Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will Hasbro do?

TubeSock2018

ADMINISTRATIVE CONTENT EDIT:

When looking at the competitive landscape in the mass marketed retail toy sector, it starts to become obvious that success creates copycats looking to take a pie of that market share pie that investors find oh so appetizing.

However when this cycle happens ... it can lead to some bizarre oneupmanship. Case in point Mattel vs Hasbro. Monster High helped inspire EqG, and it looks like Ponies in general are influencing Monster High. Is this good for both these properties?

What next?

sig-4205954.DaisyDreams_200_M_unknown.jp

sig-4205954.k2-_9393e161-b333-4b65-b3b9-

sig-4205954.My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Gir

sig-4205954.29327209_AeryEvenfalldoll.jp

sig-4205954.giphy.gif

I'm scared... I can only imagine how Hasbro would respond.

sig-4205954.8hoUBro.jpg

sig-4205954.Homer-Simpson-Screaming.gif

• Brohoof 5

Oh wow... I never really noticed the common traits that, that particular Monster High Doll has to the EG dolls. BUT I don't think that the Monster High doll was entirely inspired by the EG dolls. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed the similarities between the Monster High dolls and the EG dolls, but I'm pretty sure Monster High was debuted before EG. I don't think EG inspired Monster High in any way. In my opinion, it's the other way around.

But anyway, this definitely made me laugh.

• Brohoof 1

It looks like they might be trying to move out of monster high's shadow now that they've managed to steal a good portion of its fanbase and have establishes themselves. As such, I expect more show accurate toys like the chibi ones we've got coming down the pipe.

Heck, look at the new ponies coming out; they have articulation since they've come to realize that fans like to Play with the ponies instead of just brushing their hair.

• 1 month later...

When looking at the competitive landscape in the mass marketed retail toy sector, it starts to become obvious that success creates copycats looking to take a pie of that market share pie that investors find oh so appetizing.

sig-4205954.sig-4205954.8hoUBro.jpg

sig-4205954.sig-4205954.Homer-Simpson-Sc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbcMVVs4XDM

Holy shit, that was like, hilarious  :lol:

Well, I dunno if Mattel's attempting a fire with fire, or that's just another take of their supernatural theme  

HAHAHA!! So you guys finally saw the centaur girls, eh? XD

Yeah I was unpacking those bad boys at work a couple months ago and was like, "Oh... horse girls, eh? With marks on their bums no less. XD"

I actually think the idea of a centaur toy to be REALLY cool. They've always been one of my favorite mythical creatures and I'm surprised they and so many other mythical creatures are passed up in kids media and kids toys lines. It's always dragons, fairies, mermaids, and that's pretty much it. If it weren't for the ugly clothes and strange demon traits, I probably would have loved one as a little girl.

As it stands, I would have wanted one that looked more like this:

tumblr_ml9jsdQfRy1qki7dgo1_500.png

Edited by ShadOBabe

Actually

However when this cycle happens ... it can lead to some bizarre oneupmanship. Case in point Mattel vs Hasbro. Monster High helped inspire EqG, and it looks like Ponies in general are influencing Monster High. Is this good for both these properties?

What next?

sig-4205954.sig-4205954.DaisyDreams_200_
sig-4205954.sig-4205954.k2-_9393e161-b33
sig-4205954.sig-4205954.My-Little-Pony-E
sig-4205954.sig-4205954.29327209_AeryEve
sig-4205954.sig-4205954.giphy.gif

sig-4205954.sig-4205954.8hoUBro.jpg
sig-4205954.sig-4205954.Homer-Simpson-Sc

Actually, I believe it was all because of the mountains upon mountains of Human fan art that the Bronies drew that enticed them to make Equestria Girls which sounds like a whole better possibility than Hasbro taking things from a whole another fanbase made to sell cheap toys like those.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Actually

Actually, I believe it was all because of the mountains upon mountains of Human fan art that the Bronies drew that enticed them to make Equestria Girls which sounds like a whole better possibility than Hasbro taking things from a whole another fanbase made to sell cheap toys like those.

That's what they say, but I don't believe them due to the dolls looking way too similar.

And it's Hasbro. Cartoons being the byproducts of toys is their specialty.

So it makes sense why they would create a movie to go along with the toys rather than creating the movies with fans in mind and than creating toys.

Edited by pollo20x6