Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personal Challenge - Malking The Best Of The Worst

MDLineArt

Ok, so after a discussion broke out about what people hated about OCs, I thought it would be fun to purposely build an OC based on what everyone hated, and trying to spin it a way to make it interesting.  I am likely to fall flat on my face on this one, but I figured I ask for some consensus.

So far, the two biggest prominent features are it has to be an Alicorn, and it has to feature Black and Red as core colour palette, so that has some of the visuals down.  What else could we do and try to reverse engineer a three denominational character out of it (The WORST way to build an OC).

But just to make it interesting, I want a curve ball from some of the community.  First Three suggestions of what you commonly HATE about some OCs, and let's see if I can find a way to make it interesting rather that face-desk soul-crushingly bad.

Expect this to fail gloriously!

Right.

1) It needs to be an Alicorn for the stupidest reason

2) It needs to be able to break the fourth wall, but in the bad way

3) It needs to apparently be related to all of the Mane 6 as well as the princesses

• Brohoof 1

Ok, right out of the gate:

Nighttide Whisper:  Prince (Yes we're going for a colt) of Fevered Dreams (We're going to encroach him on Luna Territory, because we're gonna tie him into the Nightmare Moon plot)

The reason he breaks the fourth wall is because as the Prince of Fevered Dreams, he is put into bouts of madness.  In fact, his dark secret is that he is indirectly responsible for Luna becoming Nightmare Moon.

I think that's enough face-palm to work with.  So here's the question:  Do you think we can turn this core concept and execute it in a way that could go from face-desk to kinda awesome?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recycled from a bingo sheet I'm making

Can fly and use magic ( or any equivalent ), Tragic backstory, Black and red, Chaos magic, overpowered, Ties with mane six, 50 word backstory, Hybrid, pony generator, non-canon race, 1 dimensional, has 1 element of harmony or more

@@Watcher or Stalker?

Not sure if you caught the character sheet (Post Above Yours).  I pretty much played Bingo with the suggestions and tried to write it into something interesting.  Working on illustration to give him a bit more of a standout look, making him the best of the worst that I can.  Looking for feedback.

Tell me, how many does he hit on your bingo-sheet?

• 2 weeks later...