Do you feel comfortable wearing things that stand out in public?

ManaMinori

noooot really but i used to wear tails to school when i was like 12 LOL? 

i went to uk ponycon this year and walked through town to kfc with a pair of pony ears on and no one seemed to bat an eye. so maybe i should dabble.. honestly i think people could care less

I don't like to stick out, I never have. But, like my current job, being my first office job, when I went into it I had this idea of office jobs being where you dress nice for. However, what I found out is that people are generally very casual, wearing T-shirts and jeans and stuff like that. I still like to dress up a little more than that, so I do feel like that possibly makes me stand out, even though I don't think my style makes me stand out much in general.  I frequently get compliments for what I wear and I'm not too bothered by that, but I guess it does mean I do stick out a little. No doubt my desk with colorful horses and unicorns also makes me stick out. What am I doing? :blink: Guess, maybe I'm softening on this issue. Learning that sticking out a little isn't always bad if it means what I'm doing that's happening to cause that is what makes me happy.

Character development??? (I doubt that's a healthy way to reflect upon oneself... but oh well. :mlp_laugh:)

• 10 months later...

Not particularly no, though it seems to end up happening in some way or another, I really like boardshorts which might stand out a bit when everyone else has jeans on :jazz-hooves-please:

• Brohoof 2

Well, I normally wear nothing what is to noticeable except for maybe a few metal band shirts.  In my active time in this fandom, when I was on a meetup, I often wore MLP shirts. But not anymore. It can happens that people look at me because I still just wear a t-shirt at top clothing while the weather is not that warm and summerly anymore, but thats it. XD

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if it's outstanding but I like wearing caps with names of different countries. The one I wear now has Ελλάς (Hellas) on it, which is one of the greek names for Greece (I just couldn't find one with the name Ελλάδα). A month ago I even met 2 guys from Athens who really liked my cap :Pip-giggle: 

Previously I wore one with a Scottish tartan and the name “Scotland”, but it had a very thick material and was not pleasant to wear in the summer....

image.png.ff9cd5132e8c05b264f7b66cb5a4991f.png

• smile 1

39 minutes ago, Arrlong28 said:

Sometimes I wear a traditional Catalan Cap called "Barretina". It feels great and I stand Out a Lot.

image.thumb.png.54b4897eb173acbff701f41315fb3167.png

It looks great. I'd love to have one for myself! I don't know why but I feel the need to buy a cap at every place I am. I am a cap-o-holic :Pip-giggle:

• Party! 2