in their own right, it's a slight redundancy to have multiple remixes on the same album when Ingram probably could have picked the better of each one and shelved the other. I would prefer if the second "Becoming Popular" and "Love is in Bloom" were replaced with a rockin remix of "Ballad of the Crystal Empire", and maybe an even more touching rendition of "A True, True Friend" than we've seen before.

When remixing is approached from an angle of either deconstruction or overhaul, as is the case with some of the songs from FiM Remixed, the results are typically novel and inventive. Variety is the spice of life, and I'm glad that this album exists to prove such novelty can hold up with the classics. I like it.

Oh, and I like head bangin' too, and these songs are some bangin' head bangin' tunes!

Edited by On-Locoweed