Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Hasbro doing enough for their MLP anniversary milestones?

ManaMinori

Do you they could do more? For their 25th anniversary of the pony franchise, they put out a set of collector ponies from G3, and digitally remastered MLP the movie, from G1.

But for their 20th anniversary, GameFreak pulled out all the stops, re-releasing their old G1 games, hyping pokemon Go, make a superbowl commercial, released 20th aniversarry mascot merch, and so much more

Should Hasbro step up their game for future anniversaries of their MLp franchise? Maybe doing live pony questions after a show (like the Simpsons did), making a crossgen pony movie, re-releasing past gen pony merch outside of cons, having Bonnie Zacherle alicorn on the series for an anniversary tribute, or something.

Thoughts on Hasbro going bigger or going home, on effort put into the MLP franchise's future anniversaries?

• Brohoof 1

Honestly all I really want is a decent video game.

On the other hand, a crossover between all the generations does sound pretty awesome

• Brohoof 1

No there probably not doing quite enough, but hey I’m not fussed what they do as long as the give us a semi constant supply of decent enough episodes.

Honestly all I really want is a decent video game.

I couldn’t say from my own experience since I’ve never played it but apparently the mlp mobile app is meant to be pretty good

Do you they could do more? For their 25th anniversary of the pony franchise, they put out a set of collector ponies from G3, and digitally remastered MLP the movie, from G1.

But for their 20th anniversary, GameFreak pulled out all the stops, re-releasing their old G1 games, hyping pokemon Go, make a superbowl commercial, released 20th aniversarry mascot merch, and so much more

Should Hasbro step up their game for future anniversaries of their MLp franchise? Maybe doing live pony questions after a show (like the Simpsons did), making a crossgen pony movie, re-releasing past gen pony merch outside of cons, having Bonnie Zacherle alicorn on the series for an anniversary tribute, or something.

Thoughts on Hasbro going bigger or going home, on effort put into the MLP franchise's future anniversaries?

The Pokemon Company has absolutely nailed this anniversary celebration and their marketing of it, I would love Hasbro to do something similar at the next milestone. MLP has been around for so long now, it's certainly deserving of a worthwhile anniversary celebration.

(edited)

Make a toy commercial with both little girls AND little boys in it. Better yet bring in the parents too! If Barbie did it, why can't you, Hasbro?  :dry:

Or for a Discovery Family commercial, have a whole family (mom, dad, little daughter, and older/younger son) all watching the show together. Let the world know that MLP is a FAMILY show.   :love:

Edited by Shabb3r

After playing a bit of LEGO Marvel Superheroes, I actually want a My Little Pony game structured in that kind of gameplay style.  A number of characters that you can unlock, plus other secrets to find, as well as an original story.

• Brohoof 2

I think Hasbro has done enough to warrant an anniversary milestone, so they could do an anniversary episode if they wish.

Wait.  Does Twilight's Kingdom count as an anniversary episode for the entire My Little Pony franchise(Since it also brought in G1 villain Tirek as a G4 villain)

I hope that Hasbro is self-aware about the milestone in the sense that they may do something huge for the MLP franchise. I'm not talking about a similar 100th episode-esque milestone, even though that was fine but I'm rather talking about something to leave a lasting impression. Make it worthwhile, you know.

• Brohoof 1

Wait.  Does Twilight's Kingdom count as an anniversary episode for the entire My Little Pony franchise(Since it also brought in G1 villain Tirek as a G4 villain)

only if you count every episode ever as an anniversary episode, with G1 Applejack and g3 Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie

Maybe anything related to the previous generations then yes.

I'd like to see Hasbro release special ponies for the anniversary, like they did with G3. Maybe the Mane 6 with special designs all over their bodies? I'm almost positive that's how they did it with G3.

I'd like to see Hasbro release special ponies for the anniversary, like they did with G3. Maybe the Mane 6 with special designs all over their bodies? I'm almost positive that's how they did it with G3.

sthat's it? The point of this thread is if they could do MORE than just releasing pony toys. Reeasing a pony set is what they do even when it's not their anniversary, so it wouldn't really be all that different

Honestly, and I understand that there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that goes into all of this, but I think it would of made a lot more sense if the movie came out this year as opposed to next year.