Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you get along with kids?

Moon Sugar

I get a long well with kids and *adore* babies, toddlers drive me up a wall though. 

What about you? Do you get a long well with kids?

Edited by Moon Sugar
  • Brohoof 3

Several people have told me that I'm good with kids, but I think the complete opposite. Hell, I'm not even good with people. How do you expect me to get along with kids?

And babies, oh god. I'm 10 times worse with babies. I know they're just babies and they don't know any better (plus we were all babies at some point), but man they get really obnoxious at times. I'm not sure why many people find them so cute.

• Brohoof 5

Kids are cool but I have trouble communicating with them because I assume they are as precocious as I was at whatever age they are. Teenagers scare the crap out of me, mostly because it's like looking in a funhouse mirror.

• Brohoof 1

Kids are cool but I have trouble communicating with them because I assume they are as precocious as I was at whatever age they are. Teenagers scare the crap out of me, mostly because it's like looking in a funhouse mirror.

Oh my gosh! I feel like the same way around teenagers!

• Brohoof 1

I get along very well with other kids...they just seem to just tract to me which is odd...

Considering that I am 14...And 14 year olds tend to be jerks...Based on my experience of being bullied without mercy by other kids my age...Maybe the younger kids come up to me because of the fact I am not a jerk and am pretty fun to talk to...

• Brohoof 1

It's like "wow I can't believe how much of a little bastard I once was." Thank god for my twenties.

Right! The second I turned 19, woke up and realized how petty I was as a litte teeny bopper. Than in my twenties realized that petty and cattiness was a pretty big defense mechanisms from the other petty, catty teenaged girls. 

Honestly, to this day I get a little nervous walking by a crowd of them. How gross is that?

• Brohoof 1

No, not at all. I don't like kids. I have friends that are technically kids, and I accept them as my friends. But overall, I don't like kids; They're annoying, bothering, always want to intrude in my alone time, and I generally don't want them near me, yet I respect all life and accept everypony so I don't discriminate anyone, not even kids. But this doesn't mean I have to like them.

To answer the actual question: I only get along with kids that are Bronies because of MLP:FiM which we can relate to.

Edited by Lightning Dash

Right! The second I turned 19, woke up and realized how petty I was as a litte teeny bopper. Than in my twenties realized that petty and cattiness was a pretty big defense mechanisms from the other petty, catty teenaged girls. 

Honestly, to this day I get a little nervous walking by a crowd of them. How gross is that?

In my own self-diagnosis of my social anxieties I would probably point to lingering resentment of teenage shame or repressed feelings against younger people who like they would be the type to pick on me if I were their age. The past is full of answers to the present.

• Brohoof 1

In my own self-diagnosis of my social anxieties I would probably point to lingering resentment of teenage shame or repressed feelings against younger people who like they would be the type to pick on me if I were their age. The past is full of answers to the present.

Haha, your diagnosis is pretty on the nose. Life is a journey and I'll get over it in time. :) 

• Brohoof 1

Oh, heck no. Babies make me extremely squeamish and toddlers aggravate me to no end. I can get along with schoolchildren somewhat, but when it comes to babies and toddlers, I always try to stay far away from them.

I'm sorry, but I really dislike babies and toddlers. It always makes me roll my eyes when some people force me to like them. :/

• Brohoof 1

In general, I do get along with kids (I can even tolerate babies. Though if they are disturbing the peace in a public space I am in, it can get annoying).

I have cousins who are the age of kids (as well as ages up to middle-age adults), so of course I should get used to it.

Though if they are invading my personal and private time and space for me to be alone, I politely tell them to leave me be, and they do leave in respect. I would never intentionally want to scare them, as I myself am trying to be a likable guy to everyone, including kids (since I am on YouTube and such, and I usually want to keep my content family-friendly).

I love 'em. I see so many every day! All ages of kids (and adults too) as part of my job. 

The fact is, babies, toddlers and children of almost any age get a little cranky sometimes. We all do. The little ones just express it in the way they know how, which is usually a little noisy. They just have needs. As soon as they're taken care of, everything's good again. 

I find that with most kids old enough to communicate with words, I reach them by treating them with the same respect I would any adult. Kids are often more intelligent than their parents but come off differently because no one gives them a chance to be heard and they get frustrated. Listen to them, respect what they say, think and feel. 

One thing that I hate to hear parents tell their kids is "Because I said so." This is crap. It shows no interest or intelligent thought. If one really has a reason to tell a kid something, explain your reasons and they'll understand and respect you for it. If one has no good reasons, you'll see that you should be listening and not telling.  :squee: Okay, I'm done yammering now.

• Brohoof 1

Considering the fact that I have to pick up and babysit 2 kids 3 days a week as my part time job, I would say that I get along with them very well. My whole family tells me that I have a way with kids. When I talk and interact with them, I show genuine interest and enthusiasm. Kids are very smart and can see through facades fairly easily  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 3

I haven't been around a lot of kids since I was sort-of a kid myself, but my baby nephew seems to like me well enough. x3  I was helping watch him one day and trying to keep him entertained, and I discovered that both juggling (badly) or doing pump-kicks (Karate Kid's "crane" kick) cracked him the hell up.

Kind of? I've been told by people that I'm really good with kids, but it requires so much patience and holding my tongue that by the time I'm finished interacting with them I'm exhausted. Which is why I never want children. I'll be in the mental asylum by their first birthday.

• Brohoof 1

As a Child, no.

I had a lot of Problems with Kids, even when i was a Teenager.

Some of them were just annoying.

As an Adult...i dont even want to try out.