Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Creepiest/Scariest game you've ever played

Mike Delta

Okay, so the game that just plain gave me the creeps (in broad daylight I might add) was Slender: The Arrival. Seriously, the music/ambivalent sounds alone had me on edge. Now this was mostly on the Farm level, but there were moments in the rest of the game I found just a tad bit creepy.

So now I ask you all: What game that you've played was the creepiest or scariest?

• Brohoof 1

I would say Silent Hill 3. I had a Demo of it in my childhood and even the Demo scared me very good because it starts you right off, in en empty Amusement Park, with Cages full of strange Bodys, that all have some sort of Black-Red-Orange Fluid moving on them.

That combined with the Fact that the game doesnt tell you anything at the beginning, that the entire world looks like a strange alternative world and that in blood covered Rabbit Costumes are everywhere...yeah, that gave me the creeps.

Oh yeah! And the were horrible Monsters and on a normal difficulty, you didnt have enough Ammo to fight them all.

And all the other Silent Hill Games, come very close after Silent Hill 3 in a list of games, that scared me the most  :lol:

I just love Silent Hill and its strange " Other Worlds " .

Edited by Dune_Rarity
  • Brohoof 2

I would say Silent Hill 3. I had a Demo of it in my childhood and even the Demo scared me very good because it starts you right off, in en empty Amusement Park, with Cages full of strange Bodys, that all have some sort of Black-Red-Orange Fluid moving on them.

That combined with the Fact that the game doesnt tell you anything at the beginning, that the entire world looks like a strange alternative world and that in blood covered Rabbit Costumes are everywhere...yeah, that gave me the creeps.

Oh yeah! And the were horrible Monsters and on a normal difficulty, you didnt have enough Ammo to fight them all.

And all the other Silent Hill Games, come very close after Silent Hill 3 in a list of games, that scared me the most  :lol:

I just love Silent Hill and its strange " Other Worlds " .

I always wanted to play the Silent Hill games, but could never find the first one for my 360. I can't download it on the family computer either, so I'll have to get a PC and try finding it online.

Probably Super Mario 64. I mean, c'mon, everyones faces were so creepy! Especially Peach...

I find this post funny... mostly because I never played Super Mario 64 and am trying to imagine their faces.

I always wanted to play the Silent Hill games, but could never find the first one for my 360. I can't download it on the family computer either, so I'll have to get a PC and try finding it online.

Or you could...i dunno...buy a Playstation 2 for a few Dollars, i mean a used Playstation 2 isnt really that expensive anymore ( at least not in my country ) and then buy most of the Games for that system. Silent Hill 1-4 ( including Silent Hill 2 Directors Cut, also known as Inner Fears ), Origins and Shattered Memories are all available on the system.

Then you would only miss Homecoming, Downpour ( that are both available on 360 ) and Book of Memories which is for the Ps Vita.

• Brohoof 1

Minecraft. No, seriously. This game's caves and night time is scary as hell. It makes me extremely paranoid and I often change from normal to peaceful mode when exploring so I won't die from a heart attack.

• Brohoof 3

Minecraft. No, seriously. This game's caves and night time is scary as hell. It makes me extremely paranoid and I often change from normal to peaceful mode when exploring so I won't die from a heart attack.

Yes, Minecraft is quite scary at times. Just wait till you go to the Nether, there are enemies literally from Hell and they'll scare you.

The original Silent Hill to this day gives me chills. It truly was ahead of its time for the genre as it preyed on your fear of the unknown. That ringing radio when something is nearby is so eerie and I love it. Definitely need to play that again. 

Probably Super Mario 64. I mean, c'mon, everyones faces were so creepy! Especially Peach...

There is also that evil piano in Big Boo's Haunt. .___. I always hated that thing.

• Brohoof 2

While I haven't played Amnesia or Five Nights At Freddy's, I can say that I thought that the playthroughs were pretty scary.

Gonna give it to REmake for me personally. It was able to be an eerie and unnerving game without it's atmosphere being destoryed by the original's legendarily bad VA

Luigi's Mansion. I was a kid and my parents wouldn't buy me a gamecube if that game wasn't in my gaming library. I was mostly scared because of how frightened Luigi acted and appeared.

I've played amnesia too, but it's a different kind of fear I felt from the game.

-Until Dawn had really good paranoia fuel for me, so playing it in alone in the dark after midnight was pretty fun-especially since I desperately wanted to keep everyone-even the characters I hated alive.

-Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 were both really good and creepy for me-unfortunately, I was never able to play the first or fourth ones and most of the games after that were pretty disappointing in the scare factor, so I was livid when I heard Silent Hills had been cancelled.

-Resident Evil 2 (specifically the police station) terrified me as a kid.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have played some games scarier than the one I'm going to say, but I would have to say the classic Slenderman-8 pages. I am saying this is because the scarier horror games that I have played have not had a jumpscare element. I don't really do well with jumpscares, so this is partly why Slenderman was so scary. 

• Brohoof 1

For me it has to be SCP Containment Breach

Though really any scary game for me is the most scariest XD. I'm so paranoid when playing scary games that i'm unable to play them without basically being made too.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...