Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -OOC- (Never closed)

J.R.

We should wait for the GMs to say if more than 1 fight is allowed. IIRC it's one fight on the side while being in SOL, but CMIIW guys.

I don't think she would be considered Op as #4 so without the armor would be best. As for mark progression, you might be better off scrapping that exact progression. Mom would offer her upgrades and maintenance over time.

We should wait for the GMs to say if more than 1 fight is allowed. IIRC it's one fight on the side while being in SOL, but CMIIW guys.

I don't think she would be considered Op as #4 so without the armor would be best. As for mark progression, you might be better off scrapping that exact progression. Mom would offer her upgrades and maintenance over time.

How about we do both? 5 & 6 exist, but depending on their succsess in the arena, mom can offer to work from Mk.4 on and build her something better.

I'm ok with that, but considering how much she had to be dialed down for initial entry at #7 down to #4 and we're not THAT far in the future yet, you might need to fork her story a bit to account for Bangcolt and varying powerlevels in a close to present setting. 5 and 6 might be too far into the future to be viable against anyone but the princesses and Leks in her armor.

Edited by bronislav84

I'm ok with that, but considering how much she had to be dialed down for initial entry at #6 down to #4 and we're not THAT far in the future yet, you might need to fork her story a bit to account for Bangcolt and varying powerlevels in a close to present setting. 5 and 6 might be too far into the future to be viable against anyone but the princesses and Leks in her armor.

Yeah, i'm plannngn on scaling down Mk.7 to more realistic expectations. Things like quantum singularity cores, particle fusion cannons are too far future. Maybe I shoudl list the Mk.5 & 6 and you can determine if they're too far future.

Sure but my word isn't final and I'm just trying to help out the GMs a bit. So let's have it, but I feel you'd be best off with starting with the #4 and then Leks giving Luster new Magitek-based forms from there. Ones with no strings attached. It would be a nice way to kinda "get to her" before the whole destroy all humans thing sets in too deep like we got going on in Mequestria.

Sure but my word isn't final and I'm just trying to help out the GMs a bit. So let's have it, but I feel you'd be best off with starting with the #4 and then Leks giving Luster new Magitek-based forms from there. Ones with no strings attached. It would be a nice way to kinda "get to her" before the whole destroy all humans thing sets in too deep like we got going on in Mequestria.

So, Mk. 5 is Luster realizing that while Mk.4 can fight, it wasn't built for that purpose. So she goes all out war machine on it. 8ft tall. Very bulky, blocky look (80's decepticon). Inch and a half thick tungsten plate. 1x20 mm cannon. 1x gatling gun. 1x .50 cal machine gun. Dual anti-tank shot guns. 8x armor piercing RPGs. 60x micro missles. She basically built herself a tank. Plenty of firepower & defense. But sacrifced speed & manuveribiltiy. Only drives at 35 mph. Walks at 5 mph. Clumsy & unwildy. Closets thing it has to flight are short rocket assisted jumps. If it falls to it's side or it's back, it'll take a while to get back up. Also, it'll sink in soft soil or water. So, it's pretty much a pony shaped cross between & APC & an At-At walker. Thick defense & firepower, but very slow & clumsy.

Mk.6 is where her attemtps at beign an edgy bad ass come in. Looks more like one fo the zoids robots. A giant mecha pony w/ claws, fangs and spikes alogn it's back.  12 feet tall. 1.5 inch thick tungsten plate over key area's like forehooves/legs, upper arms/legs back, chest, head, Same weapons. A flamethrower in the mouth. Drill in one hoof. Demosaw in the other. Can run at 35 mph. Drive at 85. If the Mk.5 was built for ranged combat, Mk.6 is for chargign front lines and tearign down defenses. Unfortunatley, while much more agile, it's still clumsy. And the sacrifice of armor for speed has left all it's joints vulnurable and the insides of the arms and legs only lightly armored.

Both forms are still unshileded to magic, flight incapable, and not as fast as most earth ponies

Personally, except for the size being outlandish I'm not really seeing a huge problem. Balanced by speed being crap, but there's still a bit many armaments. The armaments might be too much for most characters though and don't be surprised if you get told to tone it down or can't use it at all. You'd be better off staying in a pony form and upgrading from that.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

Can I use my OC Nameless Blossom? Please also keep in mind school started so I won't always be able to respond.

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/nameless-blossom-r9623

No. You may not. 

Besides the potentially cool character asset which is the tail, this OC does not stand out... well, in no way positive. 

I'll summarize this as quick as possible, as I'm very busy, and I see no one has answered. 

Despite having the potential this OC is super bland. Boring. Basic. Whatever you want to call it, it's not even remotely interesting because the personality and backstory are so vague and vanilla. The most you put was "in specific" and thereafter you didn't put anything specific. "Gets upset" is not very specific. This thing has less personality than Vanessa Hudgens has height. And if you don't know what I mean by that, here's a different analogy, it's as flavorless as cardboard. 

Now, to continue on, what information you put is not only boring, but super obvious. "She's pretty friendly to everypony until somepony does something bad to her." Isn't everyone? "She is very stubborn when it comes to what she thinks is right?" Ditto. "She also, despite her calm nature, can get violent when angered." Okay, honestly, what... these aren't character traits, these are instincts instilled in by God himself. Does not everyone get slightly more aggessive or reclusive when upset? What you should do is try and create traits that are indiviual, and unique to your character. Read Ice Blizzard or any of Corona's profile's. Matter of fact, read any OC's personality that is in here, and you'll see what is a good example. Hell, steal some and make it yours. It's okay, as long as you know what you're doing. 

Next, I want to talk about the writing. Your writing is near incomprehensible. And one of the rules to roleplaying is you must use presentable grammar. I would not consider that grammar. I'd consider that a valiant attempt, but nevertheless, it isn't grammar. If you want a chance to be accepted, you must--at the minimum--use complete, coherent, basically punctuated and capitalized sentences. I'm not saying you have to know comma splices, or hell even spell correctly, for a month we had someone in here use text talk and put "u" for "you" and "2" for "two." 

So until you can improve upon your grammar and sentence structure, I wouldn't apply again, because the answer is no. And I believe you can improve, truly, because you used completely proper grammar when you asked if you could join. But on the character profile that vanished quicker than a... uh... crap, that's racist... um, Michael Jordan around a defender. Now only slightly racist. So, I do believe you can improve, and reapply and get accepted. But first thing's first, fix the grammar. Second thing, improve the character profile. As it currently stands, I give it a 1.5/10. I will not lie, it's one of the worst I've seen for the reason being there was no character and from what character there was, it was either generic instinctual crap or so unoriginal and stereotypical I was mentally listing where else I've seen these characters. 

Simply put, or tl;dr. No. You weren't accepted. And you have a lot to improve on before you should reapply. 

Edited by Tacoma
  • Brohoof 1

@@Tacoma

I'm not going to say I disagree with your ultimate judgement of the character, but don't you think you could have put it in a more constructive manner?  Ginger's only 14 (At least, according to her profile), and I doubt very many people in this thread had the skills to develop a rich, diverse character at her age.

Once more, I agree with you denying her character, but perhaps you might be willing to rephrase your reasoning in a way that might not make her never want to create another OC again?

• Brohoof 1

@@Tacoma

I'm not going to say I disagree with your ultimate judgement of the character, but don't you think you could have put it in a more constructive manner?  Ginger's only 14 (At least, according to her profile), and I doubt very many people in this thread had the skills to develop a rich, diverse character at her age.

Once more, I agree with you denying her character, but perhaps you might be willing to rephrase your reasoning in a way that might not make her never want to create another OC again?

I can. But I will ask. How old do you think I am?

I choose not to assume.

Well. I'm not much older than her. I'll say that. So... if she requests for me to coddle, I shall, but I've recieved harsher... and I'm not much older, plus the critcisms I've recieved weren't near as kind. So... I don't see this as something "too harsh." That's just the way I see it. I'm practically her age, so I'd assume similar realms of maturity. I can change it. But, unfortunately, not to sound rude, but I can't be bothered to, now. I have a life, and all I can say, is I encourage her to make another. I encourage her to reapply. And I think she can improve if she tries. I was once there. I'm now where I am, and I'm still not very good. I believe in her so... not much else I can add. It's a rejection letter, not a letter of encouragement. I do not have the time. My apologies, and to Ginger as well if I came across as overtly hard. 

Well. I'm not much older than her. I'll say that. So... if she requests for me to coddle, I shall, but I've recieved harsher... and I'm not much older, plus the critcisms I've recieved weren't near as kind. So... I don't see this as something "too harsh." That's just the way I see it. I'm practically her age, so I'd assume similar realms of maturity. I can change it. But, unfortunately, not to sound rude, but I can't be bothered to, now. I have a life, and all I can say, is I encourage her to make another. I encourage her to reapply. And I think she can improve if she tries. I was once there. I'm now where I am, and I'm still not very good. I believe in her so... not much else I can add. It's a rejection letter, not a letter of encouragement. I do not have the time. My apologies, and to Ginger as well if I came across as overtly hard. 

I'm sorry that you went through that, but my point still stands.

It's not about coddling, it's about encouragement.  People don't grow from having their ideas ground into the dirt.  She's an aspiring writer and artist, and sure, as an artist, you should learn to take criticism, but there's a difference between constructive and destructive criticism.  The former will give an artist the information they need to perfect their skills, while keeping them interested.  The former, on the other hand, gives them nothing to work with and simply instills the idea that their idea is worthless.

Just because you experienced similar or worse doesn't mean it's right to do the same thing to someone else.  People have different experiences, and not everyone has a thick skin like you.

I'd be impressed if she wasn't shattered after reading what you wrote.  I'd ask you to actually take the time to mention her in an apology with added constructive criticism that's of use to her, but it's apparent you really don't care.

It's a rejection letter, not a letter of encouragement.  I do not have the time.

And yet you had the time to write out a multi-paragraph essay on why her OC is the worst thing you've ever seen.  Disgusting.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry that you went through that, but my point still stands.

It's not about coddling, it's about encouragement.  People don't grow from having their ideas ground into the dirt.  She's an aspiring writer and artist, and sure, as an artist, you should learn to take criticism, but there's a difference between constructive and destructive criticism.  The former will give an artist the information they need to perfect their skills, while keeping them interested.  The former, on the other hand, gives them nothing to work with and simply instills the idea that their idea is worthless.

Just because you experienced similar or worse doesn't mean it's right to do the same thing to someone else.  People have different experiences, and not everyone has a thick skin like you.

I'd be impressed if she wasn't shattered after reading what you wrote.  I'd ask you to actually take the time to mention her in an apology with added constructive criticism that's of use to her, but it's apparent you really don't care.

And yet you had the time to write out a multi-paragraph essay on why her OC is the worst thing you've ever seen.  Disgusting.

Am I in the wrong? Yes. Am I wrong? No. Am I issuing an apology? Yeah. Via PM. If you didn't know... so check your facts. Is it destructive criticism? No. Is it blunt and tactless and uncharacterisitc of me? Yes. Do I have a reason for acting like this? Yeah sure. Does it really matter? No. I'm in the wrong. I know. No excuse could possibly warrant my behavior. Despite how shitty my most recent online experiences have been? Do you, however, despite being right, need to mind you own business? Nah. You have my respect, and I thank you for calling me out on this. Are you in some regards wrong? Yeah. I think my letter isn't too harsh. I think you're kind of soft, but nevertheless, it's not my job to think about what I think or feel, it's about others, which is what I should have done in the first place, versus letting recent experiences influence my decisions. So, thanks. I don't fully agree with you, but you're, for the most part. Right. Am I disgusting? You fill in the blank. I'd think so, or at the very leat, right now, I am.