Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Names that just doesn't sound right

cider float

Is there any MLP character who's name just doesn't sound right?

Spike: What kind of name is that. Spike is usually a name reserved to a badass male character. When I hear Spike I think of a motorcycle gang member or a post-apocalyptic thug wearing spikes on his leather jacket with a spike mohawk. Maybe the name is still applicable to Spike from G1 who was a member of Tirek's gang but even then and now Spike was never a really tough dragon or anything in fact he was the opposite.

Applejack: The name is actually a thing. It is an alcoholic beverage made from apples. Now that's applicable for the character who makes apple cider, but why in Equestria does her name have to refer to an alcoholic beverage in a children's cartoon? That's like naming Tree Hugger "ganja" or something. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applejack_(beverage)

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

Not sure about show canon, but really, this name in the fandom sounds really bad in my mind: Anon  >_> . Seriously, it's better to not give him a name at all rather than anon  -_-

Most of the time, fanfic writters give their charater the ''anon / anonymous'' name because they're too lazy to developp a personality around this main character that they call ''anon''

• Brohoof 1

Oh really?! It's actually a common dog name here and it sorta made sense in EQG 

Well, spike is kind of a god for twilight, even as a dragon.

So... names that doesn't sound right.... uhm... uhhhh, no? I don't know any ^^