Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Disney did own Hasbro and then released the movie with their name on it

cider float

And when Disney owns the MLP brand, the Fandom will die, because Disney isn't accepting of any fanworks whatsoever.

• Brohoof 3

HASBRO, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF THE UNIVERSE, DON'T LET DISNEY OWN YOU! PLEASE! 

I would probably quit the fandom. Fan-made stuff is a major part of why I'm a Brony. Disney is the reason fictional characters and media are copyrighted, and they are strict about it. 

• Brohoof 2

I would be horrified if Disney acquired Hasbro. Disney shit on their traditional hand drawn animated department, shit on Star Wars and I'm sure they'll shit on Pixar and Marvel sooner rather then later.

Disney doesn't need anything else if you ask me.

Besides, Michael Bay and John Chu already shit on three of Hasbro's properties with Hasbro's blessings. (I liked the first GI Joe movie though)

Why does MLP need to be more "mainstream" or more "acceptable?" ;: / (I don't know what this face is, exactly.)

Agreed. It's already one of Hasbro's biggest cash cows. How much more mainstream and popular does it really need to be? Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

Oh dear lord, don't let Disney own the MLP franchise. Just imagine all the setbacks that would occur.

• Disney would be much more protective of letting show staff go to conventions and talk openly about the show
  • The gender stereotypes of pink and blue would be thrust way back in everyone's face
  • Fan projects and creations would be much more prone to be taken down
  • @Leave a Whisper is right about their animation department. I don't want to see the animation team milked out for all it's worth.
  • The merchandising would also have to take a major step back. I don't remember Disney very well for having any great toys.

Please, Disney, just keep your entire Frozen thing and don't lay a finger on our beloved show.

• Brohoof 1

If Disney buys Hasbro, it will be the literal end of this world. (I am not serious of course, I just really DO NOT want that to happen.) MLP would probably plummet, Transformers would most likely suck. (If you lay a finger on Optimus Prime, Disney, you will have to answer to me.)

And when Disney owns the MLP brand, the Fandom will die, because Disney isn't accepting of any fanworks whatsoever.

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

Look at how far Marvel got from Disney's funding. 

Heck MLP might be able to make more than one movie under Disney's wing.

Edited by cider float

List of reasons this would suck ass:

1-Because of Disney's endless pandering to retarded little girls, we go back to G1 quality (Or G3 if we were unlucky)

2-The merchandise would get worse. Ok, so assuming that they buy Hasbro in this second, they would cancel Guardians Of Harmony, sue We Love Fine, cancel most of the shit that Bronies would enjoy (You know, the things that aren't pieces of plastic with a wig glued on) and stop making Official Pony shirts in a size for adults

3-It would kill the fandom. Why? They are REALLY bitchy with copyright and would shut down any fan project, including: Music, Art, Games and even Cons

FiM doesn't really need this type of exposure, primarily because the fandom has already given it that exposure. MLP is more famous now than it has ever been, by far and we don't need Disney meddling in with it. While I have heard they are lenient with subsidiaries that they own, I don't think they would be so kind to the fandom. 

List of reasons this would suck ass:

1-Because of Disney's endless pandering to retarded little girls, we go back to G1 quality (Or G3 if we were unlucky)

2-The merchandise would get worse. Ok, so assuming that they buy Hasbro in this second, they would cancel Guardians Of Harmony, sue We Love Fine, cancel most of the shit that Bronies would enjoy (You know, the things that aren't pieces of plastic with a wig glued on) and stop making Official Pony shirts in a size for adults

3-It would kill the fandom. Why? They are REALLY bitchy with copyright and would shut down any fan project, including: Music, Art, Games and even Cons

Wow, misogynistic much? My Little Pony n Friends is a Fantasy Adventure. I dunno what the hell Lauren Faust said she watched, I own the box set. The original was and still is extremely popular. Don't judge what you haven't seen.

• Brohoof 2

I love disney movies they are great but on the bussiness side if things they are as bad as EA. They would destroy every fan animation, drawing or any other fan work out there with great vengeance. So no thanks I think hasbro can do this themselves.

I'm a huge Disney fan, so I'm kinda torn here.

I agree that the corporate side of Disney can l be pretty nasty, but there's a lot of good elsewhere. I can see it ending up really great or really badly. I have no way of being sure which one would happen though.

I think it'd be cool if they let Hasbro keep most of the control, but got permission to use their stuff some too, so we could add Mlp merchandise to the Disney parks, get their marketing, and maybe eventually get rides, specially designed areas, and maybe even meet and greets. If Disney let Hasbro do what they're doing now and just added to it, it could be great. I would hope it'd go that way. And I'm just gonna pretend that it's be that way, since I haven't heard any news of Disney trying to get in on Mlp. It's just a thought, as far as I know.

If Disney owned Hasbro, the movie would probably be CGI and the budget would be similar to the 1994 movie "True Lies" which had a budget of $100 million and Disney would have used hat much money on special effects.

Also the movie would be over hyped with advertising of the movie appearing everywhere.

Am I the only one imagining Equestrian Skies filled with Tie Fighters and a death Star in the shape of a Mickey Mouse Head? 

death-star-mickey.jpg

Emperor Mickey has sent his Armada, and his sights are set on Equestria. That is like preemo gag fanfic material right there

Am I the only one imagining Equestrian Skies filled with Tie Fighters and a death Star in the shape of a Mickey Mouse Head? 

sig-4387822.death-star-mickey.jpg

Emperor Mickey has sent his Armada, and his sights are set on Equestria. That is like preemo gag fanfic material right there

I didn't see any Disney stamp or influence placed on the Marvel movies.