Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Fallout Equestria: Aftermath

Flamestreak1990

(edited)

Well, here is my explanation. Before the whole 'end of the world' thing, Lupus was really good with electronics, so he started coding an AI and was able to finish it before the Mega-Spell hit. So when he woke up from Cryistasis, he pluged 'Sheila' into his PipBuck. And for the 'Puma', Lupus had been working on a power source that would last a while, yet also be compact. So after about two months of taking apart things inside the stable, he was able to build two RadCores. A device that feeds off of trace radiation from its surroundings and converts that to energy. He used one to build a RadShield, device that creates a shield around the user for a few minutes. He used the other to power a four-wheeler that had been collecting dust in the stable. But the RadCore has one fault, after 15 minutes it overheats and needs to cool off.

Edited by DamienBolt8592

(edited)

@, Let me tell you what Rad Absorption to usable energy would require in scientific terms and the outcome.

Ionised atoms from an Irradiated atmosphere will fall under the radioactive category, they do produce Gamma or Beta energy that is a usable source of energy, but not in the ways your thinking about it. Gamma energy, which is produced from radioactive isotopes is a wave based energy. This wave has no mass and it does not collide with anything, meaning no friction can be caused. Friction is a force which produces heat. Heat energy can be used in the usable energy source that you desire, but Gamma cannot. The only way that could work is Nuclear Fusion, normally it would be a process of nuclear fission, but since these atoms are already Ions and have been separated into the Alpha and Beta components, Nuclear fission cannot be preformed on them any more in a manner we can achieve. Not even full nuclear power plants can Ionise these atoms further. But again, Nuclear fusion is even more difficult that Fission, meaning that the engine you are using would have to be a full nuclear reactor compressed into something the size of a box. That is not physically possible in any regard. And even if it was, the amount of energy that would be required to even do the fusion to get the energy would be enormous. The size of huge scale nuclear power plant or the sun. Trying to compress that into something that could do use radioactive isotopes and gamma wave energy and a system for driving a car is not possible. Hence, I'm not convinced I should let you keep the vehicle. I didn't even mention that after more than 200 years the half-life decay of these radioactive isotopes would have rendered a majority of them with minuscule traces of energy due to nuclear decay. You cannot say something converts something to energy without giving me at least a shred of science behind it. Conversion is not a simple process as you make it out to be.

For note:

Nuclear Fission is the separation of an Atom into its Proton, Neutron and Electron components

Nuclear Fusion is the combining of Protons, Neutrons and Electrons to from elements and atoms

(In a general basic summary)

Edited by Child Of Darkness

@, Let me tell you what you, Rad Absorption to usable energy would require in scientific terms and the outcome.

Ionised atoms from an Irradiated atmosphere will fall under the radioactive category, they do produce Gamma or Beta energy that is a usable source of energy, but not in the ways your thinking about it. Gamma energy, which is produced from radioactive isotopes is a wave based energy. This wave has no mass and it does not collide with anything, meaning no friction can be caused. Friction is a force which produces heat. Heat energy can be used in the usable energy source that you desire, but Gamma cannot. The only way that could work is Nuclear Fusion, normally it would be a process of nuclear fission, but since these atoms are already Ions and have been separated into the Alpha and Beta components, Nuclear fission cannot be preformed on them any more in a manner we can achieve. Not even full nuclear power plants can Ionise these atoms further. But again, Nuclear fusion is even more difficult that Fission, meaning that the engine you are using would have to be a full nuclear reactor compressed into something the size of a box. That is not physically possible in any regard. And even if it was, the amount of energy that would be required to even do the fusion to get the energy would be enormous. The size of huge scale nuclear power plant or the sun. Trying to compress that into something that could do use radioactive isotopes and gamma wave energy and a system for driving a car is not possible. Hence, I'm not convinced I should let you keep the vehicle. I didn't even mention that after more than 200 years the half-life decay of these radioactive isotopes would have rendered a majority of them with minuscule traces of energy due to nuclear decay. You cannot say something converts something to energy without giving me at least a shred of science behind it. Conversion is not a simple process as you make it out to be.

For note:

Nuclear Fission is the separation of an Atom into its Proton, Neutron and Electron components

Nuclear Fusion is the combining of Protons, Neutrons and Electrons to from elements and atoms

(In a general basic summary)

I had no clue that much went behind it... I'll remove the Puma...

(edited)

Thank you for your cooperation

No problemo!

Thank you for your cooperation

We need to send out a group message to let everyone know to edit their posts. Edited by DamienBolt8592

Well important notices like this is why everyone should follow the OOC thread so we don't have to waste time sending out group messages. This places exists for a reason and it is a shame that people disregard this place because its not the main thread.

Point of the matter is that not enough people follow the OOC and take what is said in here seriously. Which is a shame, because I am now most likely going to have to waste my time and tell everyone individually about the changes. Lovely.

(edited)

I agree with Child of Darkness, I also recommend everybody just follow the oc, it makes things a tiny bit easier for everyone.

Edited by Ranger22

I just revealed a rather interesting yet complex and convoluted plot device that's unique to my character specifically. Is that okay?

I know I aint exactly the right person to tell you but I believe if it reasonably fits with the original stories lore and this rps lore it should be fine

Hmm. I'm wondering if I should introduce a new villain, since we seem to be lacking some of them. However, I don't have a full character sheet yet. Anyone interested, or should I just leave it as is?

@@Child Of Darkness

Well, as much as I'd like to balance out the overpowered-ness of the heroes, you seem to be taking care of the villains rather well. Not to mention that this character's existence is pretty much one giant spoiler, but...

Eh, y'know what, screw it. Lemme write a bad guy. :P

@,

Submission of a new character. He's a villain, but that may change under the right circumstances. He's more of just an obstacle to overcome.

Name: Sentinel Fourteen

Race: Earth Pony

Appearance: On the extremely rare occasion that he's seen outside of his Leviathan-Class Power Armor, Sentinel 14 is seen as a tall and buff dull-maroon earth pony with a sandy-colored mane. His remaining natural eye is a pale blue color, as the majority of his face is covered in a vital cybernetic attachment that allows him to breathe, talk, and digest food, as well as many other abilities. His left front leg and shoulder are also cybernetic. His cutie mark is a survival knife.

Sentinel 14's Leviathan-Class Power Armor has a sleeker and more refined look to it than normal T models of power armor. A much larger model than normal, the device is only pilotable by a large earth pony. The base skeleton of the armor is covered in several layers of a black, thick lattice material, giving it an appearance of "skin". Layered on top of the skin is a tight assortment of thick metal plates that fit together like a mosaic, and can be folded for maximum protection or extended to increase air resistance. Twin ice-blue headlights can be shone from the eye holes.

Aside from a snow-camouflage paintjob and a bold black L-014 printed across both flanks, the armor bears no other symbols or emblems.

Personality: Unlike the cold, emotionless beast he appears to those he murders helplessly, underneath the suit of armor is an actual pony, or what's left of one. When outside his armor, Sentinel 14 is actually quite amiable for the most part. He's a bit shy when confronted unarmored, but given the right circumstances, he can sometimes even appear friendly and courteous, though he regrets some of his past decisions and as such talks about them frequently. He is as transparent as could be, being completely honest as he hasn't learned how to tell a good lie. One might actually befriend him, but he avoids making relationships since he views them as a weakness that a cunning enemy could exploit.

However, once he's inside his suit, all emotions, feelings, and relationships go out the window, as in his own words, it's "time to deal with a situation". Inside his armor, he is a near-silent, remorseless killer. When stating facts it may seem as though he's boasting, but he can actually back up everything he says, since he can't lie. His voice changes from a friendly tone to that of a stone cold father reprimanding his son, and nothing anyone can do can change that until he's out of his armor.

Backstory: Originally part of a band of wastelanders who emerged from Stable 105's cryostasis chamber, an infection entirely chewed away his left front leg, as well as half of his face, and his group left him for dead. Struggling to survive, he managed to crawl to a hot spring. The boiling water killed the infection, but being unable to breathe with much ease forced him to pass out.

Remaining in a coma for three weeks, he emerged on an operating table inside a stronghold known as The Horseshoe. A faction called the Silvers had discovered him and granted him cybernetic implants, with the purpose of outfitting him for their Leviathan program. Over the course of five months, having helped in several decisive victories for the Silvers in the Second War of Domination, he was promoted to the rank of Silver Sentinel.

(This part is just regarding the plot of the roleplay, and will need to be approved)

After the Silvers were disbanded, Sentinel 14, having no clear direction as to what he was to do with himself, wandered northward and joined a faction of raiders called the White Stings. Despite first loathing the leader of the faction, Sentinel 14 managed to strike a deal with her -- in return for his services, she promised never to attempt to unlock the technologies of his L-01 suit. He now stands guard as one of the armored sentinels at the base of the White Stings.

Weapons and Armament:

• L-01 Power Armor (for roleplay purposes, simply treat the Leviathan armor as a bigger, slightly tougher version of the X-01 model)
  • Dual Saddle-Mounted High Powered Miniguns
  • Shoulder-Mounted Helix Rockets
  • Heat Detection and Variable Zoom Abilities (1x, 2.4x, 4.8x, 9.2x, 12x)

Other Notes:

Due to the lattice skin and sheer size of the armor, the L-01 power armor takes around 10 minutes to equip if he is doing so by himself. As such, if the attackers are spotted while he is outside of his armor, they have around 10 minutes before he can be deployed. This serves as his primary weakness.

When outside of his power armor, his weakest point is his face implant, as it serves as his primary respiratory device. However, a few well-placed shots through the mouthpiece of the L-01 power armor may damage the implant directly. This serves as his secondary weakness.

The magnetic field that holds the lattice skin in place sucks up power nearly twice as fast as a normal suit of Power Armor. Though it only takes him a moment to install a new core, it's a moment that he's not keeping an eye out. This serves as his tertiary weakness.

Foray has an unnatural fear of the L-01 power armor, and almost always reacts strongly and unpredictably towards it.

Just a side note, while I straight-up tell you his weaknesses in his bio, please don't make your heroes somehow know them, or simply figure them out with little effort. He's supposed to be a near-immoveable roadblock, and the heroes will either have to find a way to neutralize him, convert him to the good side, or work around him.

• Brohoof 1

@@Child Of Darkness

Well, as much as I'd like to balance out the overpowered-ness of the heroes, you seem to be taking care of the villains rather well. Not to mention that this character's existence is pretty much one giant spoiler, but...

@,

Submission of a new character. He's a villain, but that may change under the right circumstances. He's more of just an obstacle to overcome.

Appearance: On the extremely rare occasion that he's seen outside of his Leviathan-Class Power Armor, Sentinel 14 is seen as a tall and buff dull-maroon earth pony with a sandy-colored mane. His remaining natural eye is a pale blue color, as the majority of his face is covered in a vital cybernetic attachment that allows him to breathe, talk, and digest food, as well as many other abilities. His left front leg and shoulder are also cybernetic. His cutie mark is a survival knife.

Sentinel 14's Leviathan-Class Power Armor has a sleeker and more refined look to it than normal T models of power armor. A much larger model than normal, the device is only pilotable by a large earth pony. The base skeleton of the armor is covered in several layers of a black, thick lattice material, giving it an appearance of "skin". Layered on top of the skin is a tight assortment of thick metal plates that fit together like a mosaic, and can be folded for maximum protection or extended to increase air resistance. Twin ice-blue headlights can be shone from the eye holes.

Aside from a snow-camouflage paintjob and a bold black L-014 printed across both flanks, the armor bears no other symbols or emblems.

Personality: Unlike the cold, emotionless beast he appears to those he murders helplessly, underneath the suit of armor is an actual pony, or what's left of one. When outside his armor, Sentinel 14 is actually quite amiable for the most part. He's a bit shy when confronted unarmored, but given the right circumstances, he can sometimes even appear friendly and courteous, though he regrets some of his past decisions and as such talks about them frequently. He is as transparent as could be, being completely honest as he hasn't learned how to tell a good lie. One might actually befriend him, but he avoids making relationships since he views them as a weakness that a cunning enemy could exploit.

However, once he's inside his suit, all emotions, feelings, and relationships go out the window, as in his own words, it's "time to deal with a situation". Inside his armor, he is a near-silent, remorseless killer. When stating facts it may seem as though he's boasting, but he can actually back up everything he says, since he can't lie. His voice changes from a friendly tone to that of a stone cold father reprimanding his son, and nothing anyone can do can change that until he's out of his armor.

Backstory: Originally part of a band of wastelanders who emerged from Stable 105's cryostasis chamber, an infection entirely chewed away his left front leg, as well as half of his face, and his group left him for dead. Struggling to survive, he managed to crawl to a hot spring. The boiling water killed the infection, but being unable to breathe with much ease forced him to pass out.

Remaining in a coma for three weeks, he emerged on an operating table inside a stronghold known as The Horseshoe. A faction called the Silvers had discovered him and granted him cybernetic implants, with the purpose of outfitting him for their Leviathan program. Over the course of five months, having helped in several decisive victories for the Silvers in the Second War of Domination, he was promoted to the rank of Silver Sentinel.

(This part is just regarding the plot of the roleplay, and will need to be approved)

After the Silvers were disbanded, Sentinel 14, having no clear direction as to what he was to do with himself, wandered northward and joined a faction of raiders called the White Stings. Despite first loathing the leader of the faction, Sentinel 14 managed to strike a deal with her -- in return for his services, she promised never to attempt to unlock the technologies of his L-01 suit. He now stands guard as one of the armored sentinels at the base of the White Stings.

Weapons and Armament:

• L-01 Power Armor (for roleplay purposes, simply treat the Leviathan armor as a bigger, slightly tougher version of the X-01 model)

Other Notes:

Due to the lattice skin and sheer size of the armor, the L-01 power armor takes around 10 minutes to equip if he is doing so by himself. As such, if the attackers are spotted while he is outside of his armor, they have around 10 minutes before he can be deployed. This serves as his primary weakness.

When outside of his power armor, his weakest point is his face implant, as it serves as his primary respiratory device. However, a few well-placed shots through the mouthpiece of the L-01 power armor may damage the implant directly. This serves as his secondary weakness.

The magnetic field that holds the lattice skin in place sucks up power nearly twice as fast as a normal suit of Power Armor. Though it only takes him a moment to install a new core, it's a moment that he's not keeping an eye out. This serves as his tertiary weakness.

Foray has an unnatural fear of the L-01 power armor, and almost always reacts strongly and unpredictably towards it.

Just a side note, while I straight-up tell you his weaknesses in his bio, please don't make your heroes somehow know them, or simply figure them out with little effort. He's supposed to be a near-immoveable roadblock, and the heroes will either have to find a way to neutralize him, convert him to the good side, or work around him.

I really like the effort you put into this character and I commend you for it. I kinda don't feel comfortable seeing the new stuff in the rp cause it just feels awkward when the story is put into consideration especially power armor and those who have better versions than steelrangers, the guys the suits were made for. I'm still enjoying it however.

Edited by Ranger22

@@Child Of Darkness

@,

Weapons and Armament:

Other Notes:

Huh, interestingly enough, this guy's personality in and out of armor are very similar to Kronos'. I can easily see this guy as an equal, if not more powerful, rival to Kronos. Sounds good for me.

Huh, interestingly enough, this guy's personality in and out of armor are very similar to Kronos'. I can easily see this guy as an equal, if not more powerful, rival to Kronos. Sounds good for me.

lol I don't know, I don't see this guy itching for fights and hurting himself.

• Brohoof 1

@@Child Of Darkness

@,

Weapons and Armament:

Other Notes:

I like it! but I need some more stats. Such as Special, perks, etc.

lol I don't know, I don't see this guy itching for fights and hurting himself.

said the Steel Ranger

• Brohoof 1

@@Child Of Darkness,  Well, as much as I'd like to balance out the overpowered-ness of the heroes, you seem to be taking care of the villains rather well. Not to mention that this character's existence is pretty much one giant spoiler, but... Eh, y'know what, screw it. Lemme write a bad guy. :P@, Submission of a new character. He's a villain, but that may change under the right circumstances. He's more of just an obstacle to overcome. 

Name: Sentinel Fourteen Age: Mid-thirties Gender: Male Race: Earth Pony Appearance: On the extremely rare occasion that he's seen outside of his Leviathan-Class Power Armor, Sentinel 14 is seen as a tall and buff dull-maroon earth pony with a sandy-colored mane. His remaining natural eye is a pale blue color, as the majority of his face is covered in a vital cybernetic attachment that allows him to breathe, talk, and digest food, as well as many other abilities. His left front leg and shoulder are also cybernetic. His cutie mark is a survival knife. Sentinel 14's Leviathan-Class Power Armor has a sleeker and more refined look to it than normal T models of power armor. A much larger model than normal, the device is only pilotable by a large earth pony. The base skeleton of the armor is covered in several layers of a black, thick lattice material, giving it an appearance of "skin". Layered on top of the skin is a tight assortment of thick metal plates that fit together like a mosaic, and can be folded for maximum protection or extended to increase air resistance. Twin ice-blue headlights can be shone from the eye holes. Aside from a snow-camouflage paintjob and a bold black L-014 printed across both flanks, the armor bears no other symbols or emblems. Personality: Unlike the cold, emotionless beast he appears to those he murders helplessly, underneath the suit of armor is an actual pony, or what's left of one. When outside his armor, Sentinel 14 is actually quite amiable for the most part. He's a bit shy when confronted unarmored, but given the right circumstances, he can sometimes even appear friendly and courteous, though he regrets some of his past decisions and as such talks about them frequently. He is as transparent as could be, being completely honest as he hasn't learned how to tell a good lie. One might actually befriend him, but he avoids making relationships since he views them as a weakness that a cunning enemy could exploit. However, once he's inside his suit, all emotions, feelings, and relationships go out the window, as in his own words, it's "time to deal with a situation". Inside his armor, he is a near-silent, remorseless killer. When stating facts it may seem as though he's boasting, but he can actually back up everything he says, since he can't lie. His voice changes from a friendly tone to that of a stone cold father reprimanding his son, and nothing anyone can do can change that until he's out of his armor. Backstory: Originally part of a band of wastelanders who emerged from Stable 105's cryostasis chamber, an infection entirely chewed away his left front leg, as well as half of his face, and his group left him for dead. Struggling to survive, he managed to crawl to a hot spring. The boiling water killed the infection, but being unable to breathe with much ease forced him to pass out. Remaining in a coma for three weeks, he emerged on an operating table inside a stronghold known as The Horseshoe. A faction called the Silvers had discovered him and granted him cybernetic implants, with the purpose of outfitting him for their Leviathan program. Over the course of five months, having helped in several decisive victories for the Silvers in the Second War of Domination, he was promoted to the rank of Silver Sentinel. (This part is just regarding the plot of the roleplay, and will need to be approved) After the Silvers were disbanded, Sentinel 14, having no clear direction as to what he was to do with himself, wandered northward and joined a faction of raiders called the White Stings. Despite first loathing the leader of the faction, Sentinel 14 managed to strike a deal with her -- in return for his services, she promised never to attempt to unlock the technologies of his L-01 suit. He now stands guard as one of the armored sentinels at the base of the White Stings. Weapons and Armament:

Other Notes: Due to the lattice skin and sheer size of the armor, the L-01 power armor takes around 10 minutes to equip if he is doing so by himself. As such, if the attackers are spotted while he is outside of his armor, they have around 10 minutes before he can be deployed. This serves as his primary weakness. When outside of his power armor, his weakest point is his face implant, as it serves as his primary respiratory device. However, a few well-placed shots through the mouthpiece of the L-01 power armor may damage the implant directly. This serves as his secondary weakness. The magnetic field that holds the lattice skin in place sucks up power nearly twice as fast as a normal suit of Power Armor. Though it only takes him a moment to install a new core, it's a moment that he's not keeping an eye out. This serves as his tertiary weakness. Foray has an unnatural fear of the L-01 power armor, and almost always reacts strongly and unpredictably towards it.

I don't mind another bad guy, if you ask me it's just someone else to hold me at gun point so... Why not?

I like it! but I need some more stats. Such as Special, perks, etc.

Eugh... um...

Really I don't see a point in me giving him S.P.E.C.I.A.L., since none of those really matter if he's inside an armored suit. He obviously can't dodge automatics, can't run very fast, etc., but is super strong and durable inside his suit. I don't plan to roleplay him a lot outside of his suit, but I can probably come up with some stats.

I'm just saying, I don't think he really needs them. He's a dude with power armor and miniguns... I don't think your Special matters much when you're like that. XD

Eugh... um...

Really I don't see a point in me giving him S.P.E.C.I.A.L., since none of those really matter if he's inside an armored suit. He obviously can't dodge automatics, can't run very fast, etc., but is super strong and durable inside his suit. I don't plan to roleplay him a lot outside of his suit, but I can probably come up with some stats.

I'm just saying, I don't think he really needs them. He's a dude with power armor and miniguns... I don't think your Special matters much when you're like that. XD

Hazel has power armor and two heavy weapons and he still has a special, follow the ruuuuuules

Edited by Ranger22