Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What the heck is the appeal in Trixie?

prettycool

Honestly! Why do a bunch of people like Trixie?

1. She is only in 1 episode.

2. She is a liar, a boaster and a jerk overall.

3. And most of all she attacked any of the Mane 6 who stepped up to show there productive skills.

Anyway yeah. I don't see the appeal in this pony.

• Brohoof 19

(edited)

Posted Image

Just gonna say this right here:

This is not an attack to Trixie or Trixie Fans.

I just find it odd how people like such a character.

Edited by SuperX46
  • Brohoof 1

I think the perceived huge Trixie fandom is skewed a bit by the fact that the guy from Equestria Daily is obsessed with her :)

I do want to see some more Trixie though. I wonder if she'll be a recurring villain with a grudge for Twilight, or if she learned her lesson at the end of Boast Busters?

• Brohoof 3

I would suggest having a look at chapter 10 of 'Shipping and Handling', in which Sethisto (yes, that Sethisto) goes on a date with trixie and unearths her more sensitive side.

http://pegasusrescuebrigade.deviantart.com/art/Shipping-and-Handling-Chap-10-285170425

Really I think it's just one of those things about our community, we like to look for the good in bad ponies.

unless they hurt fluttershy. *cough*Gilda*cough*

Not an attack for Trixie's fan, but clearly stated that she is a liar, a boaster and a jerk overall.

Yeah right

Posted Image

I for one, liked Trixie for her huge confidence, and her beautiful design. She attacked the mane six because they previously endangered her income, if she didn't defend herself she might not be able to get anything to eat you know.

• Brohoof 6

Honestly! Why do a bunch of people like Trixie?

• Trixie has a very visually appealing color scheme.
  • Trixie is a stage magician in a place filled with magic - this makes her an interesting character
  • Trixie was an interesting antagonist in the one episode that she did appear in
I think that these are the three reasons that explain why Trixie has some dedicated fans.

She is a liar, a boaster and a jerk overall.

In defense of the character of Trixie, she is a stage magician. She makes her living by putting on magic shows. I would imagine that her aggressive stage presence is one of the ways that she manages to draw a crowd to her events. If she was less confident and she was a pushover, then how would she ever be able to make a living in a place were magic is a boring, everyday occurrence?

You say that she was a liar, boaster, and a jerk, but, really, you have to keep things in perspective. She was putting on a show, and that show was her livelihood, her income. The mane 6, for all intents and purposes, were hecklers in the crowd. When you go to a circus, do you challenge the ringmaster's skills? Probably not.

• Brohoof 15

I imagine that her appeal to a certain sub-group within the community is quite simply this; she showed up in only one episode, but, with her GIANT EGO, managed to leave a major impression on some of the fans, so now they're curious to learn more about her. Honestly, I don't really care for her character that much, but I wouldn't be opposed to her showing up in the show again, and maybe, just maybe, growing as a character from her ego-centric persona into a, dare I say it, likeable and friendly pony! Eh, but who am I kidding, that's just wishful thinking; after all, the Great and Powerful Trixie is already perfection incarnate!!! :lol:

I'd like to see her re-appear, but as a nice character that learns a lesson in friendship, and becomes friends with the Mane 6.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 9

She's an interesting character and I can only assume people want to see her have a greater story arc and feel that she can develop further as a character... Or maybe people just think the name Trixie is hot or something :P

I'm sorry, but where is the proof that Trixie does stage performances for a living? She is never shown to receive any money, nor did she request any. Apparently, embarrassing the Mane 6 was enough for her. As far as we know, she's doing those shows purely for her own ego.

And even if it could be proved that she is doing it for her livelihood, she does tend to take her boasting a bit far. "The greatest equine who has ever lived!" So she thinks she's more important than Princess Celestia, who raises the sun? Please. She could still draw crowds while not going overboard, or let her tricks speak for her rather than speaking for herself.

Edited by CandidKid
  • Brohoof 3

I do agree she looks pretty but her personality is a big turn off. I like the idea of people trying to expand on it though because there isn't much we were shown form that one episode. Hopefully they will bring her back if the writers can think of something they can do with her in terms of the story.

I'm sorry, but where is the proof that Trixie does stage performances for a living?

...As far as we know, she's doing those shows purely for her own ego.

So you guess she did everything as a hobby? It's like saying Rarity only designed dress in her free time when she didn't go outside mining gems to get some income. Or that Pinkie Pie never works at the Sugarcube Corner.

she does tend to take her boasting a bit far.... So she thinks she's more important than Princess Celestia, who raises the sun?

Again. Another wild guess.

If you ever read the episode's transcript, you will know that Trixie only actively attacks after Rarity, AJ, and RD challenged her show.

• Brohoof 2

Trixie isn't evil. Most people, and I'm sure ponies that are insecure tend to try and prove how great they are. I would really love to see Trixie come back, and this time actually make a friend. That would have the making of a great episode. I can imagine her hesitating a bit, and then writing a letter to Princess Celestia to tell her of the lesson she has learned. I don't mean shipping, but I can imagine Trixie and Twilight becoming good friends, but the kind of friends that tend to bicker and quarrel a lot.

Yes, I like her a whole lot!

• Brohoof 1