Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Simple Ponyclock - My Little Pony Countdowns and Dates

mrx1983

(edited)

sig-4412458.banner.jpg

http://simple.ponyclock.com/

I build a Pony Timeplaner / Pony Date Overview.

It shows all important Pony Dates with Countdowns clearly sorted in the Users Time.

No matter where one lives, one always gets the Time that corresponds to his Timezone.

The Dates have different categorie icons for a better overview.

One can filter by books, media, conventions.

Some Dates are linked to additional information pages or sources.

It sync with the Server every 30min, and recreate the list if there are new dates, without reloading of the site.

It color marks the dates that are reached soon within the next 24h, it keeps expired dates for 24h, and finally removes it.

The Site Works on mobile devices and computers, with very little Traffic.

Has the Design of the Book Horse.

I hope you like it, and it helps you to keep track of the times.

Edited by mrx1983
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

This is familiar, don't know from where *cough* Sonic Rainboom *cough* but really familiar, isn't it. Mrx1983? (Who i totally don't know from another forum *wink*)

ah yes, the brazil forum. great to see you here ^^

as one of the biggest pony forums i thought i would post it also here, so many people can take advantage of the tool.

Seems like effort was put into this.  Thirty-four days (currently) until the next Daring Do book releases?  Damn.

eeyup took me some time to build it.

i build ponyclock.com before, but it really showed only one countdown, and some more if one clicked on the countdown date.

also it was not really build for mobile devices.

this new site works with any device, and gives a great overview over any relevant date (or maybe 99% of all relevant dates).

oh and the trixie book was delayed until next year (poor seth).

but i was really surprised, i have seen from time to time that a book countdown popped up on eqd, but i never thought that there are so many pony books and comics out there.

really great to see that there is so much pony stuff out there.

This is really neat ^^ I wish I could go to the ponycon in Japan -- that would be the best of both worlds, haha. ^_^

yeah japan is a great country. my brother flies there from time to time. great culture and beatiful scenery.

if one has the money one should definitely fly there and combine the japan and convention visit together.

thailand has also a convention soon. also a good place for a little visit.

-------

oh and someone just had the first connect to my site to a wp-login.php file.

but one will have a hard time finding word press or any cms here.

it maybe looks like wordpress, but it is not, completely programmed by myself.

it is not even php, it is just javascript and html5, with no admin or user interface.

Edited by mrx1983

Ooooh, I thought this was gonna be a physical clock. XD Still, this is quite cool. :3 I always love countdown timers and such. I say well done. ^__^

thx ^^

yeah it sounds a little bit like a physical clock because of the domain name.

but since ponycountdown was already taken, i thought ponyclock would also a good name for a similar thing/site.

Neat! Now I know that there's a convention in Columbus.

eeyup after a suggestion from someone i put the names of the city's in the brackets, so one directly see if a convention is in the near surrounding.

(edited)

I just have coded something for my Synchtube Channel.

Just put this in the Synchtube Javascript Field and you have a fancy Countdown Clock

for the Season Premiere:

function pad(number)
{
	if(number<10)return "0"+number;
	else return number;
}

function counter()
{
 var diff=1459004400000-Date.now();
 if(diff<=0){thediv.parentNode.removeChild(thediv);return;}

var tage=Math.floor(diff / (24 * 60 * 60 * 1000));
 diff=diff-tage*(24 * 60 * 60 * 1000);

var stunden=Math.floor(diff / (60 * 60 * 1000));
 diff=diff-stunden*(60 * 60 * 1000);

var minuten=Math.floor(diff / (60 * 1000));
 diff=diff-minuten*(60 * 1000);

var sekunden=Math.floor(diff / (1000));

thediv.innerText=tage+":"+pad(stunden)+":"+pad(minuten)+":"+pad(sekunden);
 setTimeout(counter,1000);
}

if(!thediv)
{
var thediv=document.createElement("div");
thediv.innerHTML='----';
thediv.style.cssText='position:absolute;top:20px;right:50px;text-shadow:1px 1px 2px black, 1px -1px 2px black, -1px 1px 2px black, -1px -1px 2px black;font-size:24px;font-family:verdana;color:white;';
document.getElementById('videowrap').appendChild(thediv);
counter();
}

Edited by mrx1983

This is both cool and useful, I remember seeing sites that just have the next season countdown and this site takes it further by having the season countdown and other related countdowns included. I like the idea of mobile support, something as simple as this should be enjoyed by mobile users too. :) I'm sure if someone could figure it out this would be a nice widget to have on other sites that would benefit from having a countdown on them as well.

(edited)

thx ^^ yes there are some sites now that have the next season countdown.

and for the most part that is sufficient.

but it has some flaws:

- if you have maybe 2 episodes right behind each other, you will not directly see it.

- you can't directly see later episodes or the changes.

- if you have another important countdown for maybe a comic, you can't have the countdown for the comic and the episode.

equestria daily had that often in the hiatus, that you have a countdown for a comic.

but during the season time, you can't have both the comic countdown and the episode countdown.

the same goes if we now get a spinoff series. you can't really have countdowns for both at the same time.

- also what many sites missing is a date and time. it is great to watch a countdown,

but it is more important to have an exact date and time in the viewers timezone.

so yeah the site takes it further by giving a better overview over all this things.

and including not only the episodes but also other important dates ^^

Edited by mrx1983
  • Brohoof 1