Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Terror on the Rise

Crecious

With the horrible events of the Paris shootings now almost a week ago, there have been several other attacks, in Africa and threats against other European countries. Including the bombing of the Russian airliner weeks ago. ISIS had claimed responsibility. 

In addition on CNN today (I don't think they are the gospel truth or anything just easy to find) Earlier in the week, two planes going to France were diverted to Halifax. Then it appears yesterday was struck by another bomb threat on board a flight from NY to Turkey...

It too was diverted to Halifax. 

I realize that this is a serious problem, and I understand that we, as Western nations need to stand up to this. I still don't believe a war is the right way. But this is getting out of control, completely and utterly. 

And I'm going to be flying here in about a month and a half. The thought that a bomb, may or may not be on a plane, is a very scary one. Terrifying in fact.

Threatening air travel is threatening the life blood of our industries. Within hours, supplies, tourists, and others, can arrive in a location. Replenishing counties assets. 

Even a threat, such as the ones recently, derail flights, add time to potentially necessary assets. Now, if they manage to do this frequently, this could damage our economy worse than it already is.

And made travel, for mail, supplies or leisure far more infrequent.

I don't know what I'm doing anymore, all I know is I'm scared, and I don't know what the right answer is anymore.

• Brohoof 1

I wrote this on my facebook wall the other day in reference to this topic - I am a spiritual leader, hopefully it will help put things in a different perspective:

I see religious extremism as simply an intentional distraction to human spiritual evolution, to focus on hate instead of love, at a crucial time of awakening in humanity's history.

The goal is to keep people hating and divided, so that they focus on the external problem, and not the internal problem - their own personal evolution - arising from their own issues. This war is an external manifestation of the internal hate in humanity.

Divide and conquer - hate should not be what unites us, but a desire to provide a spiritual solution. The extremists have an edge because they are religiously focused and feel religiously justified to bring about Armageddon through bloodshed and conversion. We are only united in our hatred to eradicate them.

This will not work, because you cannot fight against an ideology with violence, that only encourages it. In addition violence in an area destabilizes regions around it, which the virus of extremism then preys upon to increase their numbers, so while you are fighting them on one front they are converting locals to their army on several other fronts.

-----

there are ancient texts on war, esp. in asia that state that if you can convince an army that their cause is not just that they are fighting for, and that yours is, that you can defeat an enemy simply by disintegrating their army into yours.

You cannot win a war where religion competes for space with civil law. If you fear causing war over angering ones religious rights by standing up for what YOU believe by not giving in to what THEY believe then you have already lost.

This is why groups allowing refugees in are learning the truth - if a people are in an area long enough and brainwashed by its ideals - even if they are suffering and fleeing, when they are welcomed into another country they will take those twisted ideologies with them, and try to convert the country, and use violence if necessary.

Nomadic tribes who have honour based systems and clans do not think like democrats. Their status is earned religiously, not just given out. They see our customs as infidelic, and can use any manner of scriptures to justify their actions, even if another scripture contradicts it or is questionable in its validity. War breeds citizens willing to antagonize and be converted to soldiers, and criminals eager to commit violence for a cause, any cause, even one they don't originally adhere to.

-----

Half of the problem here is that we do not understand how the enemy thinks - the other half is hubris. These people have survived for thousands of years on their own systems of nomadic governance, and we as outsiders are barreling in guns a blazing on a crusade basically to convert these people to democracy, thinking it is better for them, when in reality it has had questionable results even for the "civilized" world. And that is the other problem - the outside world sees these people as barbaric.

This is not a war on terror - this is a war of hate. And that is a war that people in the shadows want to keep going, because the more you hate, the less focused you are of changing the world into somewhere that is actually stable and based on spiritual principles.

I read up on these events to educate myself - but I do not hate these people. Justice and good and bad are all a matter of perspective - if someone comes in and bombs my home I am going to think they are evil, no matter what justifiable guise they wear, and no matter who struck first.

-----

The solution here is spiritual. People need to work with local tribes to get them to fight back against these groups in the ways that have kept their culture going for thousands of years. They were able to deal with things before we stuck our noses in the way. When someone commits violence you punish the people, you do not react with hate. A reaction from hate is like poking an infected wound - the hatred has to already be there, deeply ingrained, for such a hateful reaction to occur.

We have turned into an intolerant planet - fed hate by the media. Religions who all follow the same god destroy each other over things written in books. If I wrote a book that told people to kill people and someone claimed it was their religious right to follow my words, I would be executed as a cult terrorist leader and all those people would be put in jail.

It's time to stop playing the pc coward. Religion abolished paganism under threat of death, stop allowing such practices with questionable violent intents to allow to be practiced. It is not religious freedom if the texts state to kill for ANY reason - those are not religions - those are dogmatic texts of violence and terror.

-----

You can ban a book. You can outlaw a religion to be practiced. If a christian or jew went into muslim territory and tried to practice it they would most likely be killed. The reverse can also be applied. Don't provoke the enemy but also don't allow them to intimidate you. Say no. Focus on the spiritual practices of taking care of yourself and allowing those more equipped to handle these people deal with it, like the neighbouring arab countries and states.

This is not a world government, and as harsh as it sounds, certain regions have been waging wars for thousand s of years, and they will continue to long after we are gone - it is a long standing feud. Don't bring the feud to your doorstep.

If you are going to go in and pretend to take over a country in the guise of democracy then just do it the proper way - either let them fight their own wars or take it over and forbid practice of any extremist practices. It is not religious freedom to bring your hate into another country - it is a violation of that country's rights. I do not go into another persons house and smack a woman for not wearing a burka - your house, your rules. Your country, your rules.

-----

Stand up for your rights, and realize that hating these people only cripples your own spiritual evolution, and fighting these people only causes them to recruit more. The only thing you will accomplish is destroying more and more of the world population - with a faith you can recruit the world, until your hubris destroys everything meaningful and all are caught in the crossfire.

Instead focus on building a spiritual solution, practicing it, and offering it as a choice for these people to follow instead. The ONLY way to fight a corrupt religious ideology is with a pure spiritual ideology. That is what I have attempted to do with Source teachings - I am providing people with alternate things to believe, using that belief like a vector virus to heal an existing virus in an ailing war torn body.

In addition - don't allow them to provoke you, and forget your own spiritual teachings and delve into ‪#‎ego‬‪#‎pride‬‪#‎revenge‬ and ‪#‎hate‬. Rise above it - mourn the loss of the victims, and work on showing you are the better acting person by example, and perhaps all those rushing to convert to these ‪#‎extremist‬ ‪#‎religions‬ due to observing their families and homes blown up by "the west" might convert to something more stable and‪#‎healing‬.

Make sure to share this - the more people that see it the more people will realize what is being done to them and change.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAlmightySource

• Brohoof 2

You're right - the West needs to end this. An excellent first step would be to stop bankrolling Saudi Arabia (who's funding ISIS and the sunni/shia conflict alongside Qatar, Kuwait...).

I'm looking at you, U.S.

Edited by Guest

My father is known for immediatley resorting to extreme meaures.

What I mean by that, is that after the Paris, France attacks, he thought (and still thinks) that the U.S.A should just bomb and destroy Syria, Iraq, etc. and kill everyone there, terrorist or not. Just to be "safe".

My father is known for immediatley resorting to extreme meaures.

What I mean by that, is that after the Paris, France attacks, he thought (and still thinks) that the U.S.A should just bomb and destroy Syria, Iraq, etc. and kill everyone there, terrorist or not. Just to be "safe".

Well shit. That's a terrifying belief system. D:  

i think the USA should stay out of it myself, we have been fighting in the middle east since 2001! that's 14 solid years! thousands of dead soldiers and trillions of dollars worth of debt later and we still can see no end in sight, the last thing we need is to start another never ending war

i think the USA should stay out of it myself, we have been fighting in the middle east since 2001! that's 14 solid years! thousands of dead soldiers and trillions of dollars worth of debt later and we still can see no end in sight, the last thing we need is to start another never ending war

Why do you mention the soldiers, why not the innocent civilian life that's been lost over those 14 years? Why do the soldiers matter more? That seems really racist that you wouldn't even consider the people who had nothing to do with the war. Especially when Soldiers are there on orders, they had the choice to enlist in the military or not. The civilians didn't have that choice.

Why do you mention the soldiers, why not the innocent civilian life that's been lost over those 14 years? Why do the soldiers matter more? That seems really racist that you wouldn't even consider the people who had nothing to do with the war. Especially when Soldiers are there on orders, they had the choice to enlist in the military or not. The civilians didn't have that choice.

then by extension you are also really racist for not considering the loss of the troops lives and for considering civilian lives more important than soldiers. so why do the civilians matter more? what makes one more important than the other?

don't you see the entire point of this "war" is not just global religious dominion, but also as a means to rob people of their humanity and see their fellow man in the eyes of hatred, instead of love?

Don't give in - I don't hate any of these people, and I won't help further their agenda of hate. If they can brainwash people with religion then we can outlaw those beliefs and punish any action done out of them with the same laws we do anything else.

You cannot bomb an ideology - it is spread all over the world - all you can do is attempt to de-brainwash them with another ideology, the same way they were brainwashed with one to begin with - mostly due to feeling a need for retribution against us interfering in the first place - religion has been used an excuse for justifiable violence for eons.

Let us show we are better by leading by example, and not bombing places which causes more people in the surrounding areas to get infected and join the cause - otherwise the only way this "war" will end is when literally every "convertable" person on the planet is dead - or every person on the planet is dead.

If a parents child misbehaves they don't destroy the child in hopes it won't infect the other children - they teach them why its wrong and try to teach them something better, and don't allow them to practice such hateful practices, and if they still don't cooperate as they get older they kick them out of the house so their influence can't affect everyone else.

The real question i why is everyone so quick to jump on hate and find hateful solutions, instead of solutions that actually reflect what they claim to be as loving people from "civilized" countries. For the most part these people are not evil - they are simply brainwashed into believing they are doing what is right for an ideology.

Edited by Chronamut
  • Brohoof 1

then by extension you are also really racist for not considering the loss of the troops lives and for considering civilian lives more important than soldiers. so why do the civilians matter more? what makes one more important than the other?

C'mon you guys.  Both soldiers and civilian lives matter. 

The best thing we can do is not fight at all. For the past decade and a half our countries have been fighting these wars in the middle east and all we've managed to accomplish is to further destabilize it and create an even bigger mess.

What we should be doing is the following:

1. Completely isolating the middle east until it gets its crap sorted out. It's having all these issues with all these uprisings and civil wars and our countries' enemies are being funded by their business partners (Saudi Arabia). If the Saudis are going to shake our hand with one hand and stab us in the back with the other, they're not worth having as business partners. Any mid-eastern country caught funding these groups, we should cut them off and no longer do business with them.

2. Restrict all travel to or from the Middle East. No journalists, former soldiers or any of our civilians for that matter goes into the middle east for any reason whatsoever and certainly no one from their countries should come out of there. If anyone from the US, Canada or Europe comes out of the middle east they should get a thorough interrogation. With all the chaos going on in there, they have no business being there.

3. Regarding the refugees and immigrants. Again we should allow nobody coming from there until the Middle East gets its crap sorted out. As for the ones that are already in North America and Europe should be thoroughly screened. Anyone that's been discovered to have fought for any of the Guerrilla Groups in the Middle East should be deported. It doesn't matter if they were born here or not. Anyone from NA or Europe that went to the Middle East to fight in one of these guerrilla factions is a traitor to their country and should be stripped of their citizenship and deported. Also any refugees or immigrants that refuse to integrate to our societies, demand that the laws of the Muslim religion be allowed (Honor Killings, Sharia Law, etc.), and demand free benefits (free clothing, free housing, free money) should also be deported and cause trouble if their demands aren't met should also be deported. And of course any refugee who causes trouble and causes chaos should also be deported.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 3

The best thing we can do is not fight at all. For the past decade and a half our countries have been fighting these wars in the middle east and all we've managed to accomplish is to further destabilize it and create an even bigger mess.

What we should be doing is the following:

1. Completely isolating the middle east until it gets its crap sorted out. It's having all these issues with all these uprisings and civil wars and our countries' enemies are being funded by their business partners (Saudi Arabia). If the Saudis are going to shake our hand with one hand and stab us in the back with the other, they're not worth having as business partners. Any mid-eastern country caught funding these groups, we should cut them off and no longer do business with them.

2. Restrict all travel to or from the Middle East. No journalists, former soldiers or any of our civilians for that matter goes into the middle east for any reason whatsoever and certainly no one from their countries should come out of there. If anyone from the US, Canada or Europe comes out of the middle east they should get a thorough interrogation. With all the chaos going on in there, they have no business being there.

3. Regarding the refugees and immigrants. Again we should allow nobody coming from there until the Middle East gets its crap sorted out. As for the ones that are already in North America and Europe should be thoroughly screened. Anyone that's been discovered to have fought for any of the Guerrilla Groups in the Middle East should be deported. It doesn't matter if they were born here or not. Anyone from NA or Europe that went to the Middle East to fight in one of these guerrilla factions is a traitor to their country and should be stripped of their citizenship and deported. Also any refugees or immigrants that refuse to integrate to our societies, demand that the laws of the Muslim religion be allowed (Honor Killings, Sharia Law, etc.), and demand free benefits (free clothing, free housing, free money) should also be deported and cause trouble if their demands aren't met should also be deported. And of course any refugee who causes trouble and causes chaos should also be deported.

I agree with you that we should completely cut off the Middle East. The only flaw with your plan is how the Middle East will get their stuff together. They've been a war zone for thousands of years, what's going to change the streak? And how would we keep immigrants from coming? As we've seen with Mexican immigrants(not trying to offend anybody) it can be easy to cross our borders if we are not attentive. 

My mother had a discussion with me about this shortly after the Paris attack, and we did have some really good points.

Religion is a factor, but the reason why groups like ISIS gain popularity and diehard recruits is simple, they accept and integrate what the rest of the world claims to be "social outcasts." These "outcasts" usually are far from successful in life, isolated and abandoned by people around them. While this could be due to disorders like depression or schizophrenia influencing the way they think, a good handful of people are truly casted aside by their communities.

Groups like ISIS see this as a chance, and opportunity. They began by offering these "oucasts" support, accepting who they are and giving them emotional and sometimes physical support. Now, if you are someone who's pretty much abandoned by everything around you, and suddenly this band of folks pop up and treat you like family, you are most likely going to feel a certain degree of gratitude, perhaps belonging.

The next step will be helping the "outcasts" find the perfect scapegoat for just about everything wrong in their lives, and that scapegoat? Everyone else around them in the world, blamed for physical and emotional suffering. Imagine this, while you have virtually zero friends and struggle to maintain 3 meals a day, a good amount of people have access to both whenever they like. Then a nice old man sits down with you, gives you a cup of warm tea, and says: "Imagine a piece of bread, shared by the entire world. We all need some to survive, but these 10% people believe they deserve more, so they take 3/4 of the bread for themselves, now, you and the rest 90% must fight for the remaining 1/4 piece of bread, does that sound fair? These 10% people are the cause of your misery, they stole everything that is suppose to belong to you."

Perhaps to these 10% people, they believe they deserve it, and that it's normal to consume 3/4 of that bread. Perhaps some do need it to contribute better back to the world, and perhaps some don't.

But if you were an outcast, physically and emotionally broken, there is a good chance you're gonna buy into this, despite a good amount of people earned their wealth through hard work (Although I acknowledge some had it the easy/dirty way, it is not fair to generalize all people with wealth as achieving it the easy/dirty way).

Then, the old man says, "there is very little chance for you in this life, you will probably end up starving to death on the streets anyways. However, if you can get rid of some of those more selfish people, these opportunities you deserved can return to you in the next life. As a plus, you might even help some people with situation like yours to have better opportunities in their next lives too. What do you say, eh?"

When your situation, as of right now, is hopeless, and you have nothing to lose, would you refuse? Or grab a suicide vest, walk into a local market, end it all, perhaps for once do something "good" in your life, in hope of a better next life? Of course, no one knows whether there is going to be a "next life," or whether your actions in this life will have any effect on your next one should there is, but again, when everything seems hopeless, would you do it?

That's right, blame everyone else, blame me.

It takes a noble effort to refuse, and unfortunately not everyone has that willpower.

As far as I know, the best way to counter this spread of hatred, is not hate back, but love. I do not consider myself affiliated with any specific religion, but this holds a good point: Love thy neighbor. You don't have to give them money, you just need to let them know you respect and accept them as a human being. True, perhaps even with that, some mentally ill psychopaths would still slaughter innocents, but at least we can prevent some good men and women from becoming one of them. As for those who solely worships hatred, we hold no hatred against them ourselves, but we do what's necessary to protect our friends and family.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

You're right - the West needs to end this. An excellent first step would be to stop bankrolling Saudi Arabia (who's funding ISIS and the sunni/shia conflict alongside Qatar, Kuwait...).

I'm looking at you, U.S.

does isis really need the funding you say they get from the usa? from what I read isis is self funding from the banks they empty when they take over a city and I heard they take over mansions and museums and sell the expensive art and artifacts off

does isis really need the funding you say they get from the usa? from what I read isis is self funding from the banks they empty when they take over a city and I heard they take over mansions and museums and sell the expensive art and artifacts off

The United States is not directly funding the Islamic State. They are, however, indirectly funding them by bankrolling the Saudis.

But to answer your question, no - i don't think they need the money, but money is still money, regardless. So why not take it?

Edited by Guest

from what i am reading on the news it looks like the shooting in california was a terror attack, they found bombs in the people's house and the guy had communicated with isis in the past

The only reason is that the US military is the best in the world and is very adept at fighting against other conventional armies. But, the problem why we are having trouble is because we are not good at fighting against insurgencies. Just take Vietnam for example, they had to pull out after they were struggling to pin down the Vietcong but the US had overwhelming superiority in that war. It is the most humiliating thing too, because who played the insurgent role in Revolutionary War against the British who had the strongest conventional military in the world at that time?

Well Turkey seem to more or less helping ISIS. They even shot down a Russian plane. Although this is the blame of the Erdogan government. Hopefully he will step down.

Edited by Lithophila

Did anybody hear about the San Bernardino terrorist attack?  The female suspect pledged an allegiance to ISIS.

Which is why the US should be making guns more of a pain in the ass to get. Look at where they are now. They've had more mass shootings then there are days in the year (355) and they've had more mass shootings than the entirety of Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea combined.

Paris, south Africa, and everything else mentioned above are already later symptoms of terror. They are just probably the most apparent ones. Religious terrorism was already taking the world slowly, but surely, over a decade ago.

The problem with terror is not stopping it; it's making sure it's stopped. Because when your religious ideology not only justifies, but glorifies death itself, your warriors readily fight to the death. You can slay them all, and still have preachers calling in new combatants to start another war.

You don't need to destroy the terrorists themselves. You need to destroy the people who are making others into terrorists. And that makes the problem a lot more complicated.

• 4 years later...

Religious terrorists...hmm is it really religion? Or just an excuse...its like witch hunt religion didnt really want to burn witches...heck the bible barely touch on that subject...but people still want to burn something