movies/tv Last show you watched?

ponylaces

FiM because I'm helping a friend get caught up by watching with them. They're three seasons behind and I'm completely alright with that.

Over the Garden Wall. Really good series, and it really fit the season. I'd give it an 8.75/10 as a whole show. A couple of episodes were more lackluster, but in general it was consistently.good as a series. I do have some problems with it, albeit they're so small they're hardly worth mentioning.

Edited by Phil Swift
I've finished it.

58fcd718b2e1f_NerdyLuigisSigII.2.png.fbb45443c27c58836244b7fd6f28b2f6.png

On 10/31/2017 at 0:27 PM, Phil Swift said:

Over the Garden Wall. Really good series, and it really fit the season. I'd give it an 8.75/10 as a whole show. A couple of episodes were more lackluster, but in general it was consistently.good as a series. I do have some problems with it, albeit they're so small they're hardly worth mentioning.

Also last TV I watched, unsurprisingly one of my favorite animation works of all time. Had to spread it over a couple days, but I always freaking love the ending.

I think of it more as a movie than a series. More like the structure of short British tv dramas, perhaps. I'd like it if the states used that model more often for their productions. Gives more weight to passage of time when you have more distinct chapters in a story

• 2 weeks later...

The last show I watched was Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty! Ruh-ick and Morty and their adventures, Morty! Rick and Morty forever and forever, 100 years, Rick and Morty's things! Me and Rick and Morty running around and... Rick and Morty time! All day long, forever... all- a hundred days! Rick and Morty forever a hundred times!

:nom: 

I just started watching the new Punisher series. Watched the first 2 episodes tonight and I'm liking it so far

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move,
your job is to plant yourself like a tree next to the river of truth, and tell the whole world
"No, you move."

Watched the newest Steven Bomb a few days ago which I didn't really care for. I'm glad others were able to enjoy the new episodes but they felt like a major set back to me. Especially "Raising the Barn", which not only felt like a retread, but a retread that will lead into more retreaded plotlines. 

Also watched 2012 TMNT pretty recently, only on Season 3. People say The Loud House is Nick's only good show, but TMNT is pretty fantastic. The action is some of the best i've seen in animation and although the jokes sometimes fall flat, the humor is very likable and enjoyable if that makes any sense. The overall story is pretty interesting too, lots of twists, turns and unexpected developments. 

Been catching up on Marvel's Spider-Man. People say the show is atrocious, but I think it's okay, nothing groundbreaking but certainly not "Marvel's Teen Titans Go" as people call it. The pacing of the show is weird, though. Even though episodes are 22 minutes long, they feel like 4 minute long shorts with the brisk pacing and the way Peter narrates what's going on. Just to give an idea how quick the pacing is, they did the Symbiote arc...at episode 11 and theirs already two Spider-Men (Peter and Miles) by episode 14. The show just needs time to breath, man. Season 1 feels like Season 3 if that makes any sense.

I plan on catching up on Power Rangers Ninja Steel soon since it's on Netflix now. I didn't care for the episodes I caught on Nick before, but I saw room for improvement. Dino Charge was just so good that I hope Ninja Steel followups on that. I need to catch up on Kyuranger, too. 

Edited by Galaxian Darkanine

Head admin and founder of MLPWiki.net. Lover of high adventure!

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the first few episodes of The Good Doctor a little bit ago. Wow. That first episode especially gave me feels. It's a medical drama about an autistic surgeon with savant syndrome overcoming adversity and letting his unique talents blossom in order to change the world for the better.

Edited by Prospekt

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

I watched the last six episodes I had yet to watch of Oshiete! Galko-chan. It was quite a relaxing and pleasant show and the length of the episodes were each conveniently 7 minutes long; I often can't help but get a bit impatient when episodes of shows are 24 minutes long so 7 minutes felt a lot better.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, Ivan The Adorable said:

I've taken up marathoning the new duck tales to stave off the realization that I've finally finished catching up on all of this season of FIM.

Just finished episode 6. It's great! Love the continuity and foreshadowing. Has a very strong trope aware brand of humor without mugging the camera much about it. Character building is a bit sporadic and it oddly seems to have ended up focusing more on the reincarnation of the traditional support character Webby than the uncle and nephew trio at least in these early episodes, but nothing particularly wrong with that.

It's also weird that after a few episodes of listening to him speak I understand Donald Duck speak like normal talking. Brains are interesting

Same here.  It's the first time in a long time I've been legitimately excited to watch something on TV (even my occasional binges of FiM are typically relegated to youtube).

First thing that floored me about the show was finding out that David Tennant (of Doctor Who and Harry Potter fame) now voices Scrooge McDuck.  Funny thing is, he's actually really good.  And if I don't mention it, someone else will.  He wears the red jacket that his original design wears.

I don't mind the fact that the character building is sporadic (it's a series after all; nobody expects it to happen all at once).  In the previous series it was practically non-existent outside of the initial episodes and the characters frequently learning lessons.  I just like the fact that there IS an overarching plot this time, instead of just being a series of stand alone episodes.  I also didn't mind the fact that Webby got a lot of focus in the initial episodes of the series, especially given how her character has changed since the original.  Don't know why people call her a support character though, since she's always been more of a main character, even in the original.

And I LOVE the fact that Huey, Dewey and Louie have different personalities now, do NOT look identical and are even different ages now.  And unlike another 'certain Disney TV show' that shall remain nameless, this time their personalities AREN'T grating and annoying.

One other thing that I found to be surprising is the fact that Donald Duck seems to be more of a main character this time around, instead of a very occasional recurring character like the previous series.  I approve of this, since Donald Duck is one of my favorite Disney characters.

And yes, Launchpad is also there (seriously, how could a DuckTales show NOT have this guy in it?).  However, I haven't seen enough episodes yet to really know if his personality is going to be all that different from the original.

And yes, the theme song is there (it's remade, but it's there).

So far, the show is great.  Honestly if it stays as good as the first few episodes have been, I think that even MLP could be in trouble, because this is one of the few shows that could legitimately compete with it.

Edited by SBaby

A Winner Is You!!!

I watched a few episodes of SEAL Team earlier.

5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Last show I've watched was Death Note, which I had pending to do so for years. Good thing Netflix has it 

Enjoy. They say it's a classic and I couldn't agree more. ;)

L-lawliet-death-note-40069684-500-288.gi

Signature by Kyoshi

26 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I watched a few episodes of SEAL Team earlier.

Enjoy. They say it's a classic and I couldn't agree more. ;)

L-lawliet-death-note-40069684-500-288.gi

Now I just need their main VAs to voice ponies :D

• Brohoof 1

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

15 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Now I just need their main VAs to voice ponies :D

The VAs for Soichiro, Matsuda, and Misa have all voiced ponies. ;) Some might consider them main characters. They aren't exactly Light and L, but they are big parts of the series.

And even though Spike obviously isn't a pony, Cathy Weseluck voices Near, who shows up later on and becomes a major character.

Edited by Prospekt

Signature by Kyoshi

Just finished watching the entire series of Bones, and now will finish up Breaking Bad.

Just started watching the entire red vs blue series. 

I think I may have some personal issues with these choices.

8 hours ago, Prospekt said:

The VAs for Soichiro, Matsuda, and Misa have all voiced ponies. ;) Some might consider them main characters. They aren't exactly Light and L, but they are big parts of the series.

And even though Spike obviously isn't a pony, Cathy Weseluck voices Near, who shows up later on and becomes a major character.

Yeah, we got Starswirl, Flashy, and Silver Spoon, but we also got Fancy Pants (Shuichi Aizawa) and Mr Cake (Riuk), but I'd love having Brad Swaile and Alessandro Juliani as ponies :fluttershy: 

PD: I know Spike ain't pony, but Mayor Mare and Coco Pommel are :D 

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords