Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv MST3K is coming back!

SUPERFOX5

This is great news. I've been enjoying Rifftrax for a few years now. I hope they don't screw this up.

I think Joel knows what he is doing, he hired Jonah Ray from Comedy Central.

I am just excited that it is coming back, but I wonder on what kind of media? Netflix or cable?

Also, I found out about MST3K through Shout Factory, if it weren't for their previous DVD sets, I would never have become a fan (or MSTie)!

I've watched the Super Mario Bros. Movie RiffTrax, that kinda got me giggling. It made the movie more tolerable to watch, considering it is nothing like the games.

I watched a bit of the Star Wars Holiday Special RiffTrax, but never finished it I think...

• 1 year later...

On this, the fourteenth of April, 20...uh, it's still 2017, right? The new Mystery Science Theater 3000 has hit Netflix!

Find it funny how on their inaugural episode they crack a few jokes about Kickstarter when they spend, like, four minutes in the credits trying to mention all who helped and still not manage to get out of the Bs!

My thoughts on the two first episodes so far! It really is a loving send-up of what it once was. Heck, it starts out with a bit of it running like an actual bad movie like what they focus on, hokey acting & everything! And none of you fear! There's still as much blatantly dated references as ever! Like anyone a decade from now is going to grasp what "blogging" or "kickstarting" is! Can't say Felicia Day makes a convincing Mad scientist; she's just too darn sweet & genuine to expect her to be violent towards Jonas & the bots. Also. Jonas? Joel? Did you guys just hire him because he sounded vaguely like the original guy? As for the "new" bots they seem to just come with the territory. Felt for sure they'd  throw out some line of them being, like, version 2.0 of the originals or something, but no, they're just up there when we get there. Probably made by the Mads. Don't know about their new voices though. Crow's fits; It has that high-pitched inane but needy tone to it that fits him! Tom's feels weird. He sounds like a used car salesman and not like the low-throated straight man-bot I'm used to. Though Gypsy's new voice was clearly intentionally changed. Instead of the dumb, important but unnecessary sidekick , she's now like some sultry midwestern southern accent. And I like it.

I'll admit it now to the world! I'm marginally attracted to a vacuum-headed, snake-shaped robot! I'm sure that doesn't sound weird at all.

Also, she keeps coming in midway through the movie to take baskets or something out. What up wit' that? They really are getting innovative with the silhouettes this season!

All in all, so glad they came back to it! Found & got addicted to MST3K on youtube for a good while now!

On 1/17/2016 at 6:39 PM, SUPERFOX5 said:

Do you have a favorite episode of MST3K?

Well, if by "favorite" you mean their absolute worst movie covered that really needed the riffing, I'd say "Kitten with a Whip." Just... that man was too stupid to stay alive. An entire movie based on human beings just being absolute scumwads to each other!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...