Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Old Cartoons

1Fluttershy

After somepony reminded me of a show I liked (thank you Fluttershy!), I felt like making a thread for old cartoons that some of us may have enjoyed. Also, we have an anime thread, so why not have one for cartoons?

So...who else liked Rocko's Modern Life and Hey Arnold?

• Brohoof 2

I liked them! :P

I also like Bonkers, Sonic (Any of the old cartoons), Marsupilami, Mighty Ducks, Tom & Jerry, Looney Toons, Tiny Toons, Fraidy Kat, Hoppity Hooper, Felix The Cat, Road Rovers, Popeye the Sailor...the list goes on and on.

• Brohoof 1

Rockie and bullwinkle is one of mah faveriot old cartoons (Well, the oldest in mah list in terms of when it was made), used to watch it all the time when the show was aired in the 90s.......it would be nice if it was still around though

Blazing dragons was another old cartoon I like alot as well........Aside from those two, I can't think of alot else

Cartoon Sushi, Aeon Flux, Ren and Stimpy, Sonic SatM, Mighty Max, Fox Kids Spiderman, Street Sharks, Double Dragon, Bo Jackson's All-Stars, Captain Planet...

I think I could go on forever.

Anything that was on Cartoon Network while Toonami still aired. Those were the golden days of Cartoon Network.

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Johnny Bravo

The Powerpuff Girls

Dexter's Laboratory

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Samurai Jack

Codename: Kids Next Door

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Tom and Jerry

I'm amazed none of you have mentioned the Powerpuff Girls nor Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Edited by Linguz
  • Brohoof 1

Anything that was on Cartoon Network while Toonami still aired. Those were the golden days of Cartoon Network.

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Johnny Bravo

The Powerpuff Girls

Dexter's Laboratory

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Samurai Jack

Codename: Kids Next Door

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Tom and Jerry

I'm amazed none of you have mentioned the Powerpuff Girls nor Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

Well, Powerpuff girls was my favorite show for years as a Child.

As Foster's is still one of my favorite shows.

Cheese For Life.

Samurai Jack was awesome, but I don't remember watching it very often when I was young. A friend of mine has been having online "movie nights" were we all watch streamed videos he uploads, and he recently showed the first three episodes of Samurai Jack. It was as awesome as I remember it, if only for Aku's voice.

I remember I used to watch the X-Men cartoon (the one with the really, really awesome theme music). I don't remember much of the show, but I remember the theme music.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was a favourite of mine. Again, I don't remember much of the episodes, but I remember the awesome theme music.

Now that I think about it, apart from Dangermouse I mostly just remember shows' theme music rather than actual shows themselves.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was a favourite of mine. Again, I don't remember much of the episodes, but I remember the awesome theme music.

Teenage mutant ninja turtles

Living underground...

Ahem,

I loved TMNT. SO much.

Samurai Jack never got a proper ending...they've had plans to make some sort of movie for years but nothing has happened :(

I heard about that - apparently the series ended with him carrying a baby around or something like that?

Hopefully the movie will get out of "development hell" at some point so we can experience the full glory of Samurai Jack's victory over the evil that is Aku!

• Brohoof 1

The cartoons I enjoyed the most when I grew up were Cartoon Cartoons. I actually didn't get Cartoon Network until around late 4th Grade. It was one channel out too far for our reception. I could kind of watch it before then but not really. So I actually grew up with Nicktoons but I really think that Cartoon Cartoons were better.

The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Courage The Cowardly Dog etc. You can't beat those! I also really enjoyed Ed, Edd and Eddy, but these days I don't really "get" it anymore. The rest of them I could probably watch just fine. The ironic thing is that Courage The Cowardly Dog I enjoy a lot more these days than I did back then. I still very much liked the show back then (There was this episode called "Hot Head" that was like the funniest thing ever to me for some reason) but now that I'm more mature and have a more mature sense of humor I enjoy it a lot more.

Powerpuff Girls was always my favorite, though.

Ed, Edd 'n Eddy was my life back then.

you know

before our cable TV got cut off for 5-6 years.

now the show sucks suddenly

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!

Lol. Yeah, I thought that show was hilarious back when I was in late elementary school but going back to it today I really don't understand what I liked about it.

Old Spongebob is worth mentioning.

Post-Spongebob movie the show began going down hill until it hit the mindless garbage it is today

Old spongebob is the best spongebob.

The plot now is like

"Derp."

• Brohoof 1

I use to like so many old shows... until I tried to watch them again... yeah...some things was best left forgotten in my memory.

Use to love Hey Arnorld... but why is he such a buzz kill.

never liked Ren and Stimpy or two stupid dogs

The old tmnt was okay... I just wish it tried to stay to the comics.

Old Spongebob... feels like new spongebob... they both aren't funny

looking back now Rocko's modern life was pretty bland.

so much I could really say... but yeah...

I liked Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Two Angry Beavers, and The First generation Sonic cartoon.

Which one? There were two that came out at relatively the same time. SatAM (The one with Princess Sally) or Adventures (More cartoony)

Which one? There were two that came out at relatively the same time. SatAM (The one with Princess Sally) or Adventures (More cartoony)

The adventures was the first generation the one with sally was the third (sonic underground was the second.)