Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop OC Avatars/Portraits!

Rayne Mercury

Update Corner

CLOSED as of February 1st, 2016. I am not accepting new requests at this time. If I knew how to edit the title (if it is possible) I would. I will still be working on The Queue and The Waiting List. Once it's cleared up and I know I can dedicate more time to this, I will reopen. I apologize for the lengthy period of time this has taken, and avoiding making more people wait long periods of time is the reason I want to close this for now.

In other news, I want to attempt to raise the resolution of my portraits in order to get more quality into each one, hopefully without increasing the time it takes to produce one. Check back here for updates!

Since I became a fan of the show I've been slowly working up my digital artistry, and I've reached the point that I'd like to start drawing some unique ponies.

That said, I would like to draw anyone's OC for fun, or for your use as an avatar! I've done this with two friends so far, and with their permission I'll display them here at a later time.

For now, have a look at my OCs and Mane Six portraits. These'll be roughly in order of completion, so you can see how my technique has evolved over time.

For descriptions of each, go here: http://rayne-mercury.deviantart.com/gallery/57426456/Pony-Portraits

sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-4320982.sig-

If you would like me to do one, please provide as many or as few details as you'd like. You can provide a reference image, or don't! I'll fill in the blanks. If you want adjustments after, I'll be happy to do so. I would just ask that you have at least the basics of appearance, such as race, colors, general mane style, and gender.

EDIT: Frames are here! If you'd like to frame your 400x400 pixel portrait, choose one of the frames I've made or specify a custom one. Custom frames may take up their own spot in The Queue, as really elaborate ones could take a lot of time to make.

Here's a simple frame I've made as an example. More to come soon! http://rayne-mercury.deviantart.com/art/Pinkie-Pie-on-a-Fuzzy-Photo-584150039

Thank you!

EDIT: Welcome to The Queue! Step right up and take your time waiting for your pony portrait to be produced! Remember, The Queue is first-come, first-served. It's also one-pony-per-spot-in-line, so if you have multiple ponies (or an elaborate custom frame) with you they'll have to be spread out among all the others. The color of a name denotes its completion rate. Red = not started, yellow = started, green = complete! Completed portraits will be linked from this post to the post in which it appears.

1. Artimis Whooves
  2. DJ Gumball
  3. Emerald Bolt's Summer Sun Cloud
  4. Copper Strikes
  5. DJ Neon
  6. Venomous' OC
  7. Aqualuna Sea Splash
  8. Paladin's OC
  9. Dark Side
  10. Treble
  11. Purple Breeze
  12. Spark Thunderbass' OC
  13. Emerald Bolt
  14. Night Shadow
  15. Wasd-Wiz

Phew! Thus ends The Queue... For now. Please let me know by posting here or PMing me if you need to change something, whether it's the name I have listed or the pony you want me to draw (as long as it's still red).

Also, please specify if you do not want me to post the final product in the thread for everyone to see. If you do not specify, I will post it here!

Finally, please feel free to continue posting requests, but keep in mind that the more red there is in the queue, the longer it will be before I get to yours. I do plan to have a timeline in mind and then hopefully surpass it.

Thank you all for your interest!

Welcome to The Waiting List! As we very quickly reached a nice round number of 15 requests, I've decided to cap The Queue at that number. You may still post requests, but they will be placed in The Waiting List until The Queue clears up. In the future, The Queue may shrink to a more manageable number.

1. Echo
  2. gamecubeguy214
  3. Lunar Echo's two OCs
  4. White Russian
  5. Captain Doubloon
  6. Bravo Satisfries' OC (Jet Sketch?)
  7. Snake's OC
  8. Diego
  9. Flight Force
  10. Elly
Edited by Rayne Mercury

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have anymore time on your hands, could you draw up my pony OC?

Here is a reference:

post-14906-0-50584900-1452482807_thumb.jpg

(Her bangs cover her left eye)

Thanks!

Yeah, these request guilds tend to fill up really quickly. Lots of people on this site are interested in free artwork. I'd thought about opening up a "free vector art" request guild here, but after seeing how much traffic I'd be getting, I didn't think that I'd be able to keep up with the workload. Good luck with this endeavor though!

*looks around*

What, did you expect me to make a request? XD

Phew, that's a lot of requests! I hope you all don't mind if it takes a while to get through everyone. When I get home in a couple of hours I'll update the first post to include a queue, so you can see when your pony is getting worked on!

Also, is it okay with everyone if I post the finished images on this thread for everyone to see?

(edited)

Good luck with this endeavor though!

Greetings, I like your art a lot!

Thank you both! :D

In other news... As you can see, the top of The Queue is glowing yellow, which means I've started working on the first pony! I'd like to get a consistent timing out and let you all know what it looks like. If the weekend comes before I get one out there, then production should speed up greatly.

EDIT: Just learned that double-posting apparently combines the posts? That or I accidentally edited this one instead of posting a new one. Anyway, check it out!

Phew! I finished the first one! This is the third OC of someone else's that I've drawn. I learned a LOT while making this. I even had a well-versed graphic designer friend teach me a couple of techniques in the making of...

Artimis Whooves!

06cYoTe.png

I learned a lot and tried some new techniques here, including my first time changing up the facial structure so drastically.

I'm sure there's flaws all over, just like all my others, but I tried to fix as many as I could. I caught a pretty big one as I went to post this, in fact!

I hope you like it, Artimis Whooves! Please let me know if you'd like me to make any adjustments. If so, I'll have to add it towards the bottom of The Queue, unfortunately. It's only fair!

Edited by Rayne Mercury

@@Rayne Mercury, Thanks, I love it! 

You're welcome!

And now it's time for...

cxzqXKY.png

It's DJ Gumball! This was my first time drawing objects that aren't ponies in my portraits! I hope they look somewhat like headphones, heh... Anyway, hope you like it,@!

I thought of a neat idea... Because these are portraits and kind of good for avatars, maybe I should offer some frames to go with your portraits so you can have something on the edge instead of nothingness? Let me know what you think of this idea, and I'll update the first post when I come up with some frames!

If I have already finished your portrait and you'd like a frame, just let me know. Custom frames will take some time (and possibly a spot in The Queue), but I'll try to offer a variety of designs.

Thanks, everyone!

Oh hallo! I just wanna say your art is fabulous!

I have an oc that I would like you to draw. Her name is Echo

Lf9qt5E.jpg?1

Edit: Her eye color is yellow

Edited by PROJECT: Echo

(edited)

Oh hallo! I just wanna say your art is fabulous!

Thank you! I've added Echo to the Waiting List for now.

I know Kagami-Sama or whatever his name was already drew it for me, but can you do the headphones on his neck in a style that's better suited for an avatar?

I can! I've added you to the Waiting List for now.

To everyone,

Phew. Work caught up to me and kicked my butt this past week. But I want to finish everyone's drawings! I'm going to try to finish at least one a day until I finish The Queue and the Waiting List. Thank you for your patience!

Alrighty, I am now proud to present @'s Summer Sun Cloud!

7LlwDvd.png

I hope you like it! Check my first post for an example of a frame I could add around this. In the future I'll have more frames available, too. If you have an idea, send it my way and I'll see what I can do!

Edited by Rayne Mercury

@@Rayne Mercury,

*round of clapping* yay she is awesome I might get you to do all my OC's (if you'd like to and after everyone else of course) 

oh and when you do Emerald can you give her a gaming headset like this

post-35804-0-64703600-1453296730.jpg