Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A MLP episode dealing with death

Grtxkkyz

To people thinking "This is also a show for kids, too!" They could just say that a family member close to the character has passed away.

It would probably be a sad episode. But I think maybe GrannySmith or someone like that would be the one who would die in tehs how. She is reallyyyyyyy old and has hip problems as such so it would only make sense. But meh, will jsut have to wait and see if they do make such an episode.

(edited)

I think dealing with a friend's death is a good lesson in friendship, because eventually it will happen to everyone. Everyone will eventually have to witness with a death of one of their loved ones, and I think an episode like that would be great for pretty much any age group who watches it. If they did it right, they could probably get emotional reactions (sadness, crying) from a lot of people. As long as it's done well and with taste, I think it could result in a really good episode.

I personally think it would be a great episode. (just as long as it isn't one of the mane characters, haha)

I still think it'd be way too heart-wrenching to the viewers, especially the target child audience, to deal with. What if your favorite pony was the one killed off? I don't think I could watch the show anymore if Fluttershy was killed off. The only way this could work is if it happened at the very end of the series, otherwise it just wouldn't go over well.

Edited by Pegasus25

• 6 years later...

I highly, Highly, HIGHLY doubt there would be any main characters deaths in the show (unless if it’s a really evil character) and i don't want anybody to die

but i have to make on who could kick the bucket s.......

Celestia and Luna- sacrificing themselves to save Equestria and passing down their magic onto Twilight and Cadence

Granny Smith-dying due to old age/natural causes

Shining Armor- is overpowered by a powerful threat, out a magic and his horn broken, he shields himself to save his love ones.

Applejack,Rarity,Rainbow Dash- AJ is killed by a assassin hired by  xenophobic members of the Pear Clan, Rarity being murdered by a fashion rival and RD is killed in air battle by a superior flying pegasus. Before their deaths they all 3 manage to transfer their magic to the little sisters,( applebloom receiving  AJ’s strength , Sweetie Bell inheriting Rarity’s fashion skills and Scootaloo inheriting RD’s flying abilities and weather manipulation).The CMC, along with Spike and the remaining mane 3, seek to avenge their sister’s death by slaying the murderers.  

Queen Chrysalis- Absorbed by the Tree of Harmony or is slain by either the Mane 6, Celestia and Luna, or Cadence, Shining and Flurry 

Mane 6 and the Pillars- both groups are slain by the Big Bad but not before transferring all the magic to the Student 6 in order for them to vanquish the Final Boss once and for all

Twilight Sparkle-1.Equestria is magic has been drain of its magic by the Big Bad, who is then vanquish by so is the magic as well. Twilight casts a spell that restores the land of horses (and other creatures) but at the cost of her lifespan2. The planet in on the brink of destruction Twilight teleports everyone l to a different dimension and battles the final villain on her own. The villain has been defeated and Twilight teleports away .Twilight manages to find her friends but quickly succumbs to her wounds, she tells her nakama one final goodbye and her soul descends to the heavens, eventually being rebirth as a new star

I doubt we will have a pony die on the show. But the storm king isn't looking too likely to see a resurrection these days (although with enough crazy glue... and all the alicorns giving twi their magic again...),

Then there is the whole thing of sombra exploding into a zillion pieces....

They've kinda had an episode dealing with death.

Tanks for the Memories.

The entire episode was an allegory to loosing a beloved pet. Dash even goes through the five stages of grief. 

Not to mention all the implications regarding the fates of Bright Mac and Pear Butter throughout the seasons. 

• Brohoof 1

As interesting as it would be to see an episode deal with a heavy topic like death, it would definitely be a tonal shift from the rest of the show, and just wouldn't work with the general themes and messages it usually conveys. It's hard to find a middle-ground when it comes to dealing with a hefty topic in a show like this, but I definitely believe it IS possible to do so, they'd just need one hell of a writer to pull it off.