Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Call of Duty: Black Ops II

FALCON PUNCH

Nothing like reviving a thread to coincide with the reveal of Black Ops II gameplay during E3 :).

Before you jump on the hate wagon, since most of you guys don't seem to like CoD, it is still too early to jump to conclusions. After all, this is only campaign. A lot of stuff that appeared in campaign in previous CoDs never appeared in multiplayer or was quite different (For example, the F2000 in MW2 campaign had REALLY low recoil, but has rather high recoil in the multiplayer :mellow:). So what I was able to indentify in this gameplay (Also, some of these weapons, namely the Vector K10, were confirmed in still images of what looked like gameplay that hadn't been posted yet, or has been very recently uploaded).....

XM8 confirmed

Type 25 confirmed (I can't find any search results on it, must be in early developement as a replacement for the Type 95 at the looks of it)

Type 95 returns (Hopefully they tweak it juuuust slightly so it's not as annoying to so many people)

Storm PSR confirmed, which has an X-Ray scope on it (I'm more than sure Treyarch will have an at least decent way to balance it out if it is in multiplayer)

Vector is back, now known as the Vector K10 (I loved this gun in MW2, it was basically a SMG version of the later FAD :wub:)

FA-38 confirmed. It is a jet very similiar to the F-35 Lightning II. It was kinda neat that you could fly it, considering CoD is more known for the gun-on-gun combat.

Some sort of Quadrotor wristwatch that lets you designate an area you want a group of Quadrotors to swarm.

That's all I was able to indenitfy from the gameplay and some still images from further gameplay that seems to have been not uploaded yet. I probably missed some stuff but really, that's it, as of now. Remember, this is just one set of gameplay. MW3 had I think 3 missions revealed during E3 last year, so that probably means a few more missions will be revealed later on :).

• Brohoof 1

Nothing like reviving a thread to coincide with the reveal of Black Ops II gameplay during E3 :).

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d8fuTMgRSY&list=LLkKtKixNqvnJF7dL6KI3yrg&feature=mh_lolz[/media]

Before you jump on the hate wagon, since most of you guys don't seem to like CoD, it is still too early to jump to conclusions. After all, this is only campaign. A lot of stuff that appeared in campaign in previous CoDs never appeared in multiplayer or was quite different (For example, the F2000 in MW2 campaign had REALLY low recoil, but has rather high recoil in the multiplayer :mellow:). So what I was able to indentify in this gameplay (Also, some of these weapons, namely the Vector K10, were confirmed in still images of what looked like gameplay that hadn't been posted yet, or has been very recently uploaded).....

XM8 confirmed

Type 25 confirmed (I can't find any search results on it, must be in early developement as a replacement for the Type 95 at the looks of it)

Type 95 returns (Hopefully they tweak it juuuust slightly so it's not as annoying to so many people)

Storm PSR confirmed, which has an X-Ray scope on it (I'm more than sure Treyarch will have an at least decent way to balance it out if it is in multiplayer)

Vector is back, now known as the Vector K10 (I loved this gun in MW2, it was basically a SMG version of the later FAD :wub:)

FA-38 confirmed. It is a jet very similiar to the F-35 Lightning II. It was kinda neat that you could fly it, considering CoD is more known for the gun-on-gun combat.

Some sort of Quadrotor wristwatch that lets you designate an area you want a group of Quadrotors to swarm.

That's all I was able to indenitfy from the gameplay and some still images from further gameplay that seems to have been not uploaded yet. I probably missed some stuff but really, that's it, as of now. Remember, this is just one set of gameplay. MW3 had I think 3 missions revealed during E3 last year, so that probably means a few more missions will be revealed later on :).

my first reaction "this is COD? holy s*** this is going to be awesome"

my first reaction "this is COD? holy s*** this is going to be awesome"

Like I said, too early to say if it's gonna be good or not, but it does look really good, I'm not gonna lie. Funny what happens when Treyarch does something different to the series, and everybody is like "What the hell? This ain't CoD :huh:".

I also managed to find another video of Black Ops II, which an interview with Mr. Sark and I believe Mark Lamia, the head of Treyarch.

#!

I was able to find a few more things in this......

KSG-12 returns. I'm quite happy this shotgun returns. Who knew that the WORST shotgun in CoD history would be buffed to become one of the best in MW3 and CoD in general, and one of the coolest looking weapons in CoD :D?

RPG returns. Honestly, I didn't see this coming, because you'd think the RPG would be old anD out-dated by 2025 :huh:? Looks like the Russians are trying to upgrade it, as this new RPG has notably different iron sights and a more sleek look to it.

KAP-40 confirmed. This weapon looks a lot like the TDI Kard-looking pistol, although I remember there was another pistol shown in the May 1st Reveal that looked different, so this must be it :mellow:.

That's all I was able to find new in this vid. Also, this is the vid in which the screenshot of the Vector K10 pick-up originated :)

Like I said, too early to say if it's gonna be good or not, but it does look really good, I'm not gonna lie. Funny what happens when Treyarch does something different to the series, and everybody is like "What the hell? This ain't CoD :huh:".

I also managed to find another video of Black Ops II, which an interview with Mr. Sark and I believe Mark Lamia, the head of Treyarch.

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfAnzSs5xCI&feature=player_embedded[/media]#!

I was able to find a few more things in this......

KSG-12 returns. I'm quite happy this shotgun returns. Who knew that the WORST shotgun in CoD history would be buffed to become one of the best in MW3 and CoD in general, and one of the coolest looking weapons in CoD :D?

RPG returns. Honestly, I didn't see this coming, because you'd think the RPG would be old anD out-dated by 2025 :huh:? Looks like the Russians are trying to upgrade it, as this new RPG has notably different iron sights and a more sleek look to it.

KAP-40 confirmed. This weapon looks a lot like the TDI Kard-looking pistol, although I remember there was another pistol shown in the May 1st Reveal that looked different, so this must be it :mellow:.

That's all I was able to find new in this vid. Also, this is the vid in which the screenshot of the Vector K10 pick-up originated :)

wow this looks amazing!

I am surprised this is the only black ops 2 post.

I think this game looks horrible. The trailer was incredibly boring. The only significant difference I see in the gameplay is that there's now a bunch of drones flying around.

The graphics look like the bastard offspring of MW3 and Blops. I see no reason to believe this game is any different than any of the prior Call of Duty games.

The weapons may looks cool but when placed in the context of crappy gameplay, they're not very fun to use.

• Brohoof 1

I think this game looks horrible. The trailer was incredibly boring. The only significant difference I see in the gameplay is that there's now a bunch of drones flying around.

The graphics look like the bastard offspring of MW3 and Blops. I see no reason to believe this game is any different than any of the prior Call of Duty games.

The weapons may looks cool but when placed in the context of crappy gameplay, they're not very fun to use.

Posted Image

I agree wit dis guy.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The graphics look like the bastard offspring of MW3 and Blops.I see no reason to believe this game is any different than any of the prior Call of Duty games.

Like I said, still too early to judge it. That was only 11 minutes, anyways, out of a campaign that will take some hour to finish, let alone now having the choice to pick different choices to advance further in the missions (That's something new to CoD. Usually, the campaign is linear, but not this time). Also, that was campaign only, we still have multiplayer to get to (This is the first time that I'm actually excited thanks to campaign, which probably means I have that to look foward to also :)).

Whatever, some gamers are just harder to please :mellow:.

On topic with Black Ops II. I think it looks very good (I didn't say it would be good, keep in mind), but that may just be me.

I like the design of these weapons, namely the Storm PSR sniper. I mean, you can charge up the weapon to determine how many bullets you want to fire in one shot, the weapon's reload animation is very unique, and that X-Ray scoper seems really neat. Hopefully, if it does make it into multiplayer, Treyarch balances it right, so it isn't a bastard to deal with.

I also really liked the FA-38 part. CoD is more known for the gun-on-gun combat, so the introduction of the ability to fly a jet is new to the series (Of course, you BF3 guys will be shurgging right now :P).

I also like the way the XM8 and Type 25 look. The XM8 fires really fast, from what I've seen, but has some recoil to it (Or the player was so bad at aiming that he couldn't control it right -_-), and the Type 25 basically seems like a futuristic replacement for the Type 95, which is also in the game.

Edited by brokimbo deaglePower

You can have your own decisions but this topic is for people to discuss about the game not send hate about it.

Like I said, still too early to judge it. That was only 11 minutes, anyways, out of a campaign that will take some hour to finish, let alone now having the choice to pick different choices to advance further in the missions (That's something new to CoD. Usually, the campaign is linear, but not this time). Also, that was campaign only, we still have multiplayer to get to (This is the first time that I'm actually excited thanks to campaign, which probably means I have that to look foward to also :)).

Whatever, some gamers are just harder to please :mellow:.

On topic with Black Ops II. I think it looks very good (I didn't say it would be good, keep in mind), but that may just be me.

I like the design of these weapons, namely the Storm PSR sniper. I mean, you can charge up the weapon to determine how many bullets you want to fire in one shot, the weapon's reload animation is very unique, and that X-Ray scoper seems really neat. Hopefully, if it does make it into multiplayer, Treyarch balances it right, so it isn't a bastard to deal with.

I also really liked the FA-38 part. CoD is more known for the gun-on-gun combat, so the introduction of the ability to fly a jet is new to the series (Of course, you BF3 guys will be shurgging right now :P).

I also like the way the XM8 and Type 25 look. The XM8 fires really fast, from what I've seen, but has some recoil to it (Or the player was so bad at aiming that he couldn't control it right -_-), and the Type 25 basically seems like a futuristic replacement for the Type 95, which is also in the game.

The idea of being able to chose different options in the game is a great idea.

I hope the options you make will decide if a main character dies or not and have a different ending depending on what options you took. (A bit like mass effect.)

He is discussing his opinions on the game. I see no problem there.

I do think it is too early to really judge however. And I love how they are touting the singleplayer, like anyone is actually going to play that before getting burnt out on the MP.

• Brohoof 2

You can have your own opinions* but this topic is for people to discuss about the game not send hate about it.

I am discussing the game. It's most certainly a very negative opinion of what I saw from E3 but that doesn't mean it's "not discussion".

It's not really "hate" either.

It's not like I said HUR HUR LOOK ITS BLOPS 1.5 :P

Like I said, still too early to judge it.

Maybe too early to judge the entire game, but the campaign has already given me a bad impression.

I am discussing the game. It's most certainly a very negative opinion of what I saw from E3 but that doesn't mean it's "not discussion".

Maybe too early to judge the entire game, but the campaign has already given me a bad impression.

I didn't really mean to put it that way I just mean i created this topic for people to share updates on the game.

Not too interested. The CoD franchise is notorious for barley changing anything between games. Frankly, it's gotten boring IMO

I know what you mean only this week I have actually gotten quite bored of CoD they need to do something new with the franchise a bit like BO2

Posted Image

This picture best sums it up really

gaming designers like the picture of someone walking towards the camera

Call of Battlefield: Black Ops 2142.

that is what the game should be called.
  • Brohoof 2

Posted Image

This picture best sums it up really

This picture is totally inaccurate, the game in there is rated "E" :lol:

I'm kinda excited for this game. I'll definitely buy it, but I'll probably wait for the price to go down a little bit or for used copies to start circulating around. I'm way more excited for Borderlands 2

Good point, actually :).

Treyarch's campaigns always interested me more, I just don't know why :huh:

I also found this video that shows extended gameplay. This includes a short driving scene and the Type 25 in action :o, so.......

The Type 25 seems to also fire quite fast, but has low recoil. It may be like the M4A1 from MW2; it fired rather fast at around 800 RPM but was really weak, taking 4-5 shots unless Stopping Power was applied. Still, let's wait a little while to know more about this weapon.

We also saw the KAP-40, which is basically the ASP of Black Ops II.

The only new thing I saw was how the Type 25 performs, and it seems pretty neat. I also saw the pickup icon for the Vector K10, but I was always wondering "Why the hell does the guy not pick it up? I wanna see how the Vector is like in Black Ops II :)"

Good point, actually :).

Treyarch's campaigns always interested me more, I just don't know why :huh:

I also found this video that shows extended gameplay. This includes a short driving scene and the Type 25 in action :o, so.......

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTtsn2Srm3E&feature=g-all-u[/media]

The Type 25 seems to also fire quite fast, but has low recoil. It may be like the M4A1 from MW2; it fired rather fast at around 800 RPM but was really weak, taking 4-5 shots unless Stopping Power was applied. Still, let's wait a little while to know more about this weapon.

We also saw the KAP-40, which is basically the ASP of Black Ops II.

The only new thing I saw was how the Type 25 performs, and it seems pretty neat. I also saw the pickup icon for the Vector K10, but I was always wondering "Why the hell does the guy not pick it up? I wanna see how the Vector is like in Black Ops II :)"

Treyarch's campaigns were always more appealing to me than infinity ward's because they had a story you needed to know what was happening as black ops you only got to know the real story towards the end of the game. as infinity wards's was quite predictable nuke goes of stop it big fight kill off all the main characters.

Well, again, I found more footage of the game, this time it's part of a mode called "Strike Force". I'm gonna let the video explain what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riazowr1QtQ&feature=g-all-lik

Some things I noticed.....

Some sort of assault drone-like device that shoots missiles and has some guns manned on it. It's got a futurisitc HUD, unlike the MW3 assault drone, which basically you got a POV of the machine gun and that was it :P.

The Quadrotor is shown in action. It's muzzle flash is rather distracting, but it seems quite powerful. It's basically a flying assault drone, which gives it the advantage over the previously mentioned drone.

The CLAW is also shown. The CLAW is a mini-tank that walks on legs (Think of it as a fat pony trying to walk :lol:). It is shown to have a main weapon, most likely a machine gun, and a noobtube (Grenade launcher for those unfamiliar to FPS games :)).

I think it was in the video above, but I seemed to have missed another weapon -_-.

It's a SMG called the Chicom QCB, and still images of it shows a design similiar to the FMG9. Whenever I searched "Chicom", the search results had to do with China :huh:. I'm guessing this is a weapon of choice for the enemies (Which are Chinese for once :)), like the Type 95 and possibly Type 25.

Here's an image of the pick-up icon to get what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

Unfortunately, the only image I could find of the weapon itself was this :(

Posted Image

I like how you can switch between units in some campaign missions, should make things a bit fresh.

I also noticed that during the gameplay while he was on that destroyed highway, you could choose either to rappel off from the left side, or snipe from the top of the edge of the collapsed part while the unit goes down below.

Treyarch was telling the truth about Black Ops II's campaign being non-linear :). This is going to be very interesting for the campaign (Not enough to make me play it first over multiplayer, though :lol:) to me, so I'm really lookinf foward to that.

• Brohoof 2