Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Trixie?

retrobakon

I personally enjoy Trixie for a variety of reasons. I enjoy her confidence, her dominating nature, and that beautiful cape/hat combo. To me she's awesome. What are your thoughts? Do you absolutely despise her, or would you gladly become her personal assistant? 

Great-and-Powerfull-Trixie-my-little-pon

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I don't think you'd honestly like someone like Trixie irl. Way I see it she was pretty obviously not supposed to be likable. You know, she was originally planned to be a stallion, but Hasbro requested they make her a mare? I don't think she'd be anywhere near as popular if it weren't for that. As a matter of fact, take a look at this:

327280__safe_trixie_text_crying_sad_prin

That being said, I don't get why fans think she's bad at magic or that she's only good at show magic. Faust said she went to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.. Way I see it she's a magic-specialty unicorn just like Twilight, and is genuinely pretty powerful - Just not *as* powerful as she pretended. The difference between her and Twilight was that she rubbed her talent in everyone's faces and bullied them over it, while Twilight was more modest (and also ultimately more powerful, considering she was able to *actually* deal with the Ursa Minor, but that's not the important part).

• Brohoof 2

While I haven't been able to watch all the episodes yet, I'll give my opinion anyways. :P

I personally think she's a bit of an underdog, trying her best to look impressive, but ultimately failing to do so. I suppose we've all been through such a scenario, where we try our best to be likeable, but people despise us anyways.

That's why I like her, at least; because I can resonate with her ^^

I LOVE Trixie! She is probably my second favorite pony, behind Big McIntosh. I really like her colors and also her personality, in a strange way. She was very conceited, but I personally just found it to be cute and rather funny. Plus, her hat and cape are adorable!!!

sticker,375x360.png

• Brohoof 1

While I haven't been able to watch all the episodes yet, I'll give my opinion anyways. :P

I personally think she's a bit of an underdog, trying her best to look impressive, but ultimately failing to do so. I suppose we've all been through such a scenario, where we try our best to be likeable, but people despise us anyways.

That's why I like her, at least; because I can resonate with her ^^

She's not trying to be likable, she's talented and flaunting it in a mean bullying way.

Yeah, I don't think you'd honestly like someone like Trixie irl. Way I see it she was pretty obviously not supposed to be likable. You know, she was originally planned to be a stallion, but Hasbro requested they make her a mare? I don't think she'd be anywhere near as popular if it weren't for that. As a matter of fact, take a look at this:

sig-4221645.327280__safe_trixie_text_cry

That being said, I don't get why fans think she's bad at magic or that she's only good at show magic. Faust said she went to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.. Way I see it she's a magic-specialty unicorn just like Twilight, and is genuinely pretty powerful - Just not *as* powerful as she pretended. The difference between her and Twilight was that she rubbed her talent in everyone's faces and bullied them over it, while Twilight was more modest (and also ultimately more powerful, considering she was able to *actually* deal with the Ursa Minor, but that's not the important part).

I can definitely see a kind of Wind Rider/Blueblood type character if Trixie was a stallion and people would hate him.

Though I hold a grudge against several aspects of Trixie Lulamoon. My thoughts on her speculate through several areas. Let me put it in a simpler light. Even though you are intellectual people, (Most of you.) i still like to die things down a little.

I wouldn't go as far to say, personal assistant.

As she is cunning, like myself, and possibly a compuslive liar, we would possibly be at opposite ends of the ship. If you catch my meaning.

But if we were pitted against one another in an arena, i would most likely allow myself to fall easily. If anything, i find her rather nice in my own thoughts. If we were to fight hoards of enemies side by side, i would attempt to keep her from harm. Though most likely it would end rather viciously.

If anything i think she holds a place in too few hearts, and minds. Admittantly I only like her for one reason, and that is my own.

So yes, i would possibly accept the position of assistant. Maybe teach her some coin tricks.

I actually think Trixie is a really cute character. She is charming, confident, and really good at what she does. It is a shame how the show portrayed her as a villain when originally she was never a villain in the first place, she was just doing what she does and the mane 6 had to make remarks. Her appearances in EqG makes me want her to return soooooooooooooooo much, because her in a positive light makes her character so much better.

• Brohoof 1

In all seriousness, I really don't think Trixie is that bad of a character. In season one, she never really hurt anyone or did anything evil. She was a bit of a bitch though, but said fact aside, her boasting, although it may have hurt people's feelings, wasn't really done in maliciousness. She was a traveling show pony, I mean hell, you didn't HAVE to watch her. Now in season three, she did do some evil things, while under the control of the Alicorn Omelet (lel). But that's not the real Trixie. She only got that omelet (lelx2) in an attempt to try and win the rivalry she had with Twilight. I doubt she intended on going psycho berserk and stuff, but the omelet overcame her. And her apologizing spoke volumes on her character. To me it said "This ponies really not evil, just really proud of her talents, and a little rude. She could stand to learn some manners, but on the whole she's not a bad person."

I love Trixie. She's hilarious. XD

Way I see it she was pretty obviously not supposed to be likable. You know, she was originally planned to be a stallion, but Hasbro requested they make her a mare? I don't think she'd be anywhere near as popular if it weren't for that. As a matter of fact, take a look at this:

Well I think part of it is that while Trixie is obnoxious, most viewers believe she was in the right during her debut.

That she was an over the top performer and that AJ, RD, and Rarity were being hecklers. If they had just let her be, she would have just chattered till her show was over and left. Blueblood on the other hand was rude in an unprovoked way.

But there's no double standard here. I actually don't mind Blueblood.

Like Diamond Tiara was, he's just a self-absorbed jerk, but he doesn't have to stay that way.

Though he's gotta work harder to overcome his bad habits since he's an adult, not a child.

There's really only one character that I dislike. Suri Polomare.

Knowingly abhorrent in her behavior, without any of the charisma or spectacle that the big bads of the series have.

Edited by ShadOBabe

Trixie was fine ep 1 until she started getting excited n bullying. Like they shouldnt have had a problem with her if  when she was being a showmare technically.

Edited by Lil Pip

I enjoy her portrayals in the EQG films most, because Trixie is really really fun as an inept minor villain. Outside that role, I can take her or leave her. Found her incredibly obnoxious in her introductory episode (even though she didn't deserve what happened to her at the end of it), and she was only really "herself" for about a minute of Magic Duel.

Her voice is amazing, though :wub:. Love Kathleen Barr.

When she first appeared I didn't like her as a villain. She was just a show off and nothing else. In her second appearance, however, she was better... until she took off amulet and became absolutely useless... again.

I like my villains hammy, but they need to be able to back that hammieness with something.

• 7 years later...