Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A MLP episode dealing with death

Grtxkkyz

Depends on how it's handled. If done correctly, it can shed light on something we all must confront in one way or another. The death, I imagine, would happen off-screen but be mentioned on-screen so the viewer could make the connection.

Agreed. I think children are far more capable of understanding and learning to come to terms with concepts like this then most adults give them credit for. Children aren't immune to death and the effect it has on their lives just because they're young so what's the harm in preparing them for an inevitable reality?

What if there would be a MLP episode dealing with death???What would happen???Would you watch it???How'd you feel???It's likely to happen,as MLP teaches life lessons which can greatky help us and there are lots of MLP fanfics dealing with death out there.

Didn't we already have this thread once before? Hasbro would never allow an episode about a character dying. It's actually kind of dumb to think they ever would. The fanfics are written by adult fans. (Arguably fans with problems, in some instances) The show will NEVER have anything like that, because of the core audience of little girl viewers.

• Brohoof 1

Didn't we already have this thread once before? Hasbro would never allow an episode about a character dying. It's actually kind of dumb to think they ever would. The fanfics are written by adult fans. (Arguably fans with problems, in some instances) The show will NEVER have anything like that, because of the core audience of little girl viewers.

I thought the other thread was more of a reaction to the death of a character, this one is more about the idea of an episode like that occuring.

Anyways, I just don't see an episode like this ever happening since the show is still a marketing tool. Unlike Sesame Street and their very special episode of dealing with death.

As it's stilla little girls' show, I doubt they'd have that.

If they did, most likely Granny Smith. I can see them going for "natural causes" type of death, but murder is way too harsh for six-year olds.

I think it would be interesting enough.

Though it would have to deal with the matter quite well as to not offend and still be useful for the younger demographic who watches the show.

Please no....Especially not Zecora or Granny Smith.

Especially not Granny Smith.

I just think it's a bad idea....Why? Because it is a show for young girl's....And I think it really could be an episode full of controversy because then you wonder where the soul goes after death and it's just a time bomb....Besides that...

I think that lesson is one a parent needs to teach the child not a cartoon.

"Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that death is a b**** and that I miss [insert pony's name here] so badly!!!

WHY?!?!??!

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle"

• Brohoof 1

Death? No. Loss? Yes.

An episode with death as the 'main topic' would simply be too extreme for the target demographic. The loss of a pet of one of the Mane 6, like Spike/Gummy having to be released in the wild, or simply one of them running away, seems more likely, if they were to make an episode like that.

Best candidate for a death-related episode: Trixie

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Should really be Snips and Snails.

No, but really Trixie.

I was thinking more...Celestia... (Ha, I wish!)

It would be a unique little change to have an episode with a funeral. If such a such a thing happened, it would probably be one of fluttershy's animals, but that would be sad. :(

I Think It Would Be Slightly Less Dramatic If Somepony's Pet Died, Instead Of SomePONY, Because If A Pony Were To Die, I Would Naturally Think It Would Be Granny Smith, And That Would Make Me Sad

• Brohoof 1

I think if this were to happen it might involve a pet of some sort, as that would be the way to make the mood lighter. That, or, they might just come back to life at the end of the episode! I don't know..it's tough to say. I feel like while MLP does try to teach important life lessons, the focus is really more on fostering friendships. I feel like they'd be more likely to teach a lesson on friendships ending by having someone move away, like maybe a friend of the Cutie Mark Crusaders' or something.

In general I just feel like death is still a bit to taboo for something like MLP to handle...

I don't want it to happen and I don't think it will happen.

Me too. I can take on sad parts from other movies, although seeing a MLP episode involving death would end up making me cry for a week or two. :(

Ya know, they could always handle it like this; instead of somepony dying, what if instead a pony, maybe even one of the Mane 6, left Ponyville permanently. That'd still be sad as heck, but at least nopony would die, and they'd still be able to make an episode that conveys a message about learning to let go of someone you love. IDK, just a thought (even though I myself hope it never happens!!!).

(edited)

What if there would be a MLP episode dealing with death???What would happen???Would you watch it???How'd you feel???It's likely to happen,as MLP teaches life lessons which can greatky help us and there are lots of MLP fanfics dealing with death out there.

While I think it would be an interesting subject to tackle, I can almost guarantee that there will never be an episode of My Little Pony that deals with death. You have to remember what this show is. I know with alot of the crazy stuff that happens in this show that it's often difficult to keep that fact in mind. Even I forget it sometimes. But no, I don't think we'll ever see an episode dealing with death.

Now with that said, if I was on the staff, and we were going to make an episode dealing with death, I would probably center it around a character that is separate from the currently established characters. It would probably be something dealing with Celestia and Luna's past, like maybe the circumstances surrounding their mother's death or something like that. They lived for thousands of years, but their parents were still mortal and died of old age. I could see that working, if it's done delicately (like, no violence surrounding it). It could even fulfil the requirement for a Celestia-centric episode that alot of us want to see at some point.

Then the morale could be something like, 'Talking about these kinds of things makes it easier to deal with', or something along those lines. Just none of this 'passing into the next world' 4Kids crap, please.

Edited by SBaby

Had a thought today. Lets assume they do make an episode dealing with death. They did it well and respectfully (whatever that means to you), but instead of airing it like a normal episode they make it available some other way. Either free to watch online or download or available via a DVD release, however would be best to distribute it.

This way parents would have access to this episode to use as a teaching tool should they decide to and will be able to watch it with their children so they can talk to them and discuss the episode without having to worry about their child seeing it without them there to explain what's going on.

The reason I thought of this is because one of my best friend's sister lost a baby a couple years back when the baby was only a year old. It was very tragic and heartbreaking for everyone as you can imagine, but the worst part was having to explain to her three younger children (the oldest was ten at the time if I remember) why their baby sister was gone. This is why I say, death doesn't care how old you are when it affects your life.

I'm not a motherly person, I don't have children and probably never will, but do you think something like this would help someone in that position better explain the situation in a way their children could understand?

• Brohoof 1

Had a thought today. Lets assume they do make an episode dealing with death. They did it well and respectfully (whatever that means to you), but instead of airing it like a normal episode they make it available some other way. Either free to watch online or download or available via a DVD release, however would be best to distribute it.

This way parents would have access to this episode to use as a teaching tool should they decide to and will be able to watch it with their children so they can talk to them and discuss the episode without having to worry about their child seeing it without them there to explain what's going on.

The reason I thought of this is because one of my best friend's sister lost a baby a couple years back when the baby was only a year old. It was very tragic and heartbreaking for everyone as you can imagine, but the worst part was having to explain to her three younger children (the oldest was ten at the time if I remember) why their baby sister was gone. This is why I say, death doesn't care how old you are when it affects your life.

I'm not a motherly person, I don't have children and probably never will, but do you think something like this would help someone in that position better explain the situation in a way their children could understand?

Oh my gosh....My heart goes out to your friend and her family....That is just awful...

Maybe that's the best way to distribute an episode like that....