food What new food/restaraunt have you tried and loved it?

ManaMinori

You guys can cheat, and just give the restaraunt if you just foud a simiar enough food that you always eat, just prepared differently than what you're used to.

For me, it's shrimp tacos. Now, I'm no stranger to shimp tacos. I used to go nuts for them at Del Taco, until I guess tey lost their spark. But my bible teacher invited me to lunch at her usual lunch spot, El Pollo Loco, some months ago, and O.M.G. their shrimp avocado tacos!!!! (Gowd, I want some right now) I usually shy away from avocado if it's not in sushi, but these tacos, man! And the shimp is cooked TO PERFECTION. Not coated with batter and quick to get soggy, like Del Tao's shirimp. The avocado provides creaminess, crunchy cabbage, meaty, jiucy shrimp, and deliciously spicy sauce. It's heaven. My new food love.

Have you guys tried a new food or restaraunt with an old favorite food prepared differently, that you've fallen hard for?

• Brohoof 2

I like and have eaten a variety of fish, but I only recently tried mahi mahi.  Think I had the choice between broiled, fried, and blackened; went with broiled.  Even if it hadn't come with sides (they mistakenly gave me nothing but hush puppies - and a lot of them), the fish alone would have been worth the price.  I don't understand how such a funky-looking fish can taste so damn good.

A while back, I had bacon-wrapped shrimp from the same restaurant; also amazing.

• Brohoof 1

For my moms birthday on New Years, we went to Flannery's, a fancy restaurant. How fancy? You need a collared shirt fancy (I got away with an MMA affliction polo shirt.) I had the shrimp Risotto.  And it was damned good. Like to go back. Budget be willing. 

• Brohoof 1

I had some toasted crickets once. I can't say I loved them but the overall experience was worth it for the sheer novelty of it. I got them at an airport shop while waiting for a plane. They came in Sour Cream & Onion and Cheddar Bacon. I had the Cheddar Bacon ones. I would definitely try them again. 

• Brohoof 1

Back a long time ago in 2nd grade of elementary school IIRC (so it means 2005, damn)

We went on a field trip to the Chinese district in Montreal and we stopped at a restaurant, then I decided to try a meal that everybody on my table did not want to eat, the meal were squid legs and I decided to try them and as I remembered they tasted pretty darn good. I remember the reaction of all my classmates who were disgusted just by looking at it XD

Aside from this experience I remembered trying out Sushis at an all-you-can-eat resto and I enjoyed at first but then I kind of despised them when I eated them for the second time.

I recently went to an Indian place and enjoyed the spicy curry I ate...I wanted to try naan bread but I needed to watch my carbs. But I guess I could've tried naan bread if I had someone to eat Indian food with.

I live in a city that loves local food, so I honestly try to eat at every single place in town at least once. So far, I think I've eaten at like 50% of the places in my city which has to be close to 100 restaruants. 

Its hard to find them all... 

• Brohoof 1

I live in a city that loves local food, so I honestly try to eat at every single place in town at least once. So far, I think I've eaten at like 50% of the places in my city which has to be close to 100 restaruants. 

Its hard to find them all... 

This is actually a super cool thing that you are doing!

In my area, there are a lot of chains that I really love so it can be hard for me to break out of those usuals and go to the local restaurants. 

But my bible teacher invited me to lunch at her usual lunch spot, El Pollo Loco, some months ago, and O.M.G. their shrimp avocado tacos!!!!

I actually work at an El Pollo Loco, and there are so rarely hear anybody say good things about the food at my restaurant so that was kinda funny hearing how much you love those.  :P

There is one place that me and my fiancee have discovered in our hometown that we have both come to love. It's called Guy's for Lunch, and it is just a single location that is only open for lunch, but they have an AMAZING meatball sandwich and whenever we are home from school we always try to go there. Partially though, the owner is incredibly nice and funny so that certainly adds to the reasons why that is one of our favorite places to eat. 

In my area, there are a lot of chains that I really love so it can be hard for me to break out of those usuals and go to the local restaurants. 

Its all about the local stuff around here, so that's why I try to do it. Get some real food rather than chain food. There's just a huge difference between local food and chain food.

• Brohoof 1

I actually work at an El Pollo Loco, and there are so rarely hear anybody say good things about the food at my restaurant so that was kinda funny hearing how much you love those.  :P

There is one place that me and my fiancee have discovered in our hometown that we have both come to love. It's called Guy's for Lunch, and it is just a single location that is only open for lunch, but they have an AMAZING meatball sandwich and whenever we are home from school we always try to go there. Partially though, the owner is incredibly nice and funny so that certainly adds to the reasons why that is one of our favorite places to eat.

I love shrimp. You'll rarely, if ever, hear a complaint from me about shrimp.

Land meat isn't really me thing, so meatballs are out,I'm afraid.

• Brohoof 1

BJ's was pretty good, but too pricy for the small amount they gave you.

I remember walking into an Asian restaurant thinking it was Chinese food and instead it was an authentic Korean restaurant. The food is delicious, though I could do without my shrimp and octopus staring at me.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's actually a funny story.

Ever since I started going to this university in Texas, my uncle told me to go out and try Water Burger at least once. I was like "Water Burger? What kind of name is THAT?"

I meet somebody who tells me I'm saying it wrong and it's "Whataburger." So I find one and try it out and I instantly thought "They need to build these in the Midwest!"

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 4:41 PM, EpicEnergy said:

I recently gave Jalapeno poppers a try, and I absolutely love them! ^_^

Sounds really good. Wish I could join you, talk forum stuff over luny

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I tried fish and chips on vacation once and it was pretty good :P

I’m not much of a seafood person but I do like fish and chips now :squee:

Omgsh fish and chips are GREAT :yay: . Fried, oily goodness, also fries are my favorite side :nom: . Not complete without tartar sauce!

Still quite recent, I’d say this Chicago-stuffed pizza place. I’ve been there plenty of times. Can’t not go for too long :ooh: .

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I tried fish and chips on vacation once and it was pretty good :P

I’m not much of a seafood person but I do like fish and chips now :squee:

Cool. Such a British "drunk" pub dish.

I remember my brother talking about getting that after being out getting drunk in town (back when he did that, now he is responsible father)