Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where does Sunset Shimmer's fate lie?

ManaMinori

(edited)

What could they be trying to do with Sunset Shimmer?

I'm really confused, here. All through the Equestria Girls movies, they have strung us along to believe that Sunset was staying in the human world. There were teases, though, of her trying and wanting to go bak in Friendship Games (once, through the portal, and again in a deleted scene). ALL OF the EQG movies have Sunset's name in the sypnosis....all, except Legend of Everfree. Makes it seem like she's not going to be in the 4th movie.

post-23572-0-82546600-1465074049.png

The Competition's On!

Canterlot High meets its rival school, Crystal Prep Academy, in a competition that's a long-standing tradition — the Friendship Games. Sunset Shimmer is tasked with keeping magic out of the games to avoid the appearance of impropriety while she and her friends compete against Crystal Prep's top students led by someone with an equal amount of interest in Equestrian magic — this world's TWILIGHT SPARKLE!

On top of that, the EqG Minis toyline, in spite of Sunset being the main character of the franchise, mainly focuses on the HuMane mane 6 clones of the ponies from FiM. Multiple variants of Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dah, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, and Apple Jack have already been produced. Sunset Shimmer, on the other hoof....hand...only has one Mini thus far. And her dolls are are less frequent than the HuMane 6's also.

Now, I wouldn't normally be worried, and would conclude that with the lack of focus in the human doll and mini toyline, no name being in the 4th movie Synosis, etc, was that they're getting ready to transition her into FiM.

But then, there hasn't really been evidence as to that, save for the deleted scene in EqG left on the cutting room floor, and no recent pony Sunset Shimmer toys to support that theory..

So what do you guys think they're trying to do with Sunset Shimmer, with the shaft we see of her in the toyline, as compared to HuMane 6, not having her name in the LoE sypnosis, and no sign of her headed to FiM?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

I doubt they'd just shove her aside. Even if may not be an incredibly large role, I'm sure she'll be in the movie at some point. She's basically Equestria Girls' Twilight (even more so than Sci Twi). Then again, just as in the show not all Mane Six are in every episode together as a group, there may be some times where the Mane Six/Five(?) of the human world just want to hang out with each other. Sunset doesn't have to be part of every activity they plan.

That being said, even if Sunset doesn't appear, it's no loss for me personally. I'm very tired of her and how she's just a plot device to share the lessons Twilight has learned with the human world. Not to mention her personality is dry as a desert. If they can make me interested in her character this time around, then by all means give her more screentime in the movie then ever before; but it's going to take a lot of work to get me on board with her. 

eg_posters.png

After moving to the front of poster 3, Sunset Shimmer (along with the Shadowbolts) is completely absent from poster 4. Cyclops was moved to the back in the X-Men: The Last Stand's poster, and he gets vaporized 15 minutes in. SS is probably going to get blown up by a laser beam. :'(

In the money vortex of a far less interesting and much more contrived franchise.

really? When -in spite of her being the only character worth getting development, and carrying that contrived franchise on her back- her merchandise pales in comparison to the amount that the more familiar faces get?

Finally going back to Equestria as the dropped subplot of FG hinted at.

I'd hope so. Sunset really doesn't have much of a reason to stay anymore. She's no longer searching for the power to rule Equestria, no longer needs to hide from Celestia, learned about friendship and forgiveness while she still has family on top of friends waiting for her in Equestria. As well as her real body.

Plus, on an out-of-universe not, with human Twilight there she's got an easy replacement for 'main character' as well.