Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ashen Pathfinder

That's one thing I really noticed that really set Sombra apart from the other Umbrum. Even though Rabia didn't gloat about that specific thing, she was still gloating in general. However Sombra, being genre savy as he is, never gloated nor got overconfident. It's a marked contrast.

*Was extremely glad Sombra retained that trait from the show.*

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

What's with the Alicorn Amulet just lying there for whatever reason?

It's part of my headcanon regarding Sombra. My theory (which will probably be proven wrong) is that Sombra created the amulet for the purpose of emulating alicorn powers. As we know after "Magic Duel" Zecora pretty much kept it with her in some capacity. Now, one of the various scenario ideas I've been playing around with has Sombra using the umbrum like the ring-wraiths; and these three find that Zecora has the amulet and are trying to take it by force.

It's part of my headcanon regarding Sombra. My theory (which will probably be proven wrong) is that Sombra created the amulet for the purpose of emulating alicorn powers. As we know after "Magic Duel" Zecora pretty much kept it with her in some capacity. Now, one of the various scenario ideas I've been playing around with has Sombra using the umbrum like the ring-wraiths; and these three find that Zecora has the amulet and are trying to take it by force.

Umbrum as the Ringwraiths? Interesting.

Umbrum as the Ringwraiths? Interesting.

Yeah; though not entirely. The umbrum are still an independent species; they do follow the will of King Sombra when it comes to it; like they did in the comics. If there is something he seeks, they will find it.

Yeah; though not entirely. The umbrum are still an independent species; they do follow the will of King Sombra when it comes to it; like they did in the comics. If there is something he seeks, they will find it.

In that case, If Sombra wants Twilight, Twilight's gonna be running halfway across Equestria.

In that case, If Sombra wants Twilight, Twilight's gonna be running halfway across Equestria.

Considering the size of Sombr's empire in the alternate reality, and now having the Umbrum to help him, not even that might help Twilight. XD

I am now Imagining Twilight and War Dash fighting the Umbrum.

Actually; that brings up an interesting thought. We saw Sombra take charge of the army of hypnotized crystal ponies against the main Equestrian force; it makes me think Sombra could save the umbrum for the element-bearers.

Granted there were no element-bearers in that alternate future, but in case Sombra actually came out victorious after his return, using the Umbrum as such could be a strategy.

Actually; that brings up an interesting thought. We saw Sombra take charge of the army of hypnotized crystal ponies against the main Equestrian force; it makes me think Sombra could save the umbrum for the element-bearers.

Granted there were no element-bearers in that alternate future, but in case Sombra actually came out victorious after his return, using the Umbrum as such could be a strategy.

Maybe.

• 7 months later...

Don't see much Umbrum art; period. However, this BABScon 2017 has a rather terrifying depiction of them at the bottom of this. :)

babscon_2017__king_sombra___origins_by_e

http://eosphorite.deviantart.com/art/Babscon-2017-King-Sombra-Origins-677700914

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Ummm, Sunset Shimmer, these are not the type of friends to be making. :blink:

besties_by_chasingthesilverstag-dbu5m1s.

Source: https://chasingthesilverstag.deviantart.com/art/Besties-715778272

beautiful_friendship_by_mustlovefrogs-db

Source: https://mustlovefrogs.deviantart.com/art/Beautiful-Friendship-682403659

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow missed this one, and it's pretty much how Rabia tried to play Sombra. Nicely captured.

dark_seduction_by_itstaylor_made-dbou84z

Source: https://redchetgreen.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Seduction-706848947

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...