Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Last show you watched?

ponylaces

On 2024-04-13 at 2:29 AM, Iforgotmybrain said:

I watched the first episode of the Fallout show. It wasn’t as bad as I was expecting from the trailers we were shown before release. There’s already a lot of moving parts even in the first episode, tons of stuff left unexplained that I’m sure will be touched on in the coming episodes. It definitely gets the Fallout vibe and campiness right. Good mix of goofy shit mixed with darker elements. Even the power armor and BoS seems to have been done well. I’ll applaud them for that, all very easy things to mess up.

I’m really hoping we don’t just end up with a Wild West wasteland in the next episodes considering California is supposed to be one of the most organized areas of civilization in Fallout. If it just ends up being a post-apocalyptic mess which Bethesda seems to love, the Fallout nerd in me will be a lil upset.

Having watched all of the episodes now… I’ll eat crow on all the bad things I said about the show before it came out. I was wrong. It’s seriously really good. I’m not entirely sold on everything they’ve done with the NCR and the surface world lore wise but all the other things they’ve done are so good it almost counteracts that. Not a flawless show by any means but it really does such a good job of adapting the games and all their charm in live action form. I don’t think it could be done any better. Which is such an accomplishment considering how many live action video game adaptions have absolutely bombed. It’s so easy to mess them up.

Not sure how non-fans will feel about it but if you like the Fallout series I really can’t recommend it enough. This is even coming from a New Vegas and 1/2 fanboy if that means anything.

Marathoned BNA. Was pretty good. Being a Gurren Lagann fan and the fact the it's made by the same studio(sorta), a series dedicated to a race of beings called "beastmen" threw me off for a bit.

Wish there was more of it

Rewatched various episode of Ranma 1/2.

Currently watching the new episode Barbie A Touch of Magic.

First episode of the bunch is actually free on YouTube:

No way in hell it’s going to be Velma :yuck:. Anyway, second season of Ninjago Dragons Rising. Definitely not just to hear some horses :oh_golly:

Just watched 10 episodes of Bluey. I'm liking it so far

• Brohoof 1

Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? I've been curious about this for a while so I finally got down to giving it a shot. I recently watched Reincarnated as a Sword, which seems to be a well-done ripoff of this same general idea. I loved that show so now I'm trying Dungeon because it has a LOT of episodes; enough to last for a long time if it can maintain any level of quality. We'll see how it goes. 

1 minute ago, Dagobiscuit said:

Is it Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? I've been curious about this for a while so I finally got down to giving it a shot. I recently watched Reincarnated as a Sword, which seems to be a well-done ripoff of this same general idea. I loved that show so now I'm trying Dungeon because it has a LOT of episodes; enough to last for a long time if it can maintain any level of quality. We'll see how it goes. 

First season of dungeon is okhe.

But if i were you, go for eminence of darkness...

I...AM.... THE ALL RANGE....atomic..

• smile 1

1 minute ago, Evil Pink One said:

First season of dungeon is okhe.

But if i were you, go for eminence of darkness...

I...AM.... THE ALL RANGE....atomic..

I'll check to see if I can get it on Hidive. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Brohoof 1

X-Men ‘97’s latest episode.

Spoiler

They actually did Fatal Attractions!

The final episode of X-Men '97. Easily one of the best revivals and one of the best things Marvel has put out in ages. Can't wait to see what they have in store for season 2

Spoiler

Probably Apocalypse and Feral Wolverine

I’m close to finishing  Justice League Unlimited. That’s a show I can finally scratch off my list :eager:

Rewatched the first season of Smiling Friends. Haven't seen season 2 yet though. I'm waiting for all the episodes to come out.

• Brohoof 1

i've been watching The Boys recently, since i've already caught up on Invincible.  it is a really good show.  like, really really good.  i don't know if i can say much more than that, both due to spoilers and the general events of the show...but i will say, i loved that parody of the one Pepsi commercial.

• Brohoof 2

I've been catching up on seasons 6 & 7 of Boku no Hero Academia. I've been caught up with the manga, but I lost some interest in the series and never felt up to watching the newer seasons.

I'm almost halfway through season 6 right now. This series is infinitely better when it's binged, so I'm actually glad I only got the motivation to keep watching once the full season was out.

Just finished rewatching Part 3 of JoJo. To this day, the ending still makes me tear up a little.

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1