Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A MLP episode dealing with death

Grtxkkyz

Oh my gosh....My heart goes out to your friend and her family....That is just awful...

Maybe that's the best way to distribute an episode like that....

Thank you for your kindness it truly does means a lot. It was a really hard time for the whole family and even though it's been several years since she still has a lot of trouble with it. Understandably so of course.

Thank you for your kindness it truly does means a lot. It was a really hard time for the whole family and even though it's been several years since she still has a lot of trouble with it. Understandably so of course.

Your welcome. I understand how hard it is. Nothing is harder then losing a child. (One of my family members lost her unborn son a few months before he was due. It was devastating for our entire family.)

Or with spike, but just thinking of that is so sad.

spikes been the show for what, 52 episodes? And he hasn't grown an inch, other then that one episode.... Anyways I doubt spike will be leaving anytime soon.

Frankly, I don't think it will happen, although if it did, My already high respect for the show's creators would increase tenfold, especially if it was done well, death is a hard topic, but it's one that everyone has to deal with at some point. and any show that has the guts to face that head on deserves nothing but the highest praise.

• Brohoof 1

I once saw an episode of dragon tales in which a pet died. It was a small creature-a caterpillar if memory serves correctly. I was young then and while it was sad I was able to handle it because the creature was small and insignificant to the serial as a whole. I don't exactly remember how it was sent but the message got across fine. Point being: I think if the writers were to introduce and kill off one of Fluttershy's bug pets (or something of the like) it'd be fine-if done right. In the end the bug wouldn't be terribly missed by the audience.

spikes been the show for what, 52 episodes? And he hasn't grown an inch, other then that one episode.... Anyways I doubt spike will be leaving anytime soon.

But if he starts hoarding stuff again.

Didn't we already have this thread once before? Hasbro would never allow an episode about a character dying. It's actually kind of dumb to think they ever would. The fanfics are written by adult fans. (Arguably fans with problems, in some instances) The show will NEVER have anything like that, because of the core audience of little girl viewers.

My exact thoughts.

Your welcome. I understand how hard it is. Nothing is harder then losing a child. (One of my family members lost her unborn son a few months before he was due. It was devastating for our entire family.)

How horrible.... it is devastating, but I can't even begin to imagine the pain the mother's must be in. I don't know how I would deal with it.

How horrible.... it is devastating, but I can't even begin to imagine the pain the mother's must be in. I don't know how I would deal with it.

I know....I felt awful for my cousin and I wished there was something I could have done...She had his name picked out and everything...I can just hope that the pain lessens as time goes on...I don't think I could take it if I lost a child...

I know....I felt awful for my cousin and I wished there was something I could have done...She had his name picked out and everything...I can just hope that the pain lessens as time goes on...I don't think I could take it if I lost a child...

"It has been said that time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." - Rose Kennedy

Not the most pleasant thought and while there is truth in it, the pain of something so horrible will never completely go away, as long as we have family and loved ones who are there for us and care for us through those troubled times by some miracle we'll be alright. We may not be able to prevent tragedy, but just being there for your cousin and showing your love and support is a great comfort.

"It has been said that time heals all wounds. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone." - Rose Kennedy

Not the most pleasant thought and while there is truth in it, the pain of something so horrible will never completely go away, as long as we have family and loved ones who are there for us and care for us through those troubled times by some miracle we'll be alright. We may not be able to prevent tragedy, but just being there for your cousin and showing your love and support is a great comfort.

Your right...It really never will go away but support and love can help it lessen....I know it still hurts to think about the loved ones I've lost and I was there for my cousin even though she's so much older then me she also had her sister, her mom (my aunt) and the rest of our family giving her our support.

I think dealing with a friend's death is a good lesson in friendship, because eventually it will happen to everyone. Everyone will eventually have to witness with a death of one of their loved ones, and I think an episode like that would be great for pretty much any age group who watches it. If they did it right, they could probably get emotional reactions (sadness, crying) from a lot of people. As long as it's done well and with taste, I think it could result in a really good episode.

I personally think it would be a great episode. (just as long as it isn't one of the mane characters, haha)

I was thinking more...Celestia... (Ha, I wish!)

Kill Luna instead.

ANYONE BUT CELESTIA!!!

Here's an idea.

Anypony remember Spike's Phoenix? Have an episode where Spike has to give the Phoenix back to it's parents.

Nobody dies, people stop calling Spike a kidnapper, and the message still gets across.

• Brohoof 1

Death is a morbid topic overall. It would be incredibly difficult to conceptualize a way to make death and a young audience work well.

This.

I think we just have to wait and see what the future of the demographic, motive, and theme of the show beholds.

While i would like to see the series deal with something more mature such as death it is a kids show so im not sure how they would handle it.

We must remember that MLP is a kids show, the only thing I could see revolving around the concept of death would be ones that we see in Disney films (threats of death and hidden deeper meanings) where villains threaten to kill the main character(s) but fail and end up dying on their own because the justice of the main characters. Other than that, I don't think the creators and writers will dive into mature content otherwise the show will lose its charming and happy quality that made all of us bronies and pony fans so attached to it.