Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone Notice Tara Strong Is Very Political?

GXPBlast

Although I love Tara and have met her personally and bronycon, she is loosing her mind and re tweeting petitions and other tweets inciting violence in form of the riots going on. It really concerns me that she represents Twilight the princess of friendship. She literally has a closed mind so far and refuses to give Trump a chance. She even retweeted a picture of Canada taking over California, Washington and Oregon. I mean if she really is scared  and does not like Trump at all, she has duel citizenship and can just move back to Canada easily with her family. Its one thing to not approve of the election but as a public figure representing children and the princess of friendship that she voices, re tweeting tweets and calling Trump supporters all racist fascists is kind of scary coming from her.

Just because she is a VA does not mean she is Twilight nor meant to be seen as Twilight, although it is true teens may look up to her so she shares some of that responsibility, who is going to tell her she is wrong in a way she would tolerate it when the majority of people have difficulty even considering something they think is wrong?

Let's hope she doesn't; I wouldn't want FiM to end because of an election like this!  Hasn't the election already done enough damage without that being piled on top of it all?

Dang...when people get scared, they'll do things that would be monstrous otherwise...

FIM wont end, and most of the VA's live in Canada. Tara moving back to Canada wont stop her voice acting just like most of the other VA's in the show. Most of the VAs work at the office in Canada while Tara has to record it at home and have the files sent over to the office in Canada for editing and integration.

Edited by GXPBlast

(edited)

She really is having problems with many of her fans who are trump supporters. Also she is still complaining on twitter about him almost daily.Capture.jpg

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

After all the recent celebrity deaths we've been having Tara Strong liked a tweet from Charlie Sheen saying that he wants Trump to die next. 

Wishing death on someone just because you disagree with them? Tara's free to have her politcal opinions, but she's over stepped the line here. Yes, Trump says some crazy things, but he doesn't deserve death because of it. 

I hate to say it, but even though I love Tara Strong as a voice actor, I think her real personality is starting to shine through after this election. She've said in interviews that she's a loving, tolerant and understand person. But her tweets/retweets over the last few weeks suggest otherwise. 

And she complains  about getting death threats on Twitter, and now she's wishing death on Trump? That's very hypocritical. 

Edited by Phill
  • Brohoof 7

Having a public political position alienates about a third of your fans regardless of what position you have.  In essence people are split between invested enough on one side or the other to take some offense at a strongly stated position on the other side, and people who aren't invested.  If you are considering a career as an actor, or even something like a doctor, it is best to keep one's political position to one's self regardless of side.

Fantastically said!

>inb4 "ppl are allowed to have whatever view they want and express it however they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

And this isn't the first time Charlie Sheen has spouted out death threats. You'd think he'd learn, especially now considering he just threatened the president elect.

I don't see any evidence of Tara's retweet but it's now something DHX needs to take a look at. No matter your political opinion, that could land her in serious trouble.

Edited by Yoshi89

I have gotten a bit tired of the ultra-political stuff on her Twitter, but I guess that's just cuz there are bits that I really don't agree with. She's a bit of an SJW in my eyes... wishing death upon anybody is hypocrisy when you claim to stand against hate.

Note: I did not vote for Trump. Nor did I support Hillary. I really would not wholeheartedly trust either one of them as president of the United States. But this... is getting out of hand. I can't stand the divisiveness. Sorry Tara Strong, but I think you are just adding fuel to the fire and alienating a good portion of your fan base.

• Brohoof 5

And this isn't the first time Charlie Sheen has spouted out death threats. You'd think he'd learn, especially now considering he just threatened the president elect.

I don't see any evidence of Tara's retweet but it's now something DHX needs to take a look at. No matter your political opinion, that could land her in serious trouble.

Made a mistake. She didn't retweet Charlie Sheen, but she did like his tweet. 

Edited by Phill

This is what I've noticed from Tara's twitter the last few weeks 

Step 1 - Tara goes on a twitter rampage calling Trump supports racists, sexists, and bigots

Step 2 - People call Tara out on what she's doing 

Step 3 - Tara plays the victim and says she's being harrassed. 

• Brohoof 10

This is what I've noticed from Tara's twitter the last few weeks 

Step 1 - Tara goes on a twitter rampage calling Trump supports racists, sexists, and bigots

Step 2 - People call Tara out on what she's doing 

Step 3 - Tara plays the victim and says she's being harrassed. 

As I stated before, I'm no Trump supporter, but I know better than to call her out directly on Twitter. Out of all the main cast, she's the most outspoken and......... whiny.

• Brohoof 2

As I stated before, I'm no Trump supporter, but I know better than to call her out directly on Twitter. Out of all the main cast, she's the most outspoken and......... whiny.

I haven't called her out, cause I'm afraid I'll get blocked. And I hate getting into political debates anyway. 

Edited by Phill
  • Brohoof 3

A friendly reminder: please do not hijack this thread to start arguing about the recent US election and its candidates. There are plenty of other threads around here (especially in the Debate Pit) which should satisfy that need.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 4

I do like Tara Strong as a VA and as a person and I would not judge her negatively on her political views. I dont think that is right with any person in fact. However, I notice she does politicize her twitter alot especially on controversial subjects.

Now I know celebrities can be political, but Tara never seemed to be that type of person compared to typical Hollywood actors.

But looking at her previous history, she does seem to focus on certain issues alot and surprisingly gets into arguments with her fans on those subjects.

Many of her fans from what I notice tend to disagree with her on particular issues.

Anyone notice this about Tara and what do you think of her being very political on her twitter page?

Compared to the other VA's on the show, she seems to be the most vocal at least publicly when it comes to politics which can be both a good thing and a bad thing.

I don't see the big deal. She has her own ideas and opinions just like everyone else. And in a free society she is allowed o voice them. I don't think it's good that she argues with fans, but what celebrity hasn't unknowingly or knowingly insulted there fans. Besides if it was really a problem Hasbro would have told her to stop. If she was saying divisive things and Hasbro thought they might loose bussinus they'd troll her to stop. And I'm pretty sure Tara Strong likes making money. So if it came down to her paycheck and political views I think she'd choose her pay check.

• 1 month later...

If people think Tara Strong is too whiny, then John Dimaggio (Voice of Bender on Futurama) is even worse. About 90-95% of his tweets are just him having a temper tantrum over Trump. He's someone who really needs to put on his big boy pants, and grow up. 

Although I love Tara and have met her personally and bronycon, she is loosing her mind and re tweeting petitions and other tweets inciting violence in form of the riots going on. It really concerns me that she represents Twilight the princess of friendship. She literally has a closed mind so far and refuses to give Trump a chance. She even retweeted a picture of Canada taking over California, Washington and Oregon. I mean if she really is scared  and does not like Trump at all, she has duel citizenship and can just move back to Canada easily with her family. Its one thing to not approve of the election but as a public figure representing children and the princess of friendship that she voices, re tweeting tweets and calling Trump supporters all racist fascists is kind of scary coming from her.

The Princess of Friendship would never stand behind an evil tyrant like Trump. If anything, he would be the villain in the show that the Mane 6 would have to defeat with friendship. :P  Raaawwwrrr, I'm Trump! Raaawwrrrr!  :lol:

Her position of influence gives her great power to speak her mind. No matter your position of power, you should always be free to speak your opinion and fight for what's right. And if you're well known, then the burden of preaching what is right is even more important. Not doing so would be kind of a waste of opportunity.

If I were a celebrity, I would be using every ounce of my influence to persuade my fanbase to support environmental causes like climate change, wilderness protection & public lands, and clean air and water. If I didn't, I would be guilty of not using my "power" for good. What you define as "good" is up to them, not you or anyone else. It just so happens that most celebrities, scientists, citizens, and leaders are anti-Trump. 

Edited by ElementalFluttershee
  • Brohoof 1

only when i get some twitter updates through e-mail, i hardly ever check twitter itself.
as much as i care very little for politics, i completely support her anti-Trump thingys, mainly because, from an outside view, it seems even a drunk norwegian could do a better job than him.
and she's free to block anyone she likes, not everyone wants to have followers who argues over every little thing.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/21/2017 at 4:13 AM, ElementalFluttershee said:

It just so happens that most {...} citizens, {...} are anti-Trump. 

Do keep in mind that the only tipping-point against his Popular vote was California -- i.e., the Liberal capital.

The majority of the Electoral map -- i.e., a reflection of the dominant mindsets -- was red.

Edited by The Artist Formerly Known As A.V.

Do keep in mind that the only tipping-point against his popular vote was California -- i.e., the Liberal capital.

The majority of the Electoral map -- i.e., a reflection of the dominant mindsets -- was red.

A Californian's vote is no less important than an Alaskan's vote. Every person is an American here. 

By that mindset, we should exclude Texas and the southern states, because they always vote red. The "red" capitol.

I'm from Oregon, btw.

Edited by ElementalFluttershee

A Californian's vote is no less important than an Alaskan's vote. Every person is an American here. 

By that mindset, we should exclude Texas and the southern states, because they always vote red. The "red" capitol.

I'm from Oregon, btw.

I'm not saying anyone's votes should be discarded (sans the illegal ones, of course); I'm just correcting you on that whole "most citizens = anti-Trump" thing (when it should really be "most mainstream-media people = anti-Trump").

Edited by A.V.

Do keep in mind that the only tipping-point against his popular vote was California -- i.e., the Liberal capital.

It's pretty obvious that the Electoral College doesn't represent the population's beliefs, not just because of the popular vote, but because Trump has the lowest approval rating of any president entering office, and shows no sign of improving any time soon

• Brohoof 2