Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Forum banner recycling.

DaringDashie

Hello there!

I'm not really certain how to make a full post on a topic like this so I guess I'll just get straight to the point.

I don't know if this is already a thing or if its been asked before but, I was wandering if at any point in time banners that have already been showcased on the forums will ever make a re-appearance.

I ask because I'm not a super active member here and, tend to miss out on a lot of the cool looking banners. Banners Iv seen in the banner archive thread as well as in general that went up at some point or another but, never really got to appreciate. 

I'm not so much trying to say err ask that the old banners should be thrown back up because I missed out on them. I just thought it would be cool to see old banners that were really popular come back for the sake of nostalgia or something. You know, like watching an old movie you really enjoyed or playing an old video game you were fond of.

I also think it'd be cool if you're a new forum member that has never seen a specific banner or, an old member that has been away form the forms for a while to come back and see a banner that you've never seen before re-displayed on the forums.

Although I have no idea if this is possible or not or if the banners are held on to for that long but it was just a thought.  :rarity:

It used to be fairly simple to create banners for the site a couple of years ago, although with the change in design came a few more requirements for banner creators. These added requirements plus having a few of our regular banner makers leave lead to a drop in the number of submissions. Im not sure how many we're currently getting but it's probably inevitable that we'll see some repeats, though that's not a bad thing.