Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What the heck is the appeal in Trixie?

prettycool

• 11 months later...

Not an attack for Trixie's fan, but clearly stated that she is a liar, a boaster and a jerk overall.

Yeah right

bH8gl.png

I for one, liked Trixie for her huge confidence, and her beautiful design. She attacked the mane six because they previously endangered her income, if she didn't defend herself she might not be able to get anything to eat you know.

This is exactly what im trying to tell mlp fans  in boast buster trixie was just mean then she learned her lesson

in magic duel the amulet made her put it on then she was corupted by the amulet and couldnt control herself then when twilight got it off she was free again and she also apolagized in boast busters  

so I still dont get why no one likes trixie twilight forgave her isnt that enough??  and also why does everyone hate trixie for the ursa destroying ONE house     Trixie wasnt even the reason the ursa came     it was snips and snails's fault but NOOoo everyone has to blame trixie because she was a little mean but then she f***ing apoligised        SO WHY DO PPL HAT TRIXIE >:( >:( >:( ?!    

• Brohoof 1

Trixie has appeal? Huh, odd I never liked her she was a petty villain that I dismissed right away TBH.

I agree, but to be fair, she is one of the most charismatic villains in the show.

Also, some people just like mean mares.

What you call boasting and lying, others would call showmanship. (Or showmareship, in this case.)

As a showmare and a stage magician, she's very good at what she does.

She managed to entertain and impress ponies that live in a world full of magic, so she must have done something right.

People are quick to criticize how she humiliates ponies for her show, but they forget that many real-life comedians and magicians use similar tactics in their own shows.

Also, she's adorable.

• Brohoof 1

I just do not get this whole "Trixie has reformed" thing.  According to her, the amulet MADE her evil & MADE her act like that.  My words to her would be

"Let me get this straight.  You are saying that you were walking down the street, on your way to your Bible Study class, (no doubt), when this bad old amulet just jumped right out of an alley, grabbed you by the throat, & MADE you act that way.  You were so busy helping the poor & studying for your novitiate, you never had TIME to plot revenge against Twilight until that bad old amulet got ahold of you.  You' re sorry, are you?  You're sorry you got caught that's what you're sorry for.  Prisons are full of folks every bit as sorry as you are & prison is where you belong." :angry:

Now, I could be wrong (God knows, that would not be such a novelty the shock would kill me).  But, I say "Lets see her actually DO something to show she's sorry & not just say it before we forgive her."

Don't get me wrong, I like her, too.  I've seen her called Zecora's evil twin & that is so.  I like her spirit.  But, please, don't say she's reformed until she acts reformed & not just says so.

Edited by sweetolebob18

• 1 month later...

Honestly! Why do a bunch of people like Trixie? 1. She is only in 1 episode. 2. She is a liar, a boaster and a jerk overall. 3. And most of all she attacked any of the Mane 6 who stepped up to show there productive skills. Anyway yeah. I don't see the appeal in this pony.

I really like her design and her accent really :S plus her cute face when she apologizes is iconic :P

• 3 weeks later...

Her design was one of the best on the show (still is) and she had a great voice; Kathleen Barr did a great job with her.

I think some bronies also sympathized with her compulsive showboating and egotism, or at least found it intriguing. Me not so much, but I do like her for the other reasons mentioned above.  ;)

1. I absolutely love her speech habits. Speaking in the third person tends to be annoying, but Trixie makes it endearing.

2. I absolutely love her design. Again, cape and hat works for Trixie when it probably wouldn't work for anyone else. I also find her eyes to be the most expressive out of anypony.

38563-The_Great_And_PowerfulThe_Great_An

3. I absolutely love her arrogance. Ties in neatly with number 1 to make her so much fun no matter what she's doing.

4. Counterpoint to 3: humble Trixie is just as adorable as arrogant Trixie. Maybe moreso, from what little we saw of her.

5. Nice foil for Twilight. It's not so often that you see a real pony challenge her, much less a magically competent unicorn. As a villain, she plays to Twilight limitations by testing her limitations in that field, which is something that doesn't happen a lot. Needless to say, both of the two episodes with them in it were fun, interesting to say the least.

6. I feel bad for her. She didn't deserve nearly the punishment she got for what she did. Show up a few ponies at a magic show? Have your entire home destroyed by an astral bear and get your entire lifestlye and reason for being criticized! :confused: She needs more love. :please:

7. She hates Snips and Snails. Automatic +1 in my book.post-28184-0-80907100-1423646253.png

• Brohoof 2

I like a good antagonist/villain. Good fictional characters can be rather dull. The important thing to remember is that bad people/ponies in fiction are forgivable as they do not hurt anyone in the real world.

One of my favourite characters of all time is an arrogant violent murderer, so a boastful pony is nothing unforgivable. Of course, that does not answer the question of why people actively like her.

She has a fun, unique personality and a great potential for future development and speculation as to her past; whatever it was that moulded her into the strange creature she is in the series. And her design is rather fetching...

I like a good antagonist/villain.

An antagonist, sure, but a villain, no. Trixie isn't a villain.

Her job as a travelling show pony means she is a bit of a show-off out of necessity. If she didn't talk herself up, then she wouldn't make much money. Although this might put her into conflict with Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the Mane 6 in Boast Busters, it doesn't make her a bad pony. Not all conflicts have to be about good versus evil. (For example, neither Rarity nor Applejack are evil in Look Before You Sleep.)

When she returns in Magic Duel, she's evil, yes. But that's because she's been corrupted by the Alicorn Amulet. She was as much of a victim of the amulet's power as any other pony was — she's arguably the primary victim of the story, not its villain. And by the end, she's truly repentant.

I think she's a good pony at heart, which is why I gave her a happy ending in my Trixie fanfic.

I'd also agree with much of what @ had to say: the third-person speaking, the outfit, and her behaviour add up to make her a very cute and interesting character.

And although she's not on Twilight's level of magic, nor probably on Sunset Shimmer's, she seems to have magic skills which are far above the average for a unicorn. I think there's so-far untapped potential for her to be a Great and Helpful ally to the Mane 6 in a future adventure.

Edited by VitalTwilightSparkle
  • Brohoof 1

She was a decent antagonist, though maybe a little one-dimensional. I feel like she was designed to be a very very very specific character for the role, unlike Nightmare Moon, Sombra, or Discord - they all have reasons and back stories, whereas Trixie just appears and leaves after about 2 episodes with a very... Shallow personality (in the sense that she has a few major blown up flaws and that's about it). Either that, or I just haven't been paying attention to the information they've been giving XD

I love her aesthetic though. She's super pretty :P

I like her! :D

It's just that some people like arrogant and evil characters...

I for one like her character, her behavior, it's good to see a pony like her among happy and kind ponies.

Edited by Blobulle