Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Movie comes out November 3, 2017.

CastletonSnob

I thought it would be a late 2017 release. Good thing too as it doesn't interrupt season 6. One problem though. It comes out the same day as the new Thor movie. Hasbro... what are you thinking? They also have to make their money quite quickly as the justice league film comes out later in the same month. 

how is that an issue? The movie is aimed at little GIRLS remember, not 30 year olds that are going to be seeing thor lol.. completely different age market..

just because older people watch the show, doesn't mean that is the demographic they aim it at..

The movie rollout date is absolutely on Friday, November 3rd, 2017 as Hasbro said it on Twitter today! That's after Halloween Day by 3 days and even after I turned 17 on a Friday! :D

Edited by Allen

I think it will be the finale to G4 or maybe even the whole franchise. Probably only the end of G4. A lot of TV shows end with a feature length episode or a movie. I am excited for it but the chances are it will be the last G4 instalment. I'll miss the mane 6, the cutie mark crusaders as well as all of the characters as well. I'm looking forward to G5 but G4 was so good that I don't think it will be as good. Hopefully, Lauren Faust will create it and introduce some good characters and give it the start it needs because it would definitely not be the same without her.

So I was searching for the most recent thread concerning the movie, which seems to be this one, because I had found out something from a great source I wanted to post...

And then I see someone else posted the link, so kudos:

The known plot synopsis already confirmed the Mane Six as the stars.

However, nobody has mentioned what caught my eye in the text from that source...

From the above source that @immblueversion linked:

"We are thrilled to expand the MY LITTLE PONY story to the big screen, and take these beloved characters on a new and unexpected journey that will delight fans of all ages," said Stephen Davis, Chief Content Officer, Hasbro, Inc. "It's an honor to add Kristin Chenoweth to the cast as the voice of an all new, never-before-seen MY LITTLE PONY character in the film. Her incredible Broadway and silver screen performances in "Wicked," "Glee," and many more make her the perfect fit for this animated, musical adventure."

Now, yes, in a neutral mindset, the usage of that word doesn't bare any significance...

However, I think it does.  I think Stephen Davis purposely crafted what he said to give a subtle implication that the movie is not going to be the end of show.

Speculate as you may.

~ Miles 

• Brohoof 1

I see so many people saying that this falls in perfectly with Season 6 starting April 2016 and ending November 2016. However, most people seem to be forgetting that John de Lancie hinted that the next hiatus MAY be close to a year long. This places the beginning of Season 6 sometime during fall 2016. This means it would be airing on a fall schedule so not April 2016 to November 2016 more like October-November 2016 to May 2017. I actually think that fits in better with the November 3rd release date of the movie.

Consider this. If there is a season 7 and MLP stays on a fall schedule then that means that this may come out around the beginning of season 7 making it all the more better.  

Edited by Zantetsuken

how is that an issue? The movie is aimed at little GIRLS remember, not 30 year olds that are going to be seeing thor lol.. completely different age market..

just because older people watch the show, doesn't mean that is the demographic they aim it at..

Parents are more likely to want to see the Marvel movie as they may not even bother with the show and think that Marvel movies are better. Marvel movies can easily be watched by kids as they aren't that bad in terms of violence and language. 

Pretty likely.

Although if it will be in the same year the movie is released. It will probably have about 13 episodes. Like season 3.

I still think the show will end on the sixth season.

But If they were going to consider continuing on after the movie, I could see them ordering a half season to kind of half commit to continuing the show so there wouldn't be a giant hiatus after the movie while they decide whether or not to continue the show based on movie sales.

So this is a couple months after I turn 18. The one thing I'm curious about is whether or not they'll give this film a midnight release. On the one hand (or hoof), kids who wouldn't be allowed to go at midnight are among the target audience, but on the flip side, they know plenty of bronies will go see the movie, so they may make that decision (Star Wars had midnight releases, even though at one point George Lucas claimed the movies were for kids in response to criticism). If they do release it at midnight, I'd probably go. If not, I'll just see it the day it comes out, since my state has school off around that time.

• Brohoof 1

Btw, I REALLY hope they try and get Jack Black for this or at least some more famous names as guest stars! We can't just go off of some chick from Glee.

She starred in Wicked alongside Idina Menzel.

Edited by immblueversion
  • Brohoof 1

As far as coming out on the same day as Thor, that may be a concern, but I'm going to watch the MLP movie instead. As much as I like Marvel, the Thor movies have been my least favorite movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They just don't really interest me, I don't even remember anything from the second Thor movie.