Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

One word to describe this fandom?

SticksLikeGlue

Diverse.

Besides that, there really is no one word to describe us...or any fandom for that matter. Not all of us are "creative", so creative is definitely not the right word, as only some of us are. Not saying most aren't, just saying not all.

• Brohoof 3

Would "appreciative" be a better word?

The same thing I said before applies. Not all bronies are appreciative, nor do they have to be.

The general idea of bronies having to "love and tolerate" everything is one thing I can't stand honestly. But that's an argument for another day.

Edited by Alpha Hedge
  • Brohoof 1

This topic is young, so I'd like to nip this issue in the bud. :okiedokielokie:

Please read the OP carefully: provide one word to describe the fandom and reasons why the word is applicable. Avoid leaving a post with one word followed by filler text to bypass the character minimum, if you can't come up with at least a brief explanation for the word you chose.

Thank you!

Imaginative.

I think that word helps encapsulate the diversity of creative output and socialization from this fandom. MLP has been fertile ground for people to envision a variety of worlds and outcomes beyond the conventional (e.g., "Only little girls should like this show!"). Such vision has been expressed through artwork, music, writing (fiction and non-fiction), social activism, and community building. In spite of what the occasional critic or troll might say about us, bronies are not one trick ponies!

• Brohoof 2

Passionate.

A lot of people enjoy writing stories about these characters, making their own within the MLP world, creating fanart and animations for it, analyzing the episodes, etc. Even if you're not one who creates this kind of stuff, you probably like to watch fan animations, look at fan art, read fan-created stories, etc, which makes you passionate about it!  

Edited by Mr Unknown
  • Brohoof 3

This topic is young, so I'd like to nip this issue in the bud. :okiedokielokie:

Please read the OP carefully: provide one word to describe the fandom and reasons why the word is applicable. Avoid leaving a post with one word followed by filler text to bypass the character minimum, if you can't come up with at least a brief explanation for the word you chose.

Thank you!

Imaginative.

I think that word helps encapsulate the diversity of creative output and socialization from this fandom. MLP has been fertile ground for people to envision a variety of worlds and outcomes beyond the conventional (e.g., "Only little girls should like this show!"). Such vision has been expressed through artwork, music, writing (fiction and non-fiction), social activism, and community building. In spite of what the occasional critic or troll might say about us, bronies are not one trick ponies!

Thank you, admin! Also, I never would've thought of the word "imaginative" before. :P

Admin, lock this topic before it turns into a flame war. Apparently there are to many negative people here and not enough positive 

A flame war? All I was doing was stating an opinion. Flame wars are all out wars against people using pointless insults. I'm pretty sure that's not happening here.

Now this, I can agree with a little more.

• Brohoof 1

All I was doing was stating an opinion.
Ok, I'm only going to say this once and drop it. :P Flame wars are based off of opinions and stupid closed minded people who have nothing better to do with there lives than to troll. :P:D

Flame wars are based off of opinions

Let me rephrase that. SOME of the things I said were facts. SOME were opinions. It's mix.

and stupid closed minded people who have nothing better to do with there lives than to troll. :P:D

Gee, thanks for the comment.

Excessive 

I choose this word because the fandom is mega excessive in so many areas when it comes to really creepy or Grimdark fanfics when the show it'self is very light hearted and friendly, extreme over analysis of a very simple storyline, people living their lives almost purely based on the fandom when being a brony no longer becomes a fan of the show but a way of life and takes over their reality. 

Excessive can be good too though in someways like conventions always look like a hella lot of fun, excessiveness can also lead to creativity and we see lots of decent artwork music work and stories etc that we might not have seen if the fandom was very arbitrary or stale.  

• Brohoof 2

Alright.

Because it's alright. I just came here to discuss the show, help PArc and listen to the epic music. But there's a negative side and a lot of bad fan fiction, ships and all that stuff. It's an alright fandom.

• Brohoof 2

Literal Chaos. We're so broken. We have the weirdos mixed in with the normal people, The non creative mixed in with the talented, the teenagers with the adults, and the shitpost in with the quality stuff. We're everywhere as well.

Chaotic. Its pretty funny tbh

• Brohoof 2

I don't like generalizing a fandom, but...

Negative.

Whenever it comes to something outside of the show itself, the fandom has quite a dreadful view of...well, everything. You try to mention something and people are quick to accentuate the bad things in any way (which I feel is a bit against what the show was going for in the first place...). Honestly the most frequent excuse I see on here is that "This happened, so humanity sucks" or "Humanity is destructive, evil, wrong, etc.". It even affects my mood at times seeing this overwhelming amount of people who think this way. (I get more annoyed when people claim that their pessimistic complaints are "realist".)

That is to say the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows either, but I feel that the show in the first place was supposed to encourage hope in everything and seeing the good in all sorts of people, even if they seem "evil" at first.

• Brohoof 1