Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What other races do you think exist in their world?

Rainbow Sparkle

With the recent addition of the changelings, as well as the showing up of Donkey's, not to mention cows having been given another speaking role (and of course minotaurs...and goats, I'm going to assume they just don't know equestrian) I was just wondering. What other race's do you think are in the ponies world (I'm not sure what to call it, the term Earth has been used at least once, though I prefer my fanon name Equidae)

Ponies

Dragons

Diamond Dogs

Buffaloo

Donkey's

Cow's

Changelings

Goats

Minotaurs

Griffons

Sea Serpent/River Serpent

Seaponies (joking ;P)

I don't think I missed any, but if I did, go ahead and add it to the list.

Humans are obviously one that are in my mind highly unlikely (unless they actually make an episode with them at which point everything goes crazy) but I think Deer could be one, and of coure other mythological creatures are certain possible.

• Brohoof 1

You are missing a bunch:

Cats, Dogs, Phoenixes, Bunnies, Fluttershy's pets, Owls, and the guy from your avatar, how could you miss Discord?

and yes humans have 0% chance in canon

You are missing a bunch: Cats, Dogs, Phoenixes, Bunnies, Fluttershy's pets, Owls, and the guy from your avatar, how could you miss Discord?

I regard all of those creatures as being partially sentient, not fully sentient, with the exception of Draconequus's. We have no idea if Discord is the only one, nor if others like him have the same powers.

in my life, I've learned its never wise to say "it's never going to happen" or any variation thereof. This doesn't mean I think humans will or may show up, so much as I think that there is always the possibility they could be thrown in. (Heck the first generation had humans in it, and as long as they did it in a good way, I'd have no problem with humans showing up)

I wanted to say something, but it was offensive so I didn't. May I haz cookie? You also forgot bears, and the three-headed dog.

I have no idea what you could say that'd be offensive here. As for those two, again, partially sentient.

Maybe you should mark it as "other sentient races", not just "other races", that way the beasts and lowly lifeforms won't have to be listed :wacko:

I doubt goats that appeared in "putting your hoof down" was actually sentient, they looked like a pet (like winona to applejack) to me

I have no idea what you could say that'd be offensive here. As for those two, again, partially sentient.

Something involving a certain real-life race.

Im willing to bet 100 [insert pony currency here] that there will be a Sphinx! I hope, Sphinxes are awesome

Bits. Yes, they are called "bits."

Extant Equines so-far seen:

(Those marked with an asterisk have named characters)

Ponies - Unicorn/"Earth"/Pegasus/"Alicorn" *

Horses (Mice horses?)

Goats

Zebra*

Buffalo*

Mules*

Donkeys*

Sheep

Pigs

Extant Equines unseen:

Camels

Elk

Deer

Giraffes

Rhinoceroses

Caribou

Reindeer

Sea Horses NO

Extant Mythological creatures unseen:

-Insert Professor's Biblography of C.S. Lewis here-

• Brohoof 3

I think they have all the animals we have such as Platypus,Cheetah,Giraffe (the last two probably are found at the place where Zecora came from) and with that they have mythological creatures as well.To them,us humans are mythological as well but instead no human has been sighted in their world so they're not sure if we exist or not.

The fact that Centaurs are from Greek Mythology means that their appearance in the show is an inevitable possibility.

Tirek. He was a centaur, I think. It would be funny if there was a G4 version of him along with Scorpan.

You are missing a bunch:

Cats, Dogs, Phoenixes, Bunnies, Fluttershy's pets, Owls, and the guy from your avatar, how could you miss Discord?

Then how do you explain Iron Will?

Minotaurs are half bull, half human.

Not only that but the possibility of there being centaurs as well not only adds to the possible existence of humans at one point in the history of Equestria, but would also help give more evidence of humans in Equestria. For all we know humans have been extinct for many years.

Extant Equines so-far seen:

(Those marked with an asterisk have named characters)

Ponies - Unicorn/"Earth"/Pegasus/"Alicorn" *

Horses (Mice horses?)

Goats

Zebra*

Buffalo*

Mules*

Donkeys*

Sheep

Pigs

Extant Equines unseen:

Camels

Elk

Deer

Giraffes

Rhinoceroses

Caribou

Reindeer

Sea Horses NO

Extant Mythological creatures unseen:

-Insert Professor's Biblography of C.S. Lewis here-

We need rhinoceroses, camels, and giraffes.

(edited)

I think they have all the animals we have such as Platypus,Cheetah,Giraffe (the last two probably are found at the place where Zecora came from) and with that they have mythological creatures as well.To them,us humans are mythological as well but instead no human has been sighted in their world so they're not sure if we exist or not.

I personally like to think that if there are going to be any humans showing up, its revealed that they live on a very far away and somewhat remote continent, explaining why they've basically never been seen. Or, that's how they'd explain it in show. I also hope that their civilization is steampunk based.

Then how do you explain Iron Will?

Minotaurs are half bull, half human.

Not only that but the possibility of there being centaurs as well not only adds to the possible existence of humans at one point in the history of Equestria, but would also help give more evidence of humans in Equestria. For all we know humans have been extinct for many years.

Iron will is not, however, half human. As for centaurs, I highly doubt they'll show up at all, or if they do, they'll be like Iron Will in that they are centaurs, only with the human element removed.

Its also been suggested I believe by some fans that the world Equestria exist in is a recovered post-apocalyptic Earth, and that humans wiped themselves out a long time ago in some horrible war.

Edited by Rainbow Sparkle

Its also been suggested I believe by some fans that the world Equestria exist in is a recovered post-apocalyptic Earth, and that humans wiped themselves out a long time ago in some horrible war.

And what?Ponies became the dominant race,somehow became intelligent and learned from what the humans had left behind.

With the recent addition of the changelings, as well as the showing up of Donkey's, not to mention cows having been given another speaking role (and of course minotaurs...and goats, I'm going to assume they just don't know equestrian) I was just wondering. What other race's do you think are in the ponies world (I'm not sure what to call it, the term Earth has been used at least once, though I prefer my fanon name Equidae)

PLEASE!

Do not use the word "race" when you clearly mean species, ok?

Why not?

Races witin the same species can interbreed, Different species rarely can. ... to describe it simply.

Ok?

As for some suggestions ....

I do not think Centaurs exist.

Why?

They probably entered earth myth from people seeing humans riding horses for the first time .... also think of the name "Centaur".

Minotaur comes from Mino's Taur, meaning Mino's Bull.

So what would that make a Centaur? Cen's Bull?

There is no "horse" part anywhere near there!

Centaur rather implies that it is a bull, and not a horse-being.

So, no centaurs.

So far it looks like Equestria is populated by characters from the D&D Monster Manual! :D

I think trolls seem quite likely to appear. But all the other missing creatures of myth seem to be human hybrids, or not offering anything new compared to what has been seem before.

Harpies, satyrs, fauns, giants, ogres, and animated skeletons all fail at the first. And lizardfolk, hippogriffs, goblins, etc fail at the second.

Hmm, what about landsharks? Or is that too close to Quarry Eels?

• Brohoof 1

And what?Ponies became the dominant race,somehow became intelligent and learned from what the humans had left behind.

Hey, why not? Besides, we don't actually know whether or not their dominant in the world or not. Equestria is just one country after all.

PLEASE!

Do not use the word "race" when you clearly mean species, ok?

Why not?

Races witin the same species can interbreed, Different species rarely can. ... to describe it simply.

Ok?

Blame sci-fi.

As for some suggestions ....

I do not think Centaurs exist.

Why?

They probably entered earth myth from people seeing humans riding horses for the first time .... also think of the name "Centaur".

Minotaur comes from Mino's Taur, meaning Mino's Bull.

So what would that make a Centaur? Cen's Bull?

There is no "horse" part anywhere near there!

Centaur rather implies that it is a bull, and not a horse-being.

So, no centaurs.

I agree, mostly on the simple fact that unless they intend to introduce humans I see no reason for them to introduce Centaurs.

So far it looks like Equestria is populated by characters from the D&D Monster Manual! :D

I think trolls seem quite likely to appear. But all the other missing creatures of myth seem to be human hybrids, or not offering anything new compared to what has been seem before.

Harpies, satyrs, fauns, giants, ogres, and animated skeletons all fail at the first. And lizardfolk, hippogriffs, goblins, etc fail at the second.

Hmm, what about landsharks? Or is that too close to Quarry Eels?

I'd love to see Lizardfolk or goblins of some sort show up in the show.

Remember that episode when Sauron fought the mane 6?

Posted Image

WICKED.

But I'd like to believe that Equestria is inhabited by a lot of Middle Earth people, I myself being a Tolkien nerd.

Edited by Princess GLaDOS
  • Brohoof 2

Blame sci-fi.

I agree, mostly on the simple fact that unless they intend to introduce humans I see no reason for them to introduce Centaurs.

I'd love to see Lizardfolk or goblins of some sort show up in the show.

Nah, true sci-fi would have gotten the facts straight.

No, the culprit here, is Tolkien and LotR, together with the first versions of D&D, that used and cemented the confusion.

As for Centaurs, i mean that the ponies already is enough human-equines, so centaurs offers nothing, not even if humans would be introduced.

I think, instead of human versions, it would of course be hoofed versions, like Skeleton ponies, treequines(dryads/treefolk), and so on.

Dogs could easily have goblinoid and ogrish versions, and so on ...

Edited by Tiina Brown