Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your opinion on The Great and Powerful Trixie?

Feather Scribbles

(edited)

So, what is your opinion on Trixie Lunamoon?

Would you trust her? Would she trust you?

Would you like to be friends with her, and vice versa?

And predictions! Do you think Trixie will ever date anyone? And what do you think it would take to get close to Trixie (as a friend)?

c228877c6fbd2504e6134ed027d3fdb4.jpg

the_great_and_powerful_trixie_by_silverm

Edited by Feather Scribbles

As a character I like her very much

1. Design: Very pleasing color combination,  soothing blues complement each other very well  and the purple accessory adds a nice touch. though the mane and tail designs are bit simplistic for my taste but  they are alright.

2. Personality: Intriguing personality, motivations and backstory really flesh out her character and I enjoy seeing such growth.

Overall 8.7/10

• Brohoof 3

I would trust her but she's the last person I would want to be friends with. She is far to irritating and egotistical. I suppose as a character she works and it comes down to preference but I honestly find her annoying

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Feather Scribbles said:

Would you like to be friends with you, and vice versa?

And predictions! Do you think Trixie will ever date anyone? And what do you think it would take to get close to Trixie (as a friend)?

I think she's great! I really like character personality paired with Starlight Glimmers, the two just go great together :wub:

I would trust her, she's really developed well since her early days in the show, so I wouldn't really have much reason to not trust her.

I think being friends with her would be really fun! Maybe she could show me some of her tricks, I used to be into magic when I was little, so maybe she could rekindle that interest again :dash:

I'm not sure if she'll ever date anyone, I don't think she's shown much interest in dating anyways though :)

• Brohoof 2

She does have an issue with her own arrogance, although being a showpony that might come with the cape. Her relationship with Starlight may be the best thing that has ever happened to/for her though (for Starlight, not so much) - she hasn't really had a redemption episode yet (although her self-sacrifice in the changeling finale may count) and I would like to see her paired with Sunburst; she seems to be a more generalist unicorn than most (which of course suggests the question of why she and Starlight were not at celestia's school) and Starlight seems less than happy with the progress of their lessons (although as we see, she has the teacup spell down pat now, even if that's the only spell she has learned :D )

I find the fact she was the friend Sunset Shimmer needed in EqG interesting - while Sunset and Starlight are clearly different characters, their interaction with Trixie in both worlds may be what Trixie really needs to grow beyond her self centered arrogance.

My feelings are kind of mixed on Trixie,  I think she's an okay character,and she seems to be coming around more now that she's pals with Starlight, but yeah, her attitude does kind of grate on me after a while.

In pony world, I doubt we'd even speak to each other, and in the EG universe...well, I'd just be the kind old bus driver, so that would be the limit of that friendship.

4 hours ago, Manaka Hitomi said:

As a character I like her very much

1. Design: Very pleasing color combination,  soothing blues complement each other very well  and the purple accessory adds a nice touch. though the mane and tail designs are bit simplistic for my taste but  they are alright.

2. Personality: Intriguing personality, motivations and backstory really flesh out her character and I enjoy seeing such growth.

Overall 8.7/10

This sums up my thoughts. To add to it, I love the fact that her arc redeemed her without sacrificing her personality traits. 

• Brohoof 2

20 hours ago, Feather Scribbles said:

She's funny and I find a little more to like about her almost every time she appears. That recent Equestria Girls special did a great job of making her more interesting. 

21 hours ago, Feather Scribbles said:

Wold she trust me? Maybe. 

Would I trust her, or like to be friends with her? Not really. She seems sketchy. 

Would she want to be friends with me? Probably not, given that I would distrust her. 

Do you think Trixie will ever date anyone? 

Sure, it could happen. 

And what do you think it would take to get close to Trixie (as a friend)?

Starlight Glimmer got there simply by not judging her, so if you can tolerate her attitude it's probably not too hard. 

She's a self-absorbed, below-average illusionist. Other than that, she's very funny.

I wouldn't trust her at first in case she's up to one of her schemes.

Being friends with her would be fun.

Starlight Glimmer obviously.

1.She is an alright pony

2 Sure, I would. Maybe she will.

3. Would she like to be friends with me?

Had to ask her.

4. I have no idea. So far she never been in love, sort of speak.

Funny enough, Trixie was probably one of 2 ponies I actually knew in with the series before I ever watched it.  This guy I know was a fan of her and used her as his Xat pic.  Even had her name as his "The Great and Powerful Trixy"  He talked about her so much that I thought she had a bigger role in the series... have to remember this took place while she only had like 2 episodes she was really in.  I was a bit disappointed because I did like her catchphrase.

As for the character, I actually do like her.  I usually like big ego'd characters and even ones that refer to themselves in the first person.  I find them pretty enjoyable and even funny at times.  I And yeah I think I like her more that she's a good pony than a bad pony.  That ego makes her more fun and I find those 'annoying' bits to be kind of funny.  Admittedly, a few times the 'smoke bomb and you can see her running away' joke got a bit old after the 2nd time but that's really it.  I also enjoy her jealous and sarcasm at times and when she passes the blame on someone else.  :D

I think her jealousy also adds to her character too. So yeah.

Would you trust her? 

Well, I mean aside for overselling herself, she's not really done anything that would be untrusting... ok fine she inslaved the town due to her jealousy but even then I can forgive her and look past that easly.  She's a changed pony in her own way.

Would she trust you?

I mean I guess.  I wouldn't really know what would be untrusting... except se may assume that I will judge her for her past mistakes... but otherwise I don't think she'd think I'm untrustworthy.

Would I like to be Friends with myself?  Hmm... tough question...  Sorry, yeah there's a typo in your post.

But on to the actual question you meant.  Would I like to be friends with her... I mean she could be a hand full in her arrogance but I think that's more in her own ability and when she's called out on things she'll admit she's 'wrong' (to the extent that is Trixie) but she'll work on changing that issue.  So I don't see any reason not too.

Would she want to be friends with me?  Well, no.  because no one wants to be friends with me, why I have no friends.  But Seriously though, I doubt I'd really even be noticed by her.

And predictions! Do you think Trixie will ever date anyone?

Depends on what you mean by this.  If you mean in her life regardless of how long she's in the series/the series goes on... then I'd say yes.

As for if she'll date anyone in the show... tough call.  I mean for starters, they don't deal with romantic type relationships very often in the series... though true EG has hit on it more than FIM... so that version of Trixie has more of a chance.  And series do like to have interesting side characters get in relationships.. especially ones that are 'unusual' which fits Trixy.  But I can say it's possible but otherwise I couldn't say.

And what do you think it would take to get close to Trixie (as a friend)?

First of all, don't judge her on her past.  Be there for her if she needs it... be a good practice audience ;) and realize that despite her ego... she is trying her best and is having fun doing it.  So look past it.  And you'll be good. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love Trixie. She's so interesting, motivated and seldom misses an opportunity to advance her interests. I've got to admire someone with that kind of focus, even if it is self-serving. I would not trust her with my life, or with anything I held dear to be honest. But I doubt she'd have any reason not to trust me, in fact she'd probably recognize me as an easy mark and find some way to exploit that. All that considered, I'd love to be friends with her and I'm sure we'd get along. I wouldn't be surprised of Trixie ever dated anyone, especially if it was someone with a mutual interest or similar background (like Starlight Glimmer). 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

Judging by her pony self's relationship with Starlight, I think human Trix and I would have that kind of friendship where we tease and gratuitously  (in a good nature) insult each other XD

• Brohoof 2

Trixie is an interesting and funny character, I like her attitude and self esteem.

Her design is my second favorite after Rarity's (in EQG).

I liked the dynamic she had with Sunset in 'Forgotten Friendship', and absolutely love her pony counterpart's dynamic with Starlight Glimmer and Twilight Sparkle in FiM.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I found her way too annoying cause she reminded me of people who boast so much yet have nothing to show. On the other hand, I have also felt sorry for her at times, so overall, I'll say that I mildly dislike her. 

She got some real personality, and is quite interesting and funny in Equestria Girls. Thanks to her Equestria Girls appearances, she also managed to become quite an interesting pony in Equestria as well!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...