Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Illiad Easle, a writer and RPer, Anything!

Illiad Easle

I'm an avid participant in the role-playing section here in the forums, some of which have ended up being converted, by me, into stories that I have recently begun to post on Fimfiction.net (Link in the description.)

Anyone with questions about me, my ocs, the writing and role-play process, or anything you can think of, feel free to ask!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

When you write your RP who do you mainly write it for? Do you write it focused on the enjoyment of yourself? The fellow Roleplayer? or The anonymous viewers? 

It's one thing I always think about , and something I'd like your opinion on ^ ^

• Brohoof 1

@,

I was starting to lose hope that anyone would ask a question.

I had never really considered why I did RPs before, I think I mostly write my posts for the enjoyment of the other RPers, this is most especially in the group RPs that I've done like Midnight in Manehatten, Facilility Heatha Severn, and Fantasy RP. Though some of my more recent ones, the Cultural Exchanges, I've written more towards the anonymous reader as I've tried to write them as I would a story, which is why I've started turning the one I'm doing with @Randimaxis into a published story on FimFiction.

Above all I write RPs for my own enjoyment, if I'm not going to enjoy doing it then there's really little point in me doing it at all.

• Brohoof 2

I like that answer.

If you could recommend one book for people to read what would it be? 

Who is your favorite author?

What was the first story you've ever written? (Doesn't have to be the whole story, the gist wold be fine ^ ^)

• Brohoof 1

@,

Oh goody! I like these questions.

I really liked the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov, as well as the Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn, to one singular book though... The Host, by the same author as the Twilight Saga, The Host is so much better that her other books and it is one of my favorites.

Isaac Asimov is my favorite author by far, mostly due to his Foundation series, as well as how he wrote, he built his stories so that they all sat within the same universe, something that has inspired me in my own world building.

The first story I really wrote was The Poniad though it is much worse than the one posted in part on FimFiction under the same name, and the real one which I have yet to really write is better then that one still. Anyway it was the story of a unicorn named Jigsaw Puzzle who was sent to collect the seven gems that were used to seal a cave of darkness which contained many powerful magical artifacts including a mirror that could create mirrored clones of those that interact with it. It wasn't well written at all so I scrapped the ideas as well as the flat characters involved, re-purposing them into other elements of my much better new story. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, fancy seeing YOU here, my partner-in-rhyme!  *chuckle*

Since roleplaying on this site, have you learned anything new or remarkable from what you've gotten from the folks here?

I also wanted to ask who your role models are, since I'd be fascinated to see who you put faith in.

OH!  OH!  And one more - you speak of The Poniad... is there going to be a Ponyssey?

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,

Usually you turn up often when I show up somewhere, maybe it's because we look for the same things when browsing the RPs.

In terms of learning, well, my time here in the forums has done wonders both for my self image as I live vicariously through my characters, and for my writing ability and confidence. I've come to think of the people I interact with as real people, well those who I can tell put thought and effort into their characters are real to me, those that don't are still just bots. I've learned how to write in a way that's interesting and how to distance myself from my characters so they can be their own individuals.

My role models? I suppose I don't really have any individuals that I really want to be like when I finally get around to being an adult. I just want to be important to enough people that I am remembered. Sorry if that answer disappoints.

How did you know? In all seriousness I was planning to someday write a Ponyssey as a collection of some short story ideas I had for the world in my headcanon, mostly some scenes from other perspectives and perhaps a more detailed look into the lives of my side characters like Glen, Swift, and Carbon.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry if that answer disappoints.

Perhaps 'role model' wasn't the right words... whom do you admire among the past and present people of the world? 

(I.E.: Favorite actor, comedian, singer, et cetera...)

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,

Well, I really like Tesla, Einstein, and Nobel, for being super cool scientists and stuff. Elon Musk falls into that same category. I guess I admire people who do things that I think are really cool, like science.

I guess I'm just bad at answering this sort of question, I just keep blanking out. 

• Brohoof 1

It's fine, it's fine...

So, now I shall ask for:

Your favorite drink?  (alcoholic or non, either or)

Your favorite song(s)?

Your favorite episode of MLP:FiM?

Your favorite moment from high school?

Your shoe size?

Your favorite color(s)?

And your favorite TV show(s)?  (if you watch TV that is; many folks don't)

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,

Oooh! I like this sort of questions,

I don't drink alchohol, so my favorite drink is (Non-alcoholic) ButterBeer from the wizarding world of Harry Potter, I could drink that stuff all day long.

My favorite song changes often, but my favorite one at the moment is this. Mostly because BK2k is my favorite pinball machine by far and it has the best music of any machine I've come across.

My favorite episode would have to be the 100th episode, mostly due to its high concentration of Ditzy. Though I also loved the Cheese Sandwich episode for its Weird Al cameo.

My favorite moment from high school was meeting my now best friend and discovering that he was just as in to MLP as I am, @@clockwork24 if you want to poke him.

I'm pretty sure my shoe size is an 11 or 11.5 but I never know for sure.

I really like Khaki, but also blueish-black

My favorite show is Gravity Falls, six fingered hands down (That's a reference I only have five fingers per hand).

• Brohoof 1

You like Slice of Life AND have an 11 and a half shoe size?  I'm starting to wonder if we ARE related!

Okay then, more rapid-fire questions!  (As I stare blankly at our RP, trying to come up with a post.)

Republican, Democrat, Libertarian... or are you like me, and just say SCREW POLITICS?

Favorite quote?  (Movie, song, book, what-have-you)

Do you have a pet, and if not, do you want one?

Do you play video games, and if so, what do you prefer?  (If not, then do you play tabletop RPGs, and if so, what do you prefer there?)

Favorite type of weather?

If you could go back in time to any period you'd like to, when would it be and why?

How would you categorize these, according to yourself: Intelligence, Luck, Love, Humor and Strength

What sports do you play/watch?  (If you don't do sports, I may have to look up my family tree to see which branch you're hanging from...)

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,

It's like you're just an older version of me, (And I was wondering what was taking so long, don't sweat it too much)

In politics I go by the issues, I know I'm not liberal or conservative on everything so I don't try to be, but I keep politics out of my everyday life since I have some very strongly opinionated relatives.

Quote? Oooh, Song: And who can say what brings another joy? Book: But it was so artistically done. Movie: Unless he knew you wouldn't believe the truth even if he told it to you. But above all, "If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied." -Alfred Nobel

My only pets have been my computers, and I love my current one so much I took the time to upgrade it to have 16gb of ram and an ssd before I took it to college. While I may have wanted a real pet when I was younger, this is much easier to manage and cleaner in many aspects.

Do I play video games? http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865932/ Maybe...

To be serious, I love video games. I love strategy games above all, (Mostly CiV) but I also like the casual FPS like TF2 from time to time. I also liked playing DnD while I still had a group, though they've since moved far away. I miss my Centaur. I also like to play board games like 7 Wonders, Ticket to Ride, and other games like those.

I like it when it's overcast, but slightly warm with a cool breeze. The perfect excuse to stay inside and be on the internet.

Back in time? Well I wouldn't mind going back to about 20ad to know for sure what happened then, but really the future is where it's at.

By most prevelent? Int, Humor, Luck, Strength, Love. By most important? Int, humor, love, luck, strength.

I used to play soccer and baseball, and I still really enjoy sports like that such as kickball and ultimate Frisbee. Though the only sport I watch is the Superbowl ad competition.

• 1 month later...

What is your favorite genre of books?

Oh awesome! Finally a new question.

I would have to say my favorite genre is science fiction, and furthermore the original star wars extended universe and the works of Isaac Asimov. Though I also do like well written fantasy novels and historical fictions.

@@Crescent Light,

Oh where to start?  

According to my google play library my most listened song is Not Your Year by The Weepies, so whatever genre that is is what tops my list. I also like Pentatonix, Weird Al, TMBG, The Beatles, as well as other assorted songs of most genres. Tech seems to dominate my playlists as well as the occasional instrumental or game backing music like TF2 and FTL as well as Portal Stories Mel.

I have a quite varied taste in music to be honest.

• 1 month later...